• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PC Gamers: What are your console plans atm?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 81 10.3%
  • PS5

Votes: 397 50.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • PC only

Votes: 196 24.9%

• Total voters

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't bother, but if I do it'll be the PS5 for exclusives, unless they come to PS Now or whatever streaming thing is there at the time.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I bought a PS4 when Bloodborne came out last gen and then played 2 or 3 other games on it. but my taste switched, so games like UC and TLOU etc don't really interest me anymore. so no need for a console.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I'm getting both for sure as well as playing less and less pc games. I'm sorry but the fragmentation of the stores is a huge pain for me. It's not just about launchers.

there is hope now however that EA and MS seem to be going to steam.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
For the first time ever I don't think I'm all that interested in any of the new consoles. If the PS5 does turn out to be fully backwards compatible all the way back to PS1 then I might bite. I'll almost definitely get one when Spider-Man 2 comes out, that's the only full exclusive I'm interested in right now.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I keep changing my mind about this more often than my undies. But it really is just folly for me to get the Xbox Series X. My PC will continue to play all those games and I have a reasonably big (~500 games in Steam library) that I'd lose access to if I ditched my PC. I also already have a big PS4 library so my heart says get both next-gen consoles but my head (and wallet) says I should stick with the PS+PC combo which has served me well this gen. I will feel a bit miffed if the XSX eats PS5 for breakfast but I'm sure I cope with it at the end of the day. I did remark about getting a Mac but that's realistically unlikely with the prices Apple charge.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Exclusives (Sony) and shitty Canadian GPU prices would be my main reasons i'll be picking up a PS5. My tv I game on is 60hz for 1080p/4k but only supports 30hz for 1440p. So if I were to upgrade from my 2060/ryzen 2600x combo, it'd have to be something like a 2080 or higher for it to be worthwhile which would run me at least $900, not to mention a better cpu which is another $300-$400.

As I'm assuming the PS5 won't be more then $600-$700 total, it's the smarter decision for my current financial situation.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first console generation ever where I'm ended it with fewer consoles than when it started. I bought all the big players, but all I've kept is the switch. I have my main PC hooked up to the living room TV and it defaults to steam big picture mode, and I've spent more time on my PC than I have in years. That's unlikely to change going forward, I'd rather just put the money into a bigger SSD and whatever graphics tech is out next year.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I plan on upgrading to Zen 3 and a GTX 3070 in the next year or so. I'm undecided on the console front. I'll likely stick with Xbox since I'm a fan of game pass but if MS doesn't announce any console VR plans and Sony puts out an HMD that is also compatible with PC then I can be swayed. I'll likely wait a year after the consoles launch to decide.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
PC only for the first time. I have more PC/Microsoft exclusives wishlisted coming out in 2020 than Sony exclusives I've played in all four generations.

Last edited:

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I always get all the consoles at some point for their exclusives, but I usually wait a year or two to get them. I usually wait for the first price drop or revision to buy.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'm not yet aware of anything that makes the XBox a particularly strong sell for me, but if the rumors of full BC on PS5 are true I might actually get myself one.