• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got Supraland from that GMG deal. I hope combat won't be a big thing in this game because it doesn't leave a good first impression.

Apart from that it seems pretty cool so far.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for the global version of Lost Ark. Played the korean one for like 400-500 hours and enjoyed it a lot.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Gosh I'd kill for a new good MMO.
i'm hoping crowfall is good. kinda afraid it's going to vanish overnight given how long development has been, though. 4 years and still in prealpha.

for anyone unaware, it's kinda like daoc, i think. though i'm into it because it reminds me of shadowbane.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
i'm hoping crowfall is good. kinda afraid it's going to vanish overnight given how long development has been, though. 4 years and still in prealpha.

for anyone unaware, it's kinda like daoc, i think. though i'm into it because it reminds me of shadowbane.
I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I miss the UO and EQ days quite a bit :\

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
I have a hard time believing that they are delivering a steam key for Rage 2 instead of a Bethesda key. To those who are interested and want a steam key, be careful.
I felt the same so I got in touch with their customer support to ask and they've assured me they are definitely Steam keys.

Taken a screenshot of the page just in case I need to ask for a refund in a few weeks though!

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I have a hard time believing that they are delivering a steam key for Rage 2 instead of a Bethesda key. To those who are interested and want a steam key, be careful.
They have Wolfenstein Youngblood listed as steam keys. Weren't physical copies supposed to be Bethesda Launcher keys?

We probably will know once it's launch time but they're customer support is pretty good and refunded me quickly in the past.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Browsing humble bundle I see Dying Light Enhanced Edition is $15. Despite not being a big fan of Dead Island is it worth picking up ?

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
definitely. it's better than di in every way.

i didn't like di at all, but had a blast with dl. the parkour stuff makes it work.

I do like Mirrors Edge which is a reason I was interested in Dying Light.

Are the story/characters any better in Dying Light ? Dead Island was definitely lacky in both departments

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I do like Mirrors Edge which is a reason I was interested in Dying Light.

Are the story/characters any better in Dying Light ? Dead Island was definitely lacky in both departments
it tries, but not really. it wants to have some interesting characters and good plot beats but doesn't pull it off. it's generally goofy, but you do get charmed by its weird style.

kyle crane is a fun protagonist

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It feels like constantly being gaslit with regards to that World War Z streaming numbers thread. People just don't get it.

Also, another positive impression for Supraland. It's crazy how rapid the progression is at the start. Within 30 minutes I was running at 2x speed and triple jumping. I'm excited to see more of the powers.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
i really hope dl2 is better written. it sounds like they have grand ambitions, but i got the same vibe from dl1...

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Bringing Chris Avellone out on stage at E3 got me interested in what they are trying to do. If they manage to pull it off I'd certainly check out the sequel

He isn't a magical cure all, especially if he isn't the lead writer that pulls the entire narrative together.

He has been touted on some games where he ended up just doing some side stories.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For people worried about the combat in Supraland... with upgrades it becomes really easy. Even that one fight mainly consisted of a puzzle first, fight second.

Keep moving, make use of all damage dealing abilities, etc.

V Not *too* spoilerly V
Combo shot is your main damage dealer when you get it.
Spamming the sword still works (it can get CRAZY fast with upgrades). Especially in cases with shields.
Once you get orb shooting gun it does MASSIVE damage despite seemingly being a utility power. When I got TWO double damage upgrades for it I tried attacking it with it and it ONE SHOTS all normal enemies.
There was supposedly difficult boss battle near the end of the game that I totally demolished with that gun. Rattle Hag was harder because I didn't have the orbs yet.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Got Supraland from that GMG deal. I hope combat won't be a big thing in this game because it doesn't leave a good first impression.

Apart from that it seems pretty cool so far.
I was tempted by that deal, I played the first hour in the demo and the sword play I found so frustrating that I decided not to buy it
How come I always get my best download speeds from Steam?

Secret sauce?
Yeah same here, I think it is due to the fact they have data centers all over the place I don't think anyone else has that kind of infrastructure for gamestores but yeah I can tap out my 300mbs connection on steam every time whereas not a single other game service even comes close.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As far as game stores are concerned the only one perfoming better than Steam is Origin for me. The other either perform the same or worse.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I still like Elder Scrolls Online. There's loads of content, even in the base game. Lots of lore, great music, and good voice acting from some of the main story principles too.
Such a great game. Love MMOs that accommodate solo players.
I was tempted by that deal, I played the first hour in the demo and the sword play I found so frustrating that I decided not to buy it

Yeah same here, I think it is due to the fact they have data centers all over the place I don't think anyone else has that kind of infrastructure for gamestores but yeah I can tap out my 300mbs connection on steam every time whereas not a single other game service even comes close.
Good shout actually, I think they have a data center about 50~100 ish miles from me, so that likely helps.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Quick technical question: I have 2080ti - is it possible to set a locked resolution on the GPU that all games will then (up)scale to regardless of their own resolution setting? My HDMI extender only likes certain resolutions and colour ranges and when games change the resolution it seems to break it. So if I could set a resolution for everything to scale to (like how consoles work) then that would solve my issue.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Combat in Supraland never really gets good per say, but it does get a lot better. You get lots more options, speed increases, damage increases, AOE abilities etc.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah Supraland's combat isn't all that, but it works I daresay.
One thing I'd REALLY like them to change is the chime that plays when enemies notice you.
That ding is some 'jump scare' shit, switch it to something funky like a short trumpet tune it'd be much better. Also a radar would be nice to have to know where enemies are.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So, last two discovery queues I have made have been loaded with games launching this month. Can anyone who hasnt done that many see if that is because I went through already popular previous games or because they added more recently weight?

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how Dying Light got hit with the "poorly written" meme considering that it's an open-world action game where you encounter story elements so infrequently that it doesn't matter, and that there are plenty of other poorly written games -especially in that genre- that get a pass.

For instance, the writing in Supraland is horrendous. Put aside that it could be due to translation issues, the plot of revenge from one king on another for marrying his crush, and the weird Jesus figure, and the fart monster, I mean, I don't even feel the need to spoiler tag it it's such a mess. You can argue that the whole game is in the mind of the young boy depicted at the beginning, meaning the plot is purposely juvenile, but that's an explanation, it doesn't make the plot compelling.

Of course, critise the writing in Dying Light, but it's not any worse than any given Ubisoft open-world game.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
This is so amazing. I am not even cherry-picking the best generated reviews. This OpenAI tool just works.
I hate Artifact so I know it's not for me) but I'm fine with buying the game, the mechanics are very good and it gives me a lot of satisfaction. I don't mind the microtransaction at all. The only problem is I'm not interested in playing that much anymore (besides Hearthstone where I started) and the progression seems a bit too steep. That's not to say I'm not interested, it's just not possible to become a daily player with the casual and the draft modes combined. I'm very interested in playing the expert modes and doing constructed, if that's your thing I'd probably consider it.
I hate Artifact, this game is literally pay 2 win and pay 2 lose. The only way to get new cards is to buy them at the shop. You cannot earn cards by playing the game. I am a computer player, I achieved a lot with computer games. I love the game. I played it a lot. I don't like it. Why? It's not fun. I'm not going to argue. The game is very simple, but I have spent a good amount of money on it, so it's not fun at all.
I love Artifact, so I bought it. I can't talk about the monetization, there is no way to earn cards for free. I don't want to take the time to talk about the other aspects of the game, like what cards you can get, what sort of decks you can play, and how things like hero spawns work. Please don't buy this game, it's not worth it at the moment. I've made more money from phantom draft than I would buying packs in Hearthstone. The price of the game is too expensive for my taste. I can't refund it, it's not worth it.
I love Artifact, I love its gameplay and I love its lore. But I also really love the monetization. I paid $15 and got Artifact for the first time, and it doesn't even cost that much to play competitively. I also got to actually buy cards that are worth more than the price of a pack, and it's not even gambling between packs! And there's the business model. You can buy cards, sell them, trade them. It's really quite cool. And the lore. It's really nice. I love the lore of Dota 2. It's deep and complex and I love it. But I love the fact that you can buy cards from other players. And the fact that you can trade them at will. The only way to get cards is by buying them. So this is the first TCG I've ever played (and a really good one at that), but Valve has really outdone them. They've really polished it up and I really like it. They have a free draft mode which is pretty cool. They have free tournaments which are really fun. They have free hero emote and they changed it from a very powerful card, so you can play them in the free modes which are really fun.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
after purchasing all the neptunia stuff my activity feed on Steam is a work of art:

p6fUm75.png

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any open world games where you can casually explore and be rewarded with neat events and good loot that also have excellent action combat?

I'm trying to find an open world/wide-linear RPG action type atm that I can get lost exploring in, but either the combat in the games I look at seems lacklustre, or the exploration is described as a bit shallow.

I made a thread recently asking for recommendations, noting that Metro Exodus was one of the games I was interested in, but no one replied recommending it.

I've read that the exploration is a bit shallow and the open world parts a little empty, is this true? That's the main thing holding back my purchase atm.

I loved Elex's environments, but the combat was such a huge drag.

I don't think the game I'm after exists yet...

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
What's the state of buying games from other regions on Steam nowadays?

For example Total War Warhammer 2 is super cheap on CDKeys but it's a EU key (I'm in Canada).

Edit: Haha, didn't even notice the previous post

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any open world games where you can casually explore and be rewarded with neat events and good loot that also have excellent action combat?

I'm trying to find an open world/wide-linear RPG action type atm that I can get lost exploring in, but either the combat in the games I look at seems lacklustre, or the exploration is described as a bit shallow.

I made a thread recently asking for recommendations, noting that Metro Exodus was one of the games I was interested in, but no one replied recommending it.

I've read that the exploration is a bit shallow and the open world parts a little empty, is this true? That's the main thing holding back my purchase atm.

Outward had some hype of being an open world game with actual decisions and nice events. Havent played it though.

It is quite hardcore though.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Finally bought Total War: Warhammer II it's on CDkeys Easter Sale for £11.99
I got it for 2ish pounds via a retail copy here. I had to check with the shop that it was indeed 2 Pounds and they confirmed it XP
Gonna see if any collectors would want to buy this for cheap off of me on ebay :V

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
total warhammer 2 is like a new, even better game since the last patch. the map feels a lot more active now that the ai's been re-tuned.

and the skaven, man. they turned one of the worst-conceptualised factions into the game's most unique, and it's hella fun. you actually do intrigue and have a whole meta-management layer now! it is SO cool.

ca's support for total waaagh has been amazing.
I have no idea how Dying Light got hit with the "poorly written" meme considering that it's an open-world action game where you encounter story elements so infrequently that it doesn't matter, and that there are plenty of other poorly written games -especially in that genre- that get a pass.

For instance, the writing in Supraland is horrendous. Put aside that it could be due to translation issues, the plot of revenge from one king on another for marrying his crush, and the weird Jesus figure, and the fart monster, I mean, I don't even feel the need to spoiler tag it it's such a mess. You can argue that the whole game is in the mind of the young boy depicted at the beginning, meaning the plot is purposely juvenile, but that's an explanation, it doesn't make the plot compelling.

Of course, critise the writing in Dying Light, but it's not any worse than any given Ubisoft open-world game.
for dl specifically, the poor writing stands out more because you can tell they're trying to do better and coming up short. it's not "this game has no writing," but "this game has bad writing." and like, that's ok; i'd like them to do better, but it isn't so bad that it ruins the game.

saying other games are also badly written does nothing to alleviate or deflect dl's shortcomings.

like... it's ok to enjoy (or overlook) bad elements in a game you have fun with. dl is a good game with bad writing and, again, that's ok.

it's not open-world, but you might enjoy unexplored. it's an action roguelike that's all about exploration and using your cunning to succeed as you try to beat a dungeon. combat is straightforward, but serviceable.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I finished Supraland. Only 7 more chests left and somewhere i missed grave. But finding those could take hours XD I spent over 20h playing Supraland and i loved every minute of it. Wait i am lying, i really don't like spawn rate of enemies after you finish the game. They are not hard but they are annoying. But again there is reason why there are that many of them . All in all amazing game and sleeper hit of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.