• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
tenor.gif
I shall save and revive this thread
WITH ANIME GIFS
tumblr_phku9yAXpm1tqvsfso1_540.gif

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Unity is the last Creed game where you actually felt like an assassin

and its the best looking game in the series

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh it's too bad how things are turning out. I was hoping things would get back to normal in a year or so, but it looks like we've lost some long time members already. Later to those folks.

hah man

I didn't like the game, but it sure looks phenomenal. I'll give it another go.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'm on vacation so I only just read about JaceC. I'm real sad it had to come this far. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for the pc community JaceC. You will be missed!

Also very sad to see some great pc era members like BernardoOne banned. And what's with Chairmanchuck being banned for posting a game? I understand that the moderation team don't like what's happening here, but this isn't helping.

I don't know if it's reasonable to expect us to just watch 90% of the more active posters in this thread get banned and pretend as if nothing happened. The PC community here on Era has been methodically and systematically dismantled. Shouldn't we, as a community, have an official answer as to why this happened? What went wrong and the community that has consistently maintained an extremely high level of civility and discourse in every single PC-focused thread ended up with so many people banned and its main thread in disarray? Many of us are here since the beginning of the site and we have offered a lot to this community. I feel like we deserve something more than "move along, nothing to see here".

I've been a member of Era since the site was created and the only warning I've ever received was for not reading the OP in a forum theme changelog thread. I think I've proven over time that I can contribute to the discussions happening here while respecting the rules of the community, but it is important that I speak up now because I believe you still might not be sure as to what exactly happened. I accept whatever action you feel is appropriate if you think that my post is out of line.

The current situation is a result of two things. The administration's mistake in not properly defining the PC platform and the moderation's significantly late response in addressing the situation in Epic Game Store threads.

Back when Era was still newly formed, the administration made the call to define the PC platform based on hardware, essentially using a console-like approach. The decision back then was that the moderation's protection of the platform from platform wars would only cover the hardware part and not Steam. That decision failed to recognize that Steam is an integral part of the PC platform. That decision, based on a console-based understanding of what a platform is, was catastrophic because it gave trolls free reign to disrupt, derail and shut down Steam-related threads with no fear of disciplinary action, since the moderators were instructed to treat Steam and Valve as a neutral third party instead of the de facto "face" of PC gaming.

This initial decision directly led to the clusterfuck that were the Epic Game Store threads. For a very long time, for several months in fact, platform warriors and trolls wreaked havoc in those threads with zero action from the moderation team. I said it back then and I'm saying I again now, it's not the moderation team's fault. They operated based on the policy set by the administration and their hands were pretty much tied. Eventually the moderators took action and the situation improved drastically but the damage was already done.

It was that initial mistake and months of continued inaction by the moderation that led many people of this community to their breaking point. We've been under constant pressure for many months and the administration and moderation failed to act in time. These are the results.

My recommendation as a part of this community is to find some more moderators that closely follow PC gaming so that they can get ahead of situations such as this and extend the platform protection to Steam until such a time that another service takes its place. The entirety of the PC community on Era did not turn into assholes overnight. You're doing something wrong.

Amazing post number one. I couldn't have said it better.

It also really bothers me that the pc community is now being blamed for the current situation. In my opinion, the many trolls in the EGS and Steam related threads are responsible. It's incredibly frustrating that these people keep posting the same nonsense that has been debunked with facts over and over again. And even worse: turning pc gamers' frustration about Epic's strategy into Steam fanboyismn. The past few weeks, I have been putting several threads on ignore because of these people. The way Epic is "disrupting" pc gaming is hard enough for me already.

Incredible just how much damage EGS has done to PC gaming even on a community level...

Yeah exactly. And they've only just begun. It's so damn sad.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
So...

This is what I meant on Discord about having to mod just because of personalities.

Also, their post is the kind of didn't-mean-to-be-rude that can make communities feel put-upon.

But also! Posters are consistently asked to forgive perceived slights, so...

Also! I have no clue of my standing in the PC gaming thread or Era generally, but I'll put my hand up and volunteer to be a mod, if it's needed.
With the way the mod team and PC era have clashed, you going in there would be like....

Theresa-May.jpg

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
With the way the mod team and PC era have clashed, you going in there would be like....

Theresa-May.jpg

I know, right? Subtle!!!!!! :p

I do think that anyone who has the time and has problems with modding/policy should volunteer to mod. Even if not taken-up, it proves a willingness to do more than just get frustrated with events. :)

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I find it weird that I've just been sitting on copies of Assassin's Creed Unity but I've never actively sought out to play it?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted in any PC / Steam community thread in half a decade here on Era or GAF but I'd like to thank JaseC for all his posts in the last years.
Seeing who else is leaving, or getting banned, makes it feel like this is another end of another Era. Such a shame.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
From day one our mission has been to keep as much of this site and community together as possible. After reviewing recent events and everything leading up to them, we concede with broken hearts that at least in part we have failed.

A lot of posts we've seen on the past few pages are embarrassing, toxic, and inexcusable. This is not just about the staff we have lost who have thrown their hands up in frustration and sadness. It's also about the many messages we've received from members who have felt intimidated and driven off. It's about all the posters who don't feel welcome here in a thread about one of the largest platforms in gaming.

Get back on the topic of PC gaming and stay there and do not derail this thread again with metacommentary.
I'd urge you to consider the idea that you are not making people feel welcome, heard or respected everywhere else on this forum as part of the problem, which is the root cause for any "inexcusable" behavior and metacommentary you witness in this thread.

Also, consider that banning or driving off some of the most valuable members of the community might be a result of forum policy, and not exactly a good sign.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Half of the games on that bundle aren't avaiable on my region, what the hell? I wasn't aware this was a thing.

The games are all avaiable through Steam with proper pricing and shit too. What the shit

Didn't have a single game in the bundle but did have them on wishlist

Ironically there is one SE collective game that is not on the bundle and it is at least two years old

Edit: lot to digest about what happened . I wish the best for JaseC whatever he plans to do so in the future

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I took wegamex launcher for a test drive with that Nishan Shaman game. Looks like a very simple rhythm game so far (you basically press or hold A/L in order to play each side of a magical drum that repels "demonic creatures" away). Pretty playable even in chinese.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
I will sign up to metacouncil later on today, will not leave here as I still enjoy the place but will definitely keep away from EGS threads as I always end up feeling angry at the trolls in these threads.

All the best to you Bronson.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I took wegamex launcher for a test drive with that Nishan Shaman game. Looks like a very simple rhythm game so far (you basically press or hold A/L in order to play each side of a magical drum that repels "demonic creatures" away). Pretty playable even in chinese.
Took me a while to figure out what you meant but thar game interests me so ill get it for my mobile devices at least. Thanks!

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Cuphead releases on Steam and Xbox on September 29, 2017: GAF implodes.
Cuphead releases on Switch on April 18, 2019: PC Era implodes.

Coincidence?

Probably.

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
I'm mostly a lurker, but man seeing JaseC leave and all the bans in this thread is making me sad.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Official Staff Communication
From day one our mission has been to keep as much of this site and community together as possible. After reviewing recent events and everything leading up to them, we concede with broken hearts that at least in part we have failed.

A lot of posts we've seen on the past few pages are embarrassing, toxic, and inexcusable. This is not just about the staff we have lost who have thrown their hands up in frustration and sadness. It's also about the many messages we've received from members who have felt intimidated and driven off. It's about all the posters who don't feel welcome here in a thread about one of the largest platforms in gaming.

Get back on the topic of PC gaming and stay there and do not derail this thread again with metacommentary.

I don't usually comment much here but I always try to keep upto date with this thread. This is the place I would call my home in Era.

I don't like what's happening to PC related stuff recently, but I try to keep my thoughts to myself, but seeing how member's are getting banned left and right and permanent at that, it has put a long lasting dent to this community.

I am not excusing the member's who have been banned for what they have said. But please try to understand what they have said it is out of frustration that has been built up for a while now.

I would like to request the mod's to change their mind on this and if possible change the ban from permanent to something less, I feel like they should be given another chance.

The atmosphere related to PC gaming has been emotional roller coaster for past few months for members here and I hope we can go back to the peaceful days of PC gaming as it used be.

Status
Not open for further replies.