• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
VErGgR1.gif

December already, huh? Gotta say this year has been a blast for PC gaming, and 2019 is looking to be equally amazing. While there aren't many releases in the month of December itself, the few releasing are worth looking into, so see what may catch your interest.
Expect a few more Highlight threads in coming weeks of December ;)

If you want to discuss or have any questions regarding PC gaming, please take note of these handy discussion threads!
PC Builders Thread
Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread
Resetera SteamERA Group[/B]

November saw the fortunate release of more LucasArts classics on Steam, so if there any you hadn't picked up before, wishlist them to grab them in the near future.
Now first up are some games got some notable updates-
Game Tengoku gets its English localization update on Nov. 30th, so if the lack of English language had you hold off on the game, consider grabbing it soon

The final episode of The Council releases this December, so this'd be a good time to play it if you've been waiting for all episodes to release

Katamari Damacy Reroll
Path of Exile: Betrayal update
Alien Filed 3671
Flashback 2018 re-release
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is also available on GOG.com

Durante approved games

Strategy & Turn-based tactics style

Action

Adventure

Puzzle

RPG

Platformers

Virtual Reality

Visual Novel

Shooter

Shoot'em-up

Horror

Card game

Stealth

Racing

Fighting

Rogue-like & Rogue-lite

Management, Simulation & (City) Building

LucasArts Classics

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stellaris: Megacorp - get

X4: Foundations - how broken is the game going to be?

Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - hmmmmmm, do we have ResetEra impressions for this game?

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I should mention: Any releases not mentioned here, feel free to list them and I'll have them in the January Highlight thread. Not in the mood to further edit this current list :V

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yo Tizoc Thea 2: The Shattering is mostly a strategy game, it is a 4X like Civilization more than anything. It has RPG elements but I think the strategy aspect is a lot more prominent.

Good thread, though. So many strategy games and expansions! I love it.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yo Tizoc Thea 2: The Shattering is mostly a strategy game, it is a 4X like Civilization more than anything. It has RPG elements but I think the strategy aspect is a lot more prominent.

Good thread, though. So many strategy games and expansions! I love it.
Oh thanks, this I can fix up quick, thanks.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really hope those Atelier remasters are sensibly priced but it's Koei Tecmo so it wouldn't surprise me if they were like 70€ each.
Virgo Vs The Zodiac looks super good. But it has a release date of August 2019 on the store page, did you mix something up (it does show "Coming Soon", so perhaps December was a placeholder date?)
Very interested in Edge of Eternity too. It looks extremely ambitious.
Have heard good things about Neon.Code in the main thread too.
So many things, so little time.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Man I really hope those Atelier remasters are sensibly priced but it's Koei Tecmo so it wouldn't surprise me if they were like 70€ each.
Virgo Vs The Zodiac looks super good. But it has a release date of August 2019 on the store page, did you mix something up (it does show "Coming Soon", so perhaps December was a placeholder date?)
Very interested in Edge of Eternity too. It looks extremely ambitious.
Have heard good things about Neon.Code in the main thread too.
So many things, so little time.
Ah seems the release date was updated.
Well at the very least more people will know of it as a primary purpose of these threads to bring awareness to titles even if they get delayed ;P

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Great thread as always.
I hope the Atelier ports turn out well and are sensibly priced, Totori is my favourite game in the franchise and I'd love for more people to play it.

That's a lot of Atelier games. Where's Durante?
I was taking a bath. No, seriously.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Great thread as always.
I hope the Atelier ports turn out well and are sensibly priced, Totori is my favourite game in the franchise and I'd love for more people to play it.

I was taking a bath. No, seriously.
A bath? Didn't know you were so lady-like :p

Thanks for the thread Tizoc. Awesome as always.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I'll be there day 1 for Gris. The art looks absolutely stunning. Hyped for it!

Also, thanks again for the amazing thread Tizoc . Your upcoming PC games threads are some of my favourites.

Kirie

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a few indies on there I'm looking forward to picking up next month. I have a couple of friends in particular who are raving about Equilinox, so that's probably the first thing I'll be picking up on payday. I'm also super excited to try my first Atelier game!

Thanks for the wonderful thread Tizoc! These monthly threads are some of my favorites on the forum :D

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Also yes I did post this as well to the PC building thread which is still active but I thought about asking for help here as well since I might get some more "insight" in this thread

So I am now planning to upgrade my Mobo and my CPU and also my PSU. So I have a budget of $400USD, I guess it's really something closer to $500 USD, but some of that is going to the PSU. As is, I currently have an AMD FX-8320 (OC 4.0GHz) CPU, a EVGA GTX 1070 TI SC (which I have overclocked to 2.0GHz), dual channel 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3 G Skill Rip Jaws X RAM, Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS Motherboard, cooler master hyper 212 evo, Corsair CX500M PSU, I have a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo (which has now written over 25TB worth of data) as my boot drive, I also have a WB 2 TB Blue Drive, and a 700GB Hitachi HDD (7200RPM), all of this is inside of a NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White

Also I use to have an EVGA GTX 660 SC and just recently upgraded to a 1070 Ti, I was mainly doing 40-60fps on a lot of more newer games on medium to high settings at 1360x768. I am also ordered an Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU bmiprz 27" 16:9 IPS Monitor which I am going to do a lot of 1440p gaming. In a "perfect world" my goal would be 1440p at 100+fps and on "high settings" I want to crank those AA options as high as possible. Any suggestions?? By the way for those wondering I built this back in 2014 and even though the parts that I have are mainly from 2012 they have held their own all these years later.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Incredible Mandy seems like a game I could be into. It has a demo too so maybe I'll give that a go.
The Enigma Machine appears interesting.
I saw some Giant Bomb folks play a little bit of Daemon_9 during their extra life stream and I think I want that game.

Thanks for the thread Tizoc.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good month (or Novemeber's end rather) for DLC (especially for strategy games) for me, but not a ton of stuff I'll be buying new game wise I think.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
So many good looking games to add to wishlist and that I'll never play (except maybe Just Cause 4, but I'm still not sure about this one), thanks for your work!

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So many good looking games to add to wishlist and that I'll never play (except maybe Just Cause 4, but I'm still not sure about this one), thanks for your work!
Well the 'One man did all this?!' trailer sold me on it. Plus you get to do crazy explosions and shit in it so that really sells me on the game. If I'm not getting it day 1, I'm waiting for it to go on sale during December.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Well the 'One man did all this?!' trailer sold me on it. Plus you get to do crazy explosions and shit in it so that really sells me on the game. If I'm not getting it day 1, I'm waiting for it to go on sale during December.
Same, it looks interesting but I have too many games that I play right now and simply won't be able to play JC4 right away, so I'm gonna wait for sale and first patches.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the great thread as always, Tizoc.

I am not going to pick up any December releases on day 1, but there are certainly many interesting games come out lately. Mutant Year Zero is the one I am tempted to play sooner than others.