Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

98tT02E.png

Another Crab's Treasure
- Platy/Uzzy - Out April 25th

Look we'll get to this one in a pinch, but I woke up a bit crabby this morning thanks to losing an hour, so we need some crab related puns up first.

Another Crab's Treasure is a soulslike adventure set in a crumbling underwater world. As Kril the hermit crab, you'll need to wear the trash around you as shells to withstand attacks from enemies many times your size. Embark on an epic treasure hunt to buy back your repossessed shell, and discover the dark secrets behind the polluted ocean.

BioGun
- Mentalist - Out in Early Access April 16th

Some people like Early Access metroidvanias, so they should probably know. Biogun is awesome. You are a nanobot robo-dog injected into a scientist's sick pup in order figure out the source of a worldwide canine pandemic. Explore the dog's innards in a shooty metroidvania very clearly inspired by Hollow Knight, but much more colourful. And with emphasis on ranged attacks. The premise is goofy, but the gameplay, exploration, and the bosses I got to fight in the demo (yes, there is also a demo, and it's still live, I think) were a ton of fun.

Biomorph
- Mentalist - Out April 5th

Biomorph is Ender Lillies on steroids. Instead of having a permanent roster of forms you employ for various attacks, the MC here can scan any single killed enemy and morph into them, in order to use their unique attack or movement abilities to reach new areas, or defeat new foes. While at the same time as you traverse the world you gain your typical permanent metroidvania powers (double jump, dash, wall climb, etc). The art is muted grey-blue and feels reminiscent of 8 Doors (except there it was grey-red). The premise is that you're a native of a planet that was invaded by colonizers a while ago you wake up in their mothership years after the invasion, and you try to piece what happened and find your kin, while dealing with the changed world around you.
The demo was pretty great in terms of action, so if you're still looking for a Metroidvania fix, it's a great choice

Botany Manor
- Uzzy - Out April 9th

Welcome to Botany Manor, a stately home in 19th century England. You play as inhabitant Arabella Greene, a retired botanist. Explore your house and gardens, filled with research, to figure out the ideal habitat of forgotten flora. Grow each plant to discover the mysterious qualities they hold…

Braid Anniversary Edition
- Uzzy - Out April 30th

So lets just say first that Jonathan Blow is a bit of an ass. He also makes some pretty fantastic puzzle games, including of course Braid, one of the more 'important' games out there, given all it symbolised for the indie games 'movement' at the time of its release way back in 2008. It's a classic for a reason, it's just a real good puzzle game, with the great time manipulation mechanics that really drive the gameplay to intriguing and delightful heights with each new level.

This anniversary edition has a whole host of new additions and things of interest. There's repainted 4k+ art from the original artist, David Hellman, new worlds and puzzles (35 new levels at last sight!), revamped audio and music, as well as 15 hours of developer commentary. If you really want to listen to more of Jonathan Blow.

Broken Roads
- Uzzy - Out April 10th

It's Ban Puncher Simulator: The Game.

Born of a love for traditional computer role-playing from franchises such as Pillars of Eternity, Disco Elysium, Fallout, Wasteland, Tyranny, Pathfinder, and Baldur's Gate, Broken Roads provides a rich, engaging narrative in which players make their way across a desolated future Australia. Blending together traditional and all-new role-playing elements on top of a classless system offering nearly unlimited character development options, Broken Roads presents players with an original morality system: the Moral Compass. This novel design sees dialogue options and questing decisions influence, and be influenced by, a character's philosophical leaning.

Hey I hear we all love CRPGs now, so I'm expect to see you all playing it.

Bygone Dreams
- Mentalist - Out April(?)

It's a stylized action-adventure set in a dream-world. The matron deity of the world is under threat from a corrupting Nightmare, and you are tasked with rallying the Guardians to her defence. The game is full of old-school vibes, and despite some jank I found the demo charming (it's still available, and it's even being updated, so check it out). Although it seems to have some soulsy elements to its combat, at its heart it's an action-adventure with a bunch of puzzle-solving and exploration in each area in order to reach the respective guardian. I'm getting a sense that it's got more of a hub and spokes design, a la Zelda, or the original Soul Reaver.

In any case, not sure if it's actually gonna make it this month, but wanted to put it on people's radars regardless.

Children of the Sun
- Uzzy - Out April 9th

Burning with anger, THE GIRL wages a one-woman war against THE CULT, taking them down cultist by cultist, bullet by bullet, until she reaches her true target: THE LEADER. Along the way she will unravel the dark truth about this mysterious order and the atrocities committed by them in the name of their master.

In this tactical third-person puzzle-shooter you assume control of one bullet, guiding it through increasingly complex and challenging levels to kill cultists, trigger traps, and reshape the environment. Every shot counts and ruthless precision is rewarded. Taking down THE CULT is deeply satisfying; doing it with style even more so.

Echoes of the Plum Grove
- Somnia - Out April 29th

A new life awaits in Honeywood! Build a thriving community that will last generations in this cozy farm simulator. Farm, socialize, make friends, cook, craft, forage and uncover the secrets of the island! If someone doesn't want to be friends? There are always other means.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
- Uzzy - Out April 23rd

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.

Our story begins in one corner of Allraan, a tapestry of nations with diverse cultures and values. By dint of sword, and by way of magical objects known as "rune-lenses," the land's history has been shaped by the alliances and aggressions of the humans, beastmen, elves, and desert people who live there.

The Galdean Empire has edged out other nations and discovered a technology that amplifies the rune-lenses' magic. Now, the Empire is scouring the continent for an artifact that will expand their power even further. It is on one such expedition that Seign Kesling, a young and gifted imperial officer, and Nowa, a boy from a remote village, meet each other and become friends.

Ereban: Shadow Legacy
- Mentalist - Out April 10th

An pretty classic old-school stealth game. Play Ayana, as the last survivor of an ancient race with the ability to meld with the shadows to move unseen. The current (human?) dictatorship is keen on eliminating her kind, and Ayana finds herself falling in with a rebel group that's set to undermine them. The enemies are (presumably, based on the demo) various types of robots with big flashlights attached to their fronts, so watching patrol routes, using distractions and stealth-kiling from the back and hiding the "bodies" is the order of the day. Once Ayana becomes a speck of shadow, for a limited time she can move on walls and ceilings, as long as light doesn't touch her (or she doesn't run out of energy). There's some upgrade materials to boost her powers and diaries/lore bits to find across the wide linear levels, but overall it's a pretty old-school linear stealth game that shouldn't overstay its welcome. It helps that it's got a great artstyle, too, as it's not trying to be yet another gritty realistic thing.

Gigantic: Rampage Edition
- Uzzy - Out April 9th

GIGANTIC: RAMPAGE EDITION is a premium and definitive release of the original 5v5 MOBA Hero Shooter, GIGANTIC, that provides a dynamic and exciting team-based multiplayer experience for fans of both genres. Choose from a diverse roster of unique heroes, each with a set of upgradeable abilities, and team up with four other players to control objectives and take down the opposing team's mighty Guardian, all while protecting your own. GIGANTIC: RAMPAGE EDITION includes a new game mode, cross platform play, new heroes, new maps, and gameplay improvements that give fans a bigger and more complete GIGANTIC experience than ever before, while welcoming new players to the action and fun-filled world of a Hero Shooter.

Harold Halibut
- Uzzy - Out April 16th

Harold Halibut is a handmade, stop motion animation, narrative game about friendship and life on a city-sized spaceship submerged in an alien ocean. Join Harold as he explores a vibrant retro-future world in his quest to find the true meaning of 'home'.

Manor Lords
- Uzzy - Out April 26th

Manor Lords is a medieval strategy game featuring in-depth city building, large-scale tactical battles, and complex economic and social simulations. Rule your lands as a medieval lord -- the seasons pass, the weather changes, and cities rise and fall.

Moonlight Pulse
- Mentalist - Out April 26th

This is probabyl my most anticipated game this year. People need to play the demo.

You basically play as a bunch of animals, trying to defend a living planet from parasites. Along with your typical movement from room to room, there are also "blood vessels" which you can use for fast travel- if you're able to clear obstructions. You start with one character (a melee fighter armadillo), but you extend your roster, and you can switch characters on the fly in combat and to use different abilities for traversal.

It's probably the most original thing I've played in the genre is a quite some time, the demo absolutely floored me. Can't believe the release date just snuck up on us like this.

No Rest for the Wicked
- Somnia - Out in Early Access April 18th

From Moon Studios, the award-winning developers of Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps comes No Rest for the Wicked, a visceral, precision Action RPG set to reinvent the genre.

Phantom Fury
- Uzzy - Out April 23rd

Thankfully not from the original devs, so I can feel a bit more comfortable recommending this one!

Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison is back in this highly interactive mix of first person action and road movie adventure. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey around the USA. Use an enormous arsenal of weapons and skills to battle treacherous soldiers and vile mutants, all while trying to save mankind from the Demon Core!

SaGa Emerald Beyond
- Uzzy - Out April 25th

FORGE YOUR OWN TALE The latest standalone entry in the SaGa franchise, SaGa Emerald Beyond, brings together the very best elements of the beloved series to offer each player their own unique gameplay experience.

SAND LAND
- Uzzy - Out April 25th

Dive into a desert world where both humans and demons suffer from an extreme water shortage - SAND LAND. Meet the Fiend Prince Beelzebub, his chaperone Thief, and the fearless Sheriff Rao, and follow the team on an extraordinary adventure in search of the Legendary Spring hidden in the desert. The end is only the beginning, as beyond this arid ground lies a new realm to explore.

In this action-RPG, players will find a nostalgic and heartwarming world created by Akira Toriyama, where you will become the main character Beelzebub. Learn how to control his powers and lead your company of heroic misfits exploring the legendary world of SAND LAND. Beware of the many dangers that populate it: between bandits, fierce wildlife, and the Royal Army, reaching the spring won't be easy! Use your tact and imagination to develop tanks and other vehicles that will help you navigate this vast land, using a wide array of part combinations.

Saviorless
- Mentalist - Out April 2nd

An action-platformer from a 1st time Cuban developer. Play as Antar, a girl trying to become one of the Saviours, the mystic gods of the islands (or maybe to remember how to be one?) The gameplay revolves around alternating between your defenceless human and deadly monster/divine form to overcome obstacles. Neat artstyle, unique premise and linear, almost puzzle-like gameplay make this one worth a look.

Sheba: A New Dawn
- Mentalist - Out April 8th

Play as a shpherd that's been bonded to an escaped Djinn. Trying to undo the bond leads you across the world inspired by Arabic mythos. The gameplay is combo-based, and there's a lot of emphasis on character progression and stats. I don't recall much of the demo, to be honest, but I do remember liking it. And this is a genuinely fresh take in a sea of more classical-myth based titles. Plus it looks gorgeous and promises a pretty big enemy roster, so what's not to look forward to?

Tales of Kenzera: ZAU
- Uzzy - Out April 23rd

Wield the dance of the shaman. Reclaim your father's spirit. A grieving boy begins to read a Bantu tale written by his late father. Adventure into the beautiful and treacherous lands of Kenzera as Zau, a young shaman who bargains with the God of death to bring his Baba back from darkness.

With your cosmic powers and untried courage, you advance into unknown mythological lands. Once bursting with life, Kenzera is now rife with lost ancestral spirits. As Zau advances toward his goal, 3 mighty beings lie in wait, fearsome in their strength yet somehow strangely familiar. Will you embrace the dance of the shaman?

Crafted by Surgent Studios, the entertainment studio founded by actor Abubakar Salim (Assassin's Creed: Origins, Raised by Wolves) and published by EA Originals, Tales of Kenzera™: ZAU takes you on a thrilling emotional journey inspired by the rich myths of Bantu cultures.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants
- Uzzy - Out April 23rd

Re-experience the 2017 arcade classic with 3 additional stages and 6 additional boss battles! Take control of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello or Raphael in this classic beat-em-up inspired by the cult favorite Turtles in Time. Play with your friends through 4 player local co-op

The Crew Motorfest
- Uzzy - Out on Steam April 18th

The Crew Motorfest is an open world online racing game set on the island of O'ahu, Hawaii. Experience the best that car culture has to offer as you compete in intense races, experience themed events, and collect hundreds of iconic cars.

The Collage Atlas
- Uzzy - Out April 19th

The Collage Atlas invites you on a journey through an entirely hand-drawn picture-book dream-world.
From the grass beneath your feet, to the butterflies dancing in the air, to the floating islands drifting overhead - every little detail has been lovingly-crafted with pen & ink on paper.
The result is a world the likes of which you've never seen before.

TopSpin 2K25
- Uzzy - Out April 26th

The TopSpin franchise returns with TopSpin 2K25, featuring tennis legends Roger Federer, Serena Williams, and a cast of other playable pros, competitive single-player and multiplayer modes, all four historic Grand Slams, and much more!

I really hope this one's good. It's been ages since we had a good tennis game, though the roster does look fairly sparse.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse — The Book of Hungry Names
- Uzzy - Out April 26th

You and your shattered werewolf pack must save the living Earth with Rage and spirit! In this interactive novel with hundreds of choices, can you defeat a Wyrm Spirit who manifests as a lie that you want to believe?

Werewolf: The Apocalypse — The Book of Hungry Names is an interactive novel by Kyle Marquis set in the World of Darkness. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Withering Rooms
- Bonfires Down - Out of Early Access April 5th

Withering Rooms is a 2.5D roguelite action and stealth RPG that takes inspiration from every classic horror franchise you can think of. I love the grotesque monster designs on display here and the Steam reviews are very encouraging.

gK65o0a.png

Dark Souls II
- Uzzy

The universally beloved and clear best game in the Souls series, Dark Souls II turns ten years old (on PC) this month. Sorry Morrigan

OK so yes, there are some issues with Dark Souls II. But time has proven it right in a lot of ways. And the level of player choice when it comes to weapons and magic and combat is second to none still. And screw you riding an elevator up into a lava filled castle is badass.

So Bearer Seek Seek Lest. This is Dark Souls.

Bears of the Curse who have experienced death for the first time:

JIfmoDo.png

gARz1VD.png

Akira Toriyama Memorial - OtakuCoder

Last month we lost the legendary manga artist and character designer, Akira Toriyama. So this month Earn a Steam Achievement in any game worked on by, or based on the works of, Akira Toriyama. Qualifying games include Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest games, Chrono Trigger, and Sand Land.
GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales. There's a dedicated thread for that!
  • NO ANIME/J-ROCK/POP POSTS ALLOWED
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to every time someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

Xv7uIjB.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Close to finishing Rebirth. Maybe I'll get back to PC gaming this month?

Thanks for the thread Uzzy !

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Been a while since the last month NOT filled with huge AAA releases all over the place, so good to just focus on the small indies =D

penny toast

Feb 20, 2024
Excited for No Rest for the Wicked, despite my better judgement that it'll be the same old Dark Souls combat formula.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Looking forward to Tales of Kenzera. About time somebody made a virtual successor to the Ori games.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'll try Broken Roads and No Rest for the Wicked. Hopefully Manor lords does good.

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
I came because I read Kingdom Hearts and PC in the title, but I was surprised, great thread! Lots of really good games coming out in april.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I am going to be building a lower-spec PC this month, and once I do, I will probably play Ereban, as well as a bunch of other AA games and PS360-era ports from the backlog.

But man, what an amazing year it's been for metroidvania fans so far.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Ereban, Broken Roads, and Phantom Fury. But we'll see what I have time for. Made the brilliant decision of starting Dragon's Dogma 2 and Horizon at the same time.

Malakiax

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
It's finally Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes month!!

Thanks for the thread Uzzy

Also, monthly challenge done. Rest in Peace Akira Toriyama.
image.png

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Eiyuden, SaGa and Broken Roads.

You can never have enough RPGs. Ever. Thats why practically evrrything is one these days.

Hundred Heroes is going to be something really special.

TideSwayer

Oct 27, 2017
I've had Eiyuden Digital Deluxe pre-ordered since last November. Can't wait. Have to get around to Eiyuden: Rising sometime before Hundred Heroes launches.

OberstKrueger

Jan 7, 2018
As interesting as No Rest for the Wicked looks, this is going to be a month of just continuing Dragon's Dogma 2 and WoW. Maybe next month... except then that'll conflict with the new season of Diablo 4. Alas.

I arrived later to the Dark Souls party than many, but I have done my penance with death.

dark-souls-2_this-is-dark-souls.webp

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
its a thread

nAygWap.jpg

People reacting when/if/ever kingdom hearts coming to steam

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1465460/Infection_Free_Zone/

A PC strategy game launching in early access on April 11th, after having been available in demo and later beta form for backers. Post-apocalyptic city builder with a unique twist for maps. They used a satellite mapping service that has detailed maps of cities and towns around the world, so you can select pretty much any town, or part of a city, and have that be your starting location as you rebuild society and fend off the infected after emerging from your bunkers.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly quite a few games I want this month, will need to think over what I get!

elPolloDiablo

Apr 9, 2021
the Netherlands
Thank you so much for yet another great thread Uzzy !

Not much this month for me, though Broken Roads looks really good.

I've been getting into CRPGs again after playing the original Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 long ago. Currently slowly making my way through Rogue Trader and I really love it, even though I find the combat very difficult. I bounced off of Pathfinder: WotR because i kept getting my ass beat and I couldn't really get a good grasp on the mechanics. Will try again after getting through RT, or maybe try my hand at Divinity Original Sin 2 once more.

Apart from that want to play HFW after I finished Avatar this week.

Also I remembered I played the DBZ Kakarot game. RIP Toriyama

aEtLlsg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.