• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you relax?

• Out Run

Votes: 98 33.7%
  • Karaoke

Votes: 86 29.6%
  • Fishing

Votes: 32 11.0%
  • Dancing

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Mahjong

Votes: 55 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Ooh? Any detailed impressions to share?

Well, the gameplay is pretty much exactly the same as in Papers, Please, so if you've enjoyed that you're definitely going to like this one too.
The biggest difference is obviously the setting, which is a facist, post-brexit Britain and i think the game in general does a pretty good job at satirically depicting what it would look like, with its Euro-Citizen Reallocation Blocks, the FAKE NEWS and some other ideas i don't wanna spoil. It doesn't quite have the charm GLORIOUS MOTHER ARSTOZKA does, but it's politically more relevant and unique.

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
Is the FFXV PC port bad? I'm using my i5-8400 and GTX 1060 6gb for reference.

Originally I used "average" setting at 1080p 60fps but got drops from 60-35 when entering combat. Then I tried 30fps cap and by default it had insane frame-pacing and drops to 15 or 20fps in combat. Then I used Nvidia's control panel's vsync (since apparently the game's vsync causes frame-pacing issues with the 30fps cap) and the frame pacing disappeared but the combat drops to 15fps at times.

Nvidia experience says I should be able to play on high but I can't even get average to run smoothly.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Visiting family abroad and i hooked up my laptop to the hdtv which facing the bed and got my ds4 connected to steam via bluetooth.
Comfy bed gaming ftw <3

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have now defeated 4 of the Five stars of Sotenburi and am employing a large roster of top-tier Hostesses in my Cabaret Club.
Start trembling Tsukiyama, for your days are numbered! There can only be one King of the Night in Sotenburi!
8B1AEFF508F806A015BAE1FBCBE98E66AA2CA227

...What's this about me having more important things to do instead of messing around building an entertainment imperium, like worrying that I'm on the hit-list for a buncha Yakuzas?
Pfft, gotta have your priorities straight.
The best
Etsuko.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Are all Yakuza games have as dayum good story as Yakuza 0? Because holy shit, how such godlike writing and direction is even possible in the videogame?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Are all Yakuza games have as dayum good story as Yakuza 0? Because holy shit, how such godlike writing and direction is even possible in the videogame?
Yakuza 0 is pretty much a standout in terms of fantastic writing and execution.

Yakuza 1 is just incredibly basic.

Yakuza 2 is much more like a "typical" japanese crime action movie but it makes up for it with fantastic set pieces and a truly wonderful villain.

Yakuza 3 had some of the lowest lows storywise but it also had some of the highest highs. Particularly in it's supporting cast, in it's rather unorthodox setting and in it's main villain.

Yakuza 4 was a clusterfuck in terms of story but gave us some great protagonists.

Yakuza 5 was just a clusterfuck.

Yakuza 6 was MUCH more consistent and that ending was a perfect sendoff for Kiryu. Though it does go a bit too over-the-top sometimes.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Communists in spaaaaaaaaace!

I am so looking forward to the big planet/pop update.

Stellaris' new game director has been doing excellent work. Every change has made the game fundamentally better.

Edit: Y'know, I think I made a comment very similar to this the last time it was brought up. Might have even been from Uzzy, too. ...I regret nothing.

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
gGNdNaP.jpg

this racing minigame is impossible.... i'm crap at all minigames except karaoke and bowling

anyways yesterday i wasted like 4 hours on kiryu's crappy real state minigame, kind of shame there's no real gameplay tied to it and it's just so much busywork of collecting and purchasing properties, and the way the game gates upgrades behind it is a real bummer

Kremling

The Fallen
Dec 15, 2017
Wish I hadn't missed the GMG DQ11 preorder discount. I just had to be broke right when that was happening.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
A great clusterfuck tho. Reminded me a lot of MGS4
Yakuza 5 was the first and only game I've played where I had a legitimate complaint of "there was too much game in there".

And I don't even mean in the sense that there was too much asset reuse or that there was repetition. The game had soo much unique stuff but it was actually too big to digest as a single game unless you spaced out the playthrough for like 2 weeks.

I didn't even have that issue with The Witcher 3.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 5 was the first and only game I've played where I had a legitimate complaint of "there was too much game in there".

And I don't even mean in the sense that there was too much asset reuse or that there was repetition. The game had soo much unique stuff but it was actually too big to digest as a single game unless you spaced out the playthrough for like 2 weeks.

heh, would take me about 8 months then

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus

I'm playing Yakuza 0 for 2.5 weeks so far and just finished chapter 4, so I guess it won't be that bad for me. It would take ages until Yakuza 5 would came on PC anyway

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
heh, would take me about 8 months then
I'm playing Yakuza 0 for 2.5 weeks so far and just finished chapter 4, so I guess it won't be that bad for me. It would take ages until Yakuza 5 would came on PC anyway
I should clarify that 2 weeks with ACTIVELY playing the game every single day, about 5-6 hours.

There are 5 different controllable characters, 5 different cities, 4 different completely unrelated side businesses/activities with a whole small but still interesting storyline inside each of them, the actual side-content and minigames, the substories and the main story (which is INCREDIBLY long).

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=22940

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
So, that steam link app isn't coming to iOS and tvOS anymore, is it? I think last time I heard something about it was back in May... what a bummer, this would've been great

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I should clarify that 2 weeks with ACTIVELY playing the game every single day, about 5-6 hours.

There are 5 different controllable characters, 5 different cities, 4 different completely unrelated side businesses/activities with a whole small but still interesting storyline inside each of them, the actual side-content and minigames, the substories and the main story (which is INCREDIBLY long).

Yep, sounds totally like 7-8 months game. It's okay, most of games I've playing nowadays takes around 1-2 month to complete.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Death's Gambit streams and videos and it seems like not a game for me. Same problem I had with Pharaonic where evading and attacking take up too much stamina compared to Souls games. :/

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Is the FFXV PC port bad? I'm using my i5-8400 and GTX 1060 6gb for reference.

Originally I used "average" setting at 1080p 60fps but got drops from 60-35 when entering combat. Then I tried 30fps cap and by default it had insane frame-pacing and drops to 15 or 20fps in combat. Then I used Nvidia's control panel's vsync (since apparently the game's vsync causes frame-pacing issues with the 30fps cap) and the frame pacing disappeared but the combat drops to 15fps at times.
Those combat drops sound weird. You may not have enough RAM, or there may be something going on in the background that's impacting your performance. The game is fairly CPU heavy as well, but dropping by half is way too much to be normal. Make sure you have all the Nvidia junk turned off.

The frame pacing will never feel right at 30 fps. But it should at least stay in the ballpark of 30 fps except when first loading into the world and when the game loads some of its shaders (mainly dealing with reflections and water, if you enter water or it starts raining). (You may get brief dips here and there, but they should taper off the longer you play.)

Last edited:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
How exactly are you suppose to downsample from 7680×4320? Despite 3840x2160 being my native resolution and is marked as such in Nvidia Control Panel, there is one more resolution listed above it; 4096x2160. Despite that not being my native resolution that is the resolution that DSR uses, so all the DSR resolutions aren't 16:9.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Yakuza 5 is totally gonna benefit from stronger hardware esp. with how sluggish the FPS becomes on the original PS3 ver.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Heard there's a crucial Mahjong scene in Crazy Rich Asians, so now I wanna boot up Yakuza 0 just to learn to play Mahjong.

Oh, it got bowling too? Shit, I used to be a pro bowling player and won me some 18 medals. I'm gonna replicate my success in this game then.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of getting the 2070 now, instead of the 2080ti. Hmm..

Depends how bad the price is

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up for Steam folks, I bought Batman Arkham Knight off CD: Keys for $8.69 Canadian dollars, and when I redeemed the code, it included Arkham Asylum, City, Origins, and Blackgate as well.

Not sure if it was a mix up, but might be worth a shot.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition-pc-cd-key-steam
That must have been a mix up. I bought the exact same game some three days ago, and only got Arkham Knight.

Nov 2, 2017
That must have been a mix up. I bought the exact same game some three days ago, and only got Arkham Knight.

Well the only game I had before buying it was Arkham Asylum, and now I have them all. When I redeemed the key, all the games showed up for install. Already installed Origins and Knight. both work fine.

Regardless, 8 bucks Canadian is a great deal for AK, and you might just get lucky and get the whole series!

I bought it yesterday.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i can't get a turkey

i'm doing just as bad in this bowling game just as i do in real life
i got it really easy by using the heaviest ball

put it in the middle, tried to aim at the center (but it's hard, so i just spun it to compensate) and ended up getting a bunch in a row

i guess heavier = "more explosive" or something

idk anything about real life bowling

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Just a heads up for Steam folks, I bought Batman Arkham Knight off CD: Keys for $8.69 Canadian dollars, and when I redeemed the code, it included Arkham Asylum, City, Origins, and Blackgate as well.

Not sure if it was a mix up, but might be worth a shot.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition-pc-cd-key-steam

I believe that's because WB were giving away Steam versions of those to compensate for the initially botched port of AK, I got Blackgate for free which was the only one I didn't own. The offer was only supposed to last until 16th November 2015 though, so perhaps the key dates from back then.

Article here.

Oct 29, 2017
I am spoiling and extrapolating some shit in Fallout 4 mostly regarding the quest Human Error. It also seems a lot of people/sources are misinterpreting or missing things.

So there is a town called Covenant that gives a test (S.A.F.E. test) before you can enter and trade. The test is basically the old F3 vault questions. The trading prices in town are low to encourage more traders to come through.

Long story short, the settlement is a front for an anti-Institute group that uses the test to identify potential synths. Once people are identified as a potential synth (by failing the test) they are later kidnapped (killing others if needed) and taken to a place called the Compound. At the Compound they are tortured and repeatedly given the S.A.F.E. test to gather more data and evaluate if that person is actually a synth. Then the person is ultimately killed and autopsied to determine if they are a snyth.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_12_baseline
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_12_testing
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_12_debrief

Now for some numbers:
The current S.A.F.E. test "fails" 28% of the people that take it. This means they are identified as potential synths by the test. This is not the false positive rate but the entire positive rate as noted by who they are testing and the note about the ghoul being a definite false positive. Doctor Chambers will reinforce this in a bit.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/SAFE_report

At the Compound you can get these dialog gems from Doctor Chambers.
Why do you think we attacked her caravan? She has well over a ninety percent chance of being a synth.
Why else do you think we attacked her caravan? She has well over a seventy percent chance of being a synth.
Why else do you think we attacked her caravan? After testing, we have well over a seventy percent confidence level of our initial diagnosis.
https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Roslyn_Chambers'_dialogue

So she appears to be willing to fudge numbers to make herself appear more just depending on her reaction to the PC.

The false positvie rate can also be learned from Doctor Chambers through dialog.
The margin of error is admittedly high, four or five false positives per synth. But one day we hope to get it to one or two false positives.
In other words, 18% of the people they kidnap, torture, and kill are actually synths. Or 5% of everyone they test, ignoring false negatives which the Compound does for some reason (because they are fanatics). This is assuming she is not lying and the number is actually lower than that.

And in her best outcome scenario the test will still incorrectly tag people as synths the majority of the time. And remember that the only way to ultimately verify the test is to kill the person.
I'd have to perform an autopsy to be sure.
Now the fun part:

The Railroad who moves rescued synths out of the Commonwealth primarily does it using caravans and traders. The caravan that got hit to start the quest Human Error belongs to Old Man Stockton, a Railroad agent who manages Railroad runners. Checking the S.A.F.E. report Mr Tims is also mentioned; he is another Railroad runner manager. There is also a Join the Railroad holotape found in the trash in the guest house.

And finally there is a danger Railsign above the Compound. Which means another Railroad operative (probably killed by the Compound) made it but the information never got back to Railroad headquarters; because why the fuck would runners still be going through Covenant otherwise?

So most likely the majority or possibly all the synths tagged by the S.A.F.E. test were rescued synths being moved by the Railroad. Recused synths who got mind wiped and don't even know they are synths like Amelia.

You can get this dialog if you are in the Railroad and cut Honest Dan out of the loop:
Keep it down. Amelia's a synth though even she doesn't know that.
After what she went through with those monsters, maybe she suspects. But there's nothing to be done about that now.
A runner has already picked her up. Hopefully the poor girl finds a safe new home.

https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Old_Man_Stockton's_dialogue

Which brings me to my final idea. With the Railroad moving a high number of synths among traders and caravans it is possible the S.A.F.E. test does not even work (hue hue hue). It is just noise that the Compound thinks is working because their paranoia and fanaticism need it to work. They base their test on the assumption that synths do not have true feelings but the game tends to sell you on the opposite especially in regards to escaped synths/Valentine/Danse etc..

So I killed them all. Even poor Talia, she deserves to die.
Player: Dan all but told me he's working for the Institute. I don't want him to hurt you or your friends.
Oh my god, oh my god. If he finds out about the survivors [2 from Stockton's caravan] and the Compound then everything could be ruined. I have to go tell someone.
And I did not make this post to justify killing Talia because I cannot get her working as a proper settler using mods and console commands after wiping Covenant.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
I believe that's because WB were giving away Steam versions of those to compensate for the initially botched port of AK, I got Blackgate for free which was the only one I didn't own. The offer was only supposed to last until 16th November 2015 though, so perhaps the key dates from back then.

Article here.

Ah, well I guess I got lucky. What a steal, 8 bucks for 5 games plus all the DLC.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
12Ib ball, press left four times, aim as close to the middle pin as possible and have 93+ power.

Should be a strike every time.

(This works on all Yakuza bowling games)

i got it really easy by using the heaviest ball

put it in the middle, tried to aim at the center (but it's hard, so i just spun it to compensate) and ended up getting a bunch in a row

i guess heavier = "more explosive" or something

idk anything about real life bowling

thanks, i got it, i think the problem was that i had trouble "aiming", and yeah aiming straight is especially hard for some reason lol, it looks like the heavier the ball is, the faster the cursor go, so even though i know where to aim and how much spin i need to use, i couldn't pull it off 100%.

The aiming towards the center at 4 steps left advice works well though, i did some improvising by just adding some spin if i'm off

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I am spoiling and extrapolating some shit in Fallout 4 mostly regarding the quest Human Error. It also seems a lot of people/sources are misinterpreting or missing things.

So there is a town called Covenant that gives a test (S.A.F.E. test) before you can enter and trade. The test is basically the old F3 vault questions. The trading prices in town are low to encourage more traders to come through.

Long story short, the settlement is a front for an anti-Institute group that uses the test to identify potential synths. Once people are identified as a potential synth (by failing the test) they are later kidnapped (killing others if needed) and taken to a place called the Compound. At the Compound they are tortured and repeatedly given the S.A.F.E. test to gather more data and evaluate if that person is actually a synth. Then the person is ultimately killed and autopsied to determine if they are a snyth.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_12_baseline
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_12_testing
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_12_debrief

Now for some numbers:
The current S.A.F.E. test "fails" 28% of the people that take it. This means they are identified as potential synths by the test. This is not the false positive rate but the entire positive rate as noted by who they are testing and the note about the ghoul being a definite false positive. Doctor Chambers will reinforce this in a bit.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/SAFE_report

At the Compound you can get these dialog gems from Doctor Chambers.

https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Roslyn_Chambers'_dialogue

So she appears to be willing to fudge numbers to make herself appear more just depending on her reaction to the PC.

The false positvie rate can also be learned from Doctor Chambers through dialog.

In other words, 18% of the people they kidnap, torture, and kill are actually synths. Or 5% of everyone they test, ignoring false negatives which the Compound does for some reason (because they are fanatics). This is assuming she is not lying and the number is actually lower than that.

And in her best outcome scenario the test will still incorrectly tag people as synths the majority of the time. And remember that the only way to ultimately verify the test is to kill the person.

Now the fun part:

The Railroad who moves rescued synths out of the Commonwealth primarily does it using caravans and traders. The caravan that got hit to start the quest Human Error belongs to Old Man Stockton, a Railroad agent who manages Railroad runners. Checking the S.A.F.E. report Mr Tims is also mentioned; he is another Railroad runner manager. There is also a Join the Railroad holotape found in the trash in the guest house.

And finally there is a danger Railsign above the Compound. Which means another Railroad operative (probably killed by the Compound) made it but the information never got back to Railroad headquarters; because why the fuck would runners still be going through Covenant otherwise?

So most likely the majority or possibly all the synths tagged by the S.A.F.E. test were rescued synths being moved by the Railroad. Recused synths who got mind wiped and don't even know they are synths like Amelia.

You can get this dialog if you are in the Railroad and cut Honest Dan out of the loop:

https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Old_Man_Stockton's_dialogue

Which brings me to my final idea. With the Railroad moving a high number of synths among traders and caravans it is possible the S.A.F.E. test does not even work (hue hue hue). It is just noise that the Compound thinks is working because their paranoia and fanaticism need it to work. They base their test on the assumption that synths do not have true feelings but the game tends to sell you on the opposite especially in regards to escaped synths/Valentine/Danse etc..

So I killed them all. Even poor Talia, she deserves to die.

And I did not make this post to justify killing Talia because I cannot get her working as a proper settler using mods and console commands after wiping Covenant.
Hmm wait, why does it sound like so complicated? I thought Fallout 4 is just a bland shooter with RPG elements from a group of lazy, untalented developers.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
thanks, i got it, i think the problem was that i had trouble "aiming", and yeah aiming straight is especially hard for some reason lol, it looks like the heavier the ball is, the faster the cursor go, so even though i know where to aim and how much spin i need to use, i couldn't pull it off 100%.

The aiming towards the center at 4 steps left advice works well though, i did some improvising by just adding some spin if i'm off
I haven't tried bowling yet, but sometimes, I prefer to aim with the mouse.
I can't dart for my life with the controller but I can sometimes get triple bullseye with the mouse*.
I'd like the baseball rewards, but there's no way I can skill a perfect game on the highest difficulty.

*Use mouse and place yourself so that when the dart is at its lowest (from your breathing/shaking) it's on the middle. Click mouse button until you hit max, wait about half a second and release.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Does Idlemaster still work? I installed it but it wont sign me in. I click log in, the steam log in window pops up, I sign in and then it goes back to the idlemaster app that shows not signed in to steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.