• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PC Gamers: What are your console plans atm?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 81 10.3%
  • PS5

Votes: 397 50.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • PC only

Votes: 196 24.9%

• Total voters

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
I hope to eventually buy both because I don't like missing out on exclusives. Driving games are my thing, so I like to have GT and Forza.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Right now? Nothing lol. Just upgraded my PC a few weeks ago instead.

PS5 will be bought at some point when a few exclusives I really want to play come out. Especially if there's exclusive Yakuza Studio games or something. Xbox Series X won't get purchased at all, as I'll just buy the PC version of their games.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I will probably get both at some point, but Microsoft Games (for now) are not that interesting to me, but let's see what they are gonna show this year.

Beatle

Dec 4, 2017
PC atm, I'll give PS5 a look at once two years old, that's the sweet spot for a decent library

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
If Sony gets with the times and offers streaming at something better than 720p, I'll stick with PC. If not then I might get a PS5 at some point.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Sticking to just PC. I actually have a pretty modest build so for me it's not about the power. I really enjoy modding my games and mostly enjoy indie/AA games. Last year I think the only AAA game I played was RE2 remake and the rest were indie games that still haven't launched on consoles. Exclusives don't do much for me, I've tried playing games like the new God of War on my bros PS4 and they're just not for me. I will likely grab a Switch at some point since I do enjoy Nintendo exclusives.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
PC/PS4 has been an amazing combo for me this gen, so i'm upgrading my PC and getting a PS5. Maybe a Switch pro if it materializes. Best of all worlds.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Both XSX and PS5 for me.

I thought I was going to be PC for life (currently running i7-9700K/GTX 1080 Ti), but after almost 3 years in the professional realm as an accountant, I just have no desire to play on PC any more. None. It's gone. I work on one all day typing and spreadsheeting and SAP-ing and when I get home, it feels like using my PC is just an extension of work.

The last PC game I put any time into was The Witcher 3, about 240 hours. Once 2017 hit, I bought a PS4 Pro with Horizon, Uncharted 4, etc. and that's where all my playtime since then has been.

Occasionally, I'll fire up Minecraft JE with some shaders mods. I'm especially mad at myself because I found a BRAND NEW 1080 TI and paid $650 for it back in June 2019 thinking that would rekindle my fire for PC gaming. Nope.

So I'm done trying. Consoles to play a few Xbox and PlayStation games.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I'm just going to upgrade my PC to keep up, since I use it for design work anyway. The exclusives will be picked up by my friends, so I'll get to play them eventually. Only console I'm really holding up is Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
My plan currently is to be on PC only. I will get a console if Sony or MS announces that they will no longer have online access behind a subscription.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking with PC for the foreseeable future. My interest in Xbox is pretty much just for BC titles, Rare Replay, and Rock Band, while Sony offers even less to incentivize me personally.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely get a PS5 for exclusives.

Probably won't get a Series X as of now. With games like Gears 5 and Halo making their way to PC (and Game Pass already having a decent selection on PC) I don't really feel the need for one.

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
Currently there's nothing particularly pushing me towards either of them since they haven't been properly unveiled yet but I'm leaning towards a PS5 simply because I've got a library of PS4 games and I'm looking forward to playing them without a jet engine blasting off in the background. Assuming the PS5 isn't as much of an engineering disaster as the Pro of course.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
First plan is a 3080 ti for finally 4k/60fps
Second plan is a PS5 but I'm not sure at launch.Only way to get at launch is DS Remake or Horizon 2

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
You should add an option for people who are considering abandoning hardware all together to go all-in on streaming. I'm seriously thinking about it for next gen.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
PS5 for exclusives and the rest I'll play on my pc since all the first party Microsoft stuff will be there anyways. Microsoft just wants you in their ecosystem now, they don't need to sell you on their hardware.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I get the feeling both will be $500+ at launch, so leaning towards sticking with my PC for now. Until I know about pricing and exclusives it's impossible to say. I do have PC gamepass already though, so I have zero need to ever get a series X.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both. I like having a console hooked up to the TV to play most games (assuming they run well), and will PC-centric games sitting at my desk if I have to for stuff like Total Warhammer and etc. Excited to get both a Series X and a PS5.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I will buy both, but I want PS5 first for the exclusive games. I will get an Xbox Series X as well due to the continued compatibility with older software, but that one can technically wait.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
PS5 for Sony first party and the Japanese stuff that doesn't get to PC or does so years later. I'll probably end up getting both because I also just sort of miss being lazy and gaming at my couch and PC game pass aint all that great and I've got years of Ultimate stores up lol

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I'll be there day 1 for all of the consoles.

PC is now my main platform since I loved it into the lounge, but PS4/5 & Switch for exclusives and Xbox for Bedroom and dining/games room.

Oct 28, 2017
The same reason I still have current consoles. I need controller support so when a pc game launches without it, I can't play it comfortably.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Just PS5 for the exclusives, this will be the last generation where I had all 3 consoles. Even with the PS5 I'll probably end up with just 5-10 games all generation since I'll have to be extra picky.

It's awesome not missing out on anything but I just do not have the time anymore for that many games, and considering we'll probably want to start a family around mid-gen (Oh god) I'll have even LESS time. PC gets about 95% of my playtime, so I just can't justify all that excessiveness anymore.

Growing up sucks.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Making a good PC would cost me an arm & a leg. That plus I need an easy way into playing future fighting games (Capcom or otherwise).

MBABuddha

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
I skipped this PlayStation gen for the PC so it's going to be nice to buy a PS5 and have a bunch of quality first-party PS4 titles that my wife and I can immediately try out.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 for exclusives and games with fun trophy lists.

Xbox's PC support encourages me to keep my PC in fighting shape, but not to buy their hardware.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Getting older and want to focus on one platform and I'm tired of the multiple clients and also the troubleshooting I have to do when some unknown error occurs. I'll still keep my PC around for the occasional MS exclusive but I'll be team PS5 for 95% of my next gen library.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Playstation exclusives, Gamepass on Xbox and my extensive digital collections that should be BC (or at least mostly so) on both. Plus my gaming PC starting to show its age. It's still quite capable but will probably be less so than the new consoles. I'd rather sell my PS4 and XB1, put that money towards the new consoles, and wait a couple years for newer, cheaper, more capable PC hardware that can easily out perform the consoles than spend a ton of money to rebuild my PC right now.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 for the exclusives. I'll be upgrading my PC at some point next year to play whatever interests me on Xbox. I'd buy an Xbox if it had exclusives though.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Now if The Last Guardian gets a Shadow of the Colossus class Bluepoint remake (which it not only absolutely deserves but sorely needs!), that might persuade me to get a PS5.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The reason to own a console is the exclusive games, and I'm going with Sony. Got my PC for the rest.

Oct 25, 2017
I am not buying one until an exclusive I want comes out.

I'd be happy if I never had to buy a PS5 or Xbox2, maybe I won't.

I am happy with PC/Nintendo stuff.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
This is more relevant to me last generation (I was a PC primarily gamer and became more balanced this generation), but for me the difference was having disposable income for a Switch/PS4 and those consoles having exclusives I HAD TO HAVE. I needed Bloodborne, RDR2, God of War, Breath of the Wild, Three Houses.......... so why not get them. I actually play more on my PS4 than anything else nowadays.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
PC will remain as primary gaming platform, but I might upgrade living room X1X to XSX just for QoL improvements like faster boot and loading.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Probably disingenuous to call myself a PC gamer when I only jumped back into PC gaming recently. I'm getting both but if it was one, it would be Xbox due to Game Pass Ultimate. GPU creates a nice synergy between the two platforms for those gamers who prefer playing certain types of games on PC and others on consoles.

MrChillaxx

Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Can't see any reason other than PS5 (and eventually a new Nintendo console/refresh) exclusive games

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I'd get a PS5 later down the road if everything that you get for free on steam and in the PC ecosystem was free in the PS ecosystem. So I simply can't get into consoles however I may a portable console like the switch down the road.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Primarily a PC gamer but one way or another I will wind up getting all of them. The PS5 will be first though.