• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PC Gamers: What are your console plans atm?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 81 10.3%
  • PS5

Votes: 397 50.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • PC only

Votes: 196 24.9%

• Total voters

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm mainly been a PC gamers since the start of last gen, but I honestly miss the simplicity of console gaming and games are getting to the point where they look "good enough" next gen.

Suckered into gamepass and I bought the Elite v2 controller so I'm heavily leaning towards picking up an Xbox SX. Are you picking one of the consoles or are you going PC only for now?

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Both : PS5 for the Playstation IP and Series X to play game pass in the living room and third party games with the best fidelity (if the Series X is indeed better than PS5 on that matter)

Civzy

Mar 21, 2019
I have a One X because (in vanity) graphics ultimately do matter to me. I did get a refurbished one about a year after they came out though so budget also matters. I have no interest in Lockhart if it's the gimp version. If the two are released at a similar price point I'll go for the better looking one graphically*. If one is cheaper but both look leaps and bounds past the One X I'll likely get that one and then save for the other for purchase down the line. I don't really subscribe to any of the pricing rumors and will just wait to hear what they are then make my choice. Ultimately I'll have both in the end.

Last edited:

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Exclusives and backwards compatibility.

Regarding back compat, if I can record more than one system with a single console then it's happy days for me.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
PS5 for first party games, and PC w/Games Pass for everything else. Microsoft really knocked it out of the park with Games Pass.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox at first because their ecosystem between console and PC vibes with me

I'll get a PS5 once like, Spiderman 2 or something comes out.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Xbox Series X sounds powerful enough for playing upcoming games in good quality with fast loading times, so there`s no need to uprade my PC in the next years. And with games pass I get instant access to Microsoft`s exclusives. So Xbox is the best deal for me.

May 15, 2019
The Yakuza games were the only thing I played on my PS4, and I think I can deal with just waiting for them to come to PC now that Kiryu's story is over.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
XSX because of Game Pass. I'd love to continue to play on PC but I don't have the budget to upgrade as I'd have to change pretty much everything except the case and PSU lol.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I am playing this cautiously. I am only buying a PS5 at launch if it has good exclusives, otherwise I will be updating my PC since I know for sure I can play my backlog with better frames and also enjoy most games going forward.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Nothing yet. Hopefully Microsoft continues their pro-PC moves and I can happily buy them there. Sony would just need to produce more than a couple exclusives that I'd really like to play to get me interested there.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I love PC gaming in my office
I love using my Xbox for multiplat games and gaming with my buddies
I love using my PS4 for those incredible first-party games
I love using my Switch for those incredible first-party games and gaming on the go

I'll be gettin' them all again next gen.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Sticking with PC for now (next 2-3 years at least)

Given the promise of back compat, if my life circumstances change and I need a TV and a media box, then at that point I'll consider a PS5, purely for the single-player 1st party exclusives.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
PS5 for the exclusives I never played on PS4 (God of War, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Last of Us 2 if I don't end up playing it at launch) and of course the exclusives that will be on PS5. Although I'm hoping for a Bloodborne Remaster on either platform that adds 60 fps tbh.

I may get the PC game pass at certain times in the future in order to play some Microsoft games that don't end up on Steam.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Only PS5 exclusives, current PC is more than likely better than whatever the XSX will end up at so i'll just play Xbox games on my PC.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I already have an Xbox within my PC in terms of exclusives, and I've owned Playstation consoles for as long as I can remember, so I'm in it for PS5 and its exclusives.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Sticking with PC only for now.

I already have more games than I can play on PC, and there are Japanese games coming out on it all the time now. All the xbox games are on there too (and I have a rig that will probably best the new consoles.)

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neither. Sony has had a few interesting exclusives this gen, but not enough to warrant a console purchase. And with games getting bigger and harder to develop, I don't think they'll be able to meaningfully increase output next gen.

Plus, they're starting to maybe toy with the idea of allowing their games on PC - Death Stranding is a big one. We'll have to see how this plays out down the road.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Maybe PS5, but only late in the console generation, once I can get one for cheap. Sony's exclusives aren't good enough to justify a $400+ unit. Most of them this gen have been more impressive than enjoyable.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox first because of Game Pass and I'm already deeply invested in the ecosystem. Not sure i"ll get it at launch or wait a little bit - don't have a 4K TV yet so not sure how much I'll benefit from the upgrade.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has basically no first party exclusives that interest me that they haven't killed off.

Anything from Microsoft I care about is on PC, which is mostly just AOE.

Practically every third party game I'm interested in now releases on PC, even if the port is late.

Not much reason to spend hundreds of dollars on a console. I'll be PC/Switch for the foreseeable future.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I built a PC last year and it's been such a game changer for me that I don't think I'm going to buy another console in the future.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
PS5 will have exclusives. I can play any of the XSX games I'm interested in PC, so no need to buy one.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Series X at launch, PS5 later.

I like the Play Anywhere initiative, and being in the Xbox ecosystem on PC and console. I'll be moving the One X to another room, XSX in the living room to the OLED, and PC where it's at now.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Not an interesting answer, but PS5 and Switch for Exclusives.

I might just pick up an Xbox to mess around with it even though I don't really have a good reason to get one.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Sony exclusives

Gran Turismo would normally be enough to buy a system but GT Sport leaves me cold. I've tried to go back last month. Hopefully GT on PS5 is better. GT5P and GT5 I enjoyed immensely.

I'm not expecting top games from Sony though or at least it will take a while probably. I bought the Pro and skipped base PS4 due to how long it took GT Sport and a handful of games to be interesting. GT Sport came 4 years in PS4's lifecycle..

PS3 was fantastic with Uncharted series and GT5p and GT5. I got really into it with Heavenly Sword and Killzone 2 and others. PS4 was quite a non event for me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'll get a PS5 on day one.

I'm also getting a pretty decent PC this year, which is more for work purposes, but it'll be able to run the latest games.

Due to the above, I don't think there is any point getting the X, not if all MS exclusive games also come out on PC. MS are still getting some money from me, so they're not going to really care if I buy the console or not.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Nothing at launch but when there are enough PS5 exclusives I'll probably bite. Having a UHD blu-ray player is a plus as well. I think highly of the Xbox brand but I see no reason to buy an Xbox when I have a PC and they are doing the Play Anywhere initiative.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
There's always a few key things I can only get on console. Having said that, I could probably live without it but my better half strongly prefers to use the PlayStation.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eventually PS5 is gonna get God of War 2, Bluepoint Demons Souls, and PSVR2 Half Life Alyx and I'm just gonna have to buy it. In like 2021 or 2022 or some shit. Everything Xbox is on PC so who cares about that. This year I'll probably let the dust settle a bit and upgrade my PC first and foremost.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I feel I'm ready for a break from console gaming so PC only probably. That was my plan last generation and while I ended up getting both PS4 and XO (a year in) I didn't get that many games for either. Only about a dozen across both systems.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I played Jedi Fallen order on PC and it looked and ran great. I just missed the whole plug and play aspect of consoles though. Like every PC game I open up and have to spend at least an hour going through the settings and optimizing for my set up.Otherwise I'll agonize over how the game looks. I'm purchasing a Series X since I mostly game on my Xbox anyway.

I'll still get PC exclusives/not on xbox and game on my PC when appropriate: Gears tactics, Death Stranding

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
I'll probably get both eventually, because I've always grabbed all the consoles. But to start out, I'll probably only get a PS5 once a few notable exclusives come out.

This generation, I feel less compelled to rush into the launch and I have a little more patience to wait it out.

For the poll, I put PC only because no exclusives have been announced that could pull me into a purchase.