• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PC gamers, do you also play on console?

• Yes

Votes: 738 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 121 14.1%

• Total voters

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
No. I have no need for consoles. The occasional PS exclusive is not enough to make me want to buy it, especially since it's vastly inferior to my PC. I prefer to have as much control as possible over my hardware, as opposed to buying a box and being stuck with the same hardware for 5 years.

Looks like Sony will be joining the PC market in the near future so there's zero incentive to buy the next Playstation.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
To a lesser extent, but yes I do. Especially after buying Switch, before that I hadn't played a ton on consoles for a long time. Only had a handful of PS3 games, no console after that. Consoles haven't been my mainplatform since N64/PS1, I still play those too though.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Outside of exclusives and the rare times my friends are into the same game I am, no.

DoomGaze

Nov 16, 2017
Yes, all of them. Anything that I can play on PC I opt for on that, unless there are serious known issues.

I will admit that having a PC takes the wind out of MS/Sony's sails, a lot. But Playstation 4 still has Bloodborne and God of War.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I play PC the most, but I still have a PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and a Switch. I don't use the Xbox or Switch much though.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
My Xbox One has become the family YouTube machine.

I only touch my PS4 for PSVR games.

Switch I play on occasion with new titles.

I'll probably play a lot of PS5 when that's out.

But 98% of the time I play on PC.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, as long as exclusives and some games are just suited for playing on a couch instead of a desk chair. Yes, I know I can plug my pc in my tv but I don't have the right space for that kind of setup.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
Yep. Have a PS4 Pro that'll be going back into hibernation until The Last of Us Part II once I'm done with Death Stranding. Split the purchase of a Switch with a friend back at launch, it's been untouched since Astral Chain, and I haven't used it since Mario Odyssey. Praying that something, whether that be emulation or a Switch Pro, saves me from having to suffer through awful performance and image quality by the time BotW2 arrives.

The advent of Game Pass on PC last year marked the first time I've ever spent money on anything Xbox related, and I got a subscription until the end of 2022 for like the price of a single new game, so... thanks? Between that and the rumors of Sony pivoting towards PC it feels like everything's just being thrown out there for the benefit of PC users. It's wild, but I'm not complaining.

Oct 27, 2017
My general rule is buy on the lead development platform unless a PC port will totally out perform it on day one. Although for some reason I did not do this for the division 2 and totally regretted it. I used to not get some things on PC 'cause I didn't wanna deal with cheating online so it was probably a hang over from that mentality.

Sometimes it's just comforting to get things on console if the performance is good enough, i.e. DMCV and other "console" franchises. Anything with a mouse as the original input tho (Civ, Xcom, Diablo) has to be PC even if the ports are good, cause you know I'm not a complete savage.

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
I'm primarily a PC gamer these days but I do own all consoles for exclusives.

Next generation I think I'll be fine with PC + Nintendo. I'll miss the Sony first party games but I'm at a point in life where that doesn't really bother me anymore.

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
Always have owned consoles, but this gen I've played them less than every before. Microsoft ports to PC, which I like. Some of Sony's exclusives are time or just come over, so my Nintendo Switch gets the most use.