• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Yes but the games look fine on the ps4. And some of those exclusives don't make full use of the increased power since Sony doesn't mandate it. Much bigger graphical difference for Xbox exclusives on Xbox one vs x.
Yes but as a PC gamer who has a more powerful system than the X, I literally have zero reason to get one.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, already invested in a platform that's a lot more flexible and fits my needs, plus I'm not interested in any of the exclusives that I can't get already on Steam/Windows store (though I've yet to buy any of the latter either). On top of that I've got my hands full already with my Switch and nostalgia trip on the SNES classic.

Currygan

Oct 25, 2017
nope, the box still hasn't enough games to interest me and my pc is more than capable of running almost everything on ultra, so

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Maybe? I don't know as of now.

I've got a quite capabale PC that is able to output and play modern titles in 4k, but I do play consoles when I'm in the living room. I've got a Pro and, although the HDR implementation is great, I've been somewhat underwhelmed by the support. That alone is making me hesitant to switch my One for the One X. I'll see once the games start coming out and utilize the extra headroom. And of course the exclusives that Microsoft, hopefully, have in store for us that support the One X

Last edited:

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
As a PC gamer, why would I ever get an XB1X?

Its claim to fame is to play multiplatform games at higher fidelity than other consoles. But my PC already plays them at higher fidelity than XB1X can.

It's the least enticing console proposition available, and I'm not even planning to get the ones which at least have a few exclusives :P

You're still using Microsoft's OS AND they're getting your money anyway.
Huh? Not that I care much which corporation gets my money, but you'll have to explain to me how Microsoft is profiting when I buy games on Steam.

That they don't is the whole reason for the trainwreck that is the Windows store.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone compiled a list of the things it can do that a PC cant? Beyond exclusive games.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
The crazy Xbox S deals are starting to pop up. Bundled system with 1-2 free games lik CoD WWII and AC Origins, and extra controller for $250.

For the PC user that wants to play the couple Xbox exclusives, that seems to be a way more enticing option.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The crazy Xbox S deals are starting to pop up. Bundled system with 1-2 free games lik CoD WWII and AC Origins, and extra controller for $250.

For the PC user that wants to play the couple Xbox exclusives, that seems to be a way more enticing option.
That's the exact boat I'm in. I want a uhd player and the cost for the xbx is acceptable to me, but there are going to be some insane deals on the s so maybe I should settle for the s

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
My gaming PC is better than the Xbox One X. Also big Xbox games are now on PC too. I do have switch though.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, at least the Pro can play exclusives at higher fidelity than OG PS4. My PC can already play games at higher fidelity than the 1X. Which one is more unnecessary?
But it plays the SAME games as the ps4. And developers taking advantage of the extra power is spotty. And it doesn't have a uhd boy ray player. So again ps4 pro is much more unnecessary, and it's not even close

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
most of the stuff is multiplatform, stuff that isnt - barely worth it.

personally i find it hard for myself to justify owning a console in 2017. it will be a dust collector

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
But it plays the SAME games as the ps4. And developers taking advantage of the extra power is spotty. And it doesn't have a uhd boy ray player. So again ps4 pro is much more unnecessary, and it's not even close

It plays the same games but better. The 1X doesn't play/do anything better than a PC.

Xiyng

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly have no idea why I would. I get most of the games for PC already, I get most of the interesting games available only on consoles for PS4, and I have absolutely no other interest in owning an Xbox console, powerful or not.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No. The only things the XBX can do that my PC can't are:
- Play UHD Blu-rays (thanks to my aged motherboard)
- Get games a little earlier (I'm looking at you, Japanese devs)

Admittedly I had a preorder in, but I cancelled it because it would just ended up as a very expensive UHD Blu-ray player.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Has anyone compiled a list of the things it can do that a PC cant? Beyond exclusive games.
I think that about covers it.

I'm not getting one unless my Xbox One breaks, then I may bite. At this point, my PC gets all of the same games as the Xbox does (thanks MS!), and since my PC is way more powerful than the X1X is, there's really no point.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people make threads where the answer is hilariously self-evident to the point of making the entire thread useless
It's weird, it's almost as bad as "Convince me tyo buy XX" threads. I mean, why and what purpose? All the info you need is out there. Think it's just a way to try and drum up interest of for something. If you have a PC already the Xone X seems redundant? All Xbox games are on Pc anyway,

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It plays the same games but better. The 1X doesn't play/do anything better than a PC.
Yeah some games. As I said support of the increased power by devs is spotty. And again, the ps4 pro does not have a uhd blu ray player. Neither do most pcs so there you go. The xbx plays uhd blurays. Your pc doesn't.

Deschain

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'll be getting one on release day, I buy pretty much all consoles on release.

I know people mention the price a lot but it's not really that expensive when I consider how much use the household will get of it.

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
I was looking over what games are available for it on Amazon.

I looked over 10 pages of games and couldn't find a single one i wanted.

If i ever bought Xbox One X the only use for it would be to play my copies of Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Black.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah some games. As I said support of the increased power by devs is spotty. And again, the ps4 pro does not have a uhd blu ray player. Neither do most pcs so there you go. The xbx plays uhd blurays. Your pc doesn't.
This in silly, just buy a UHD player for the PC is way cheaper than a $500 X1 if that's why you would buy one. X1 and the pro for that matter do nothing a PC doesn;t do, well the Pro has a lot of great exclusives. X1 doesn;t for PC guys. Not to mention UHD is niche it simply is not a factor for most, 4k content is easily available without it.

less

Oct 25, 2017
So far I'm not too ken on the Xbox One X. A PC is still a better option for me when it comes to gaming and the type of things I wish to do with my games.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

My PC does have a UHD player as does my X1S. Therefore the X1X is unnecessary. It's cheaper to get a X1S or a UHD drive for PC than getting the X1X.

Regarding support, pretty safe to assume all upcoming exclusive games are taking advantage of the Pro power.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Lol how do you know what his PC does? Anyone can buy a UHD drive for their PC if they want one.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This in silly, just buy a UHD player for the PC is way cheaper than a $500 X1 if that's why you would buy one. X1 and the pro for that matter do nothing a PC doesn;t do, well the Pro has a lot of great exclusives. X1 doesn;t for PC guys. Not to mention UHD is niche it simply is not a factor for most, 4k content is easily available without it.
Yeah. But it has one. Check the box

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Your agruements are making no sense. You can still take it all back you know.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My PC does have a UHD player as does my X1S. Therefore the X1X is unnecessary. It's cheaper to get a X1S or a UHD drive for PC than getting the X1X.

Regarding support, pretty safe to assume all upcoming exclusive games are taking advantage of the Pro power.
But only slight graphical enhancements. That's why I'm saying the ps4 pro is MORE unnecessary. Xbx will have much bigger improvements

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

List would be awfully short

1. Xbox 360 BC
2. Xbox BC
3. Cheaper games via game share? (this is situational since you would require someone to split them with you, but 50% off digital and gold is nice)
4. Can't really count UHD since, if you really wanted a UHD, you can buy a UHD PC drive =P