• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
H1atGCq.png

These Highlight threads aim to bring to light the various releases of the current month and any prior released titles that may have flown under the radar. The titles listed here vary from DLC/Expansions, to titles entering or leaving Early Access, as well as indie games.
These titles are listed as per their genre, so you can do a simple search for a basic genre term to find specific games that'd interest you

If there were any mistakes in the list, please let me know to fix it, but any titles not mentioned in the thread would be added to the next Highlight thread at the least.
Do consider wishlisting games that'd be of interest to you so you could pick them up in the future!

If you want to discuss or have any questions regarding PC gaming, please take note of these handy discussion threads!
PC Builders Thread
Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread
Resetera SteamERA Group

First up are releases that don't have a Steam page/release, are getting a notably major update, or are available on other platforms. Demos and notable fan mods would also be listed here as well
Control is available on EGS
Hello Neighbor is making its early Alpha builds available
Madden 2020 is now available on Origin
Worms WMD received a new update
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Crumble gets a demo on Steam
Tetris Effect on Epic Game Store
Fallout New California mod got an update
Supraland is now available on GOG
Leo the Lion is now available on GOG
This War of Mine: Stories- Fading Embers
Sea of Solitude is available on Origin
New update for Wreckfest
Ancestors releases on EGS
Arctic Living Update for Subnautica BZ

Last edited:

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
All about that Planetfall. Been looking forward to it since announcement.

Hoping they've refined the flow and balance of the previous game which was good but favoured some rather boring strategies.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I´m getting A short Hike, it has been on my wishlist for a while. I love the art in the game. Maybe i´ll get Oninaki.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Ancestors was Epic exclusive. I was looking forward to that, but never mind then. Ion Fury is a must buy to me, assuming controller support is good and will try Bard's Tale IV: DC on Game Pass and keep an eye on Remnant From the Ashes and Sydney Hunter.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Jupiter Hell and Iron Maiden Fury.

Tried demos for both (pre-release custom build for the latter) and was insta-sold.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Age of Empires: DE comes to Steam this month, they said Summer I believe.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Darq looks good, the more impressive thing about it is that it was made by a composer who quit his job to learn game design, and created the game in 3.5 years from that date . . . apparently 95% of the work done on it was by him. Totally not my type of game, but that's inspiring.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot Control is out soon too. pswii60 right on the money. Looking forward to age of wonders planet fall. My kind of game.

Jun 14, 2019
Is that the multiplayer monster killing one? Looks really cool if it's what I'm thinking of lol

It looks like the Dark Souls of third person shooters.

its a heavy mix of dark souls and destiny and division, for loot it does things alot better than destiny and co, in that most items you find in other games would feel like a legendary or unique, most weapons or gear will have game changing stuff like making a gun fire differently or such.

for the dark souls stuff its intresting it has a save/checkpoint system in that when you die you go back to this spot, but instead of losing souls(it doesnt have that system) instead monster types will be different and their placements will be different, so say before you died their was a demon tree after death and that same location of death it could be no monster their or some other enemy type instead.

the game has a procedual generation in that dungeons maps zones bosses monster placements is ever changing in one playthrough u might vs a demon boss tree at end of zone where as next playthrough it could be a demon wasp thingie.

it has over 20 bosses 100 monster types and ther eis also up to 3 player co op

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for Dicey Dungeons. Legitimately one of my most anticipated 2019 releases. Terry Cavanaugh has such a good feeling for fun design. Crazy talented guy.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
Great thread as always. Good work.

Phantom Rose and Minoria will also be releasing this month, perhaps you would like to add them to the list.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
There are certainly a lot of interesting games in July-August. I will be getting Metalwolf and already got Undertail expansion. Added (and already had) quote a few titles to the wishlist.

Planetfall looks interesting, but it's under Paradox now, so I will wait for reviews, some patches and proabably see their DLC strategy first.

Oh, and Earth Defense Force 5 is coming out at full $60, months after console release. That's certainly bold move right there. I can wait.

Edit: Bards Tale IV is on GamePass. That's pretty cool. Will try it out and see if it's worth a purchase.

Last edited: