• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Buy your wife a Switch so you can game with her wherever you are in the house. Then she can get so good at Mario Kart that she whips your ass every time you play. =/

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Between work and college sadly I've just been building up a huge backlog of games :(.

Hopefully once things quite down I can get to game again.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
How are stairs really deterring you from going upstairs? Like....why put anything up there if you hate climbing stairs?

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
No wife, no kids, no dog , no life and no room pretty much solving that issue for me.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I come home from work, walk up the stairs and play an hour or two before dinner.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
My PC is in my bedroom. Also, being single means I have a lot more freedom, leisure time and disposable income.

I actually find it harder to play console games. My PS4 is hooked up to my monitor, so all I have to do is switch inputs but it's hard to find the motivation when I have so many games on PC and switching between gaming/browsing/movies/music/etc is so seamless.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017

hijukal

Oct 25, 2017
I have one but with lots of games now not on steam and them not being on moonlight makes it a complete faff
You can add any game you wish to Steam. You can then launch them through the Steam Link Big Picture menu. UPlay and GOG games work with no extra effort. Origin games need some extra love (but there's a launcher that does all the work). I've even played UWP games in this manner.

Also, with Moonlight, if you launch Steam through Moonlight instead of a game directly, you can then run anything that's in your Steam library (including non-Steam games you've added).

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
You can also use in-home streaming with a laptop or a Ps Vita or your phone with something like the 8bitdo extender, so your PC gaming becomes a bit more portable if you don't want to hook it to the TV.

OP
OP
Norwegian_Imposter

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah we do game when moonlight or steam link works properly. Some games end up being a gigantic pain in the ass.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
It's in my own bedroom so... unless the chair has spikes, I don't see any reason to not use it and play games or do other stuff like post in ERA.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I have the computer and TV in the spare bedroom, only issue with that is it gets extremely hot in there even in winter

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
My PC is in the living room, and I have both a Steam Link and a gaming monitor at a separate desk with a comfy chair. As long as I keep my desk clean (no junk on my desk, pc underneath the desk, no RGB madness etc), my wife is fine with that.

I would probably game a lot less if I had to sit alone in a separate room upstairs.

I'm in the PC right now

What's it like in there? :)

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I have the time, my issue is more that i'm at a desk all day for work, so sitting at a desk to play games has become less and less appealing to me. I find myself console gaming more these days, and only sitting at the desk to play games I can't play on my TV (or wouldn't make sense to stream to my shield) like Total War Warhammer and WoW. When I come home from work and want to play something, i'd much prefer to just chill on my couch and do it.

Man... This so much.

It's one of the reasons I'm starting to game less and less on the PC, add in the PS exclusives and baam there goes my PC gaming time

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty simple 3 steps plan:
  1. I don't have a TV
  2. I don't have dogs
  3. I don't have a wife
See? I got life all figured out.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I supposed OP would talk about too many games or interesting things you can do with a PC, but actually it seems he can't be bothered to walk up the stairs... Must have taken an arrow to the knee or something.

ResidentDuke

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I have the time, my issue is more that i'm at a desk all day for work, so sitting at a desk to play games has become less and less appealing to me. I find myself console gaming more these days, and only sitting at the desk to play games I can't play on my TV (or wouldn't make sense to stream to my shield) like Total War Warhammer and WoW. When I come home from work and want to play something, i'd much prefer to just chill on my couch and do it.

Same for me, i love my pc but hate being at my desk all day long... Consoles are more easy to just boot and relax on the couch and i dont like having to move my pc to my HT because i need to sit at my desk to work so it would be constantly moving.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
My PC sits under my TV so as long as my wife isn't occupying it, I can game as much as I can on my consoles, depending on my mood. I actually find it easier, if anything, because I'm usually on my computer web browsing, watching netflix, youtube etc, so the effort to boot up steam and get a game going is less than having to turn on a separate system( console) to do it.

This is far too circumstantial to frame it as a general question towards a specific group of people.