• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you relax?

• Out Run

Votes: 98 33.7%
  • Karaoke

Votes: 86 29.6%
  • Fishing

Votes: 32 11.0%
  • Dancing

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Mahjong

Votes: 55 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Dk03dloV4AETIn4.jpg

Dk03doyV4AApiW5.jpg

Dk03dngUUAAwaJ3.jpg

How many games on Steam sell language packs?
I don't know of any game which does this, but it sounds like a way to get around the fact that Japanese game prices are insane compared to the rest of the world, without outright region locking.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
"This game is an adventure that elucidates the mystery of this world while the hero performs this mission."

Best summary.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Looking for some recommendations to play. Pls respond.

Criteria:
- Can run on filthy hardware (on an x1 carbon with an intel hd520)
- Can use either a gamepad or keyboard and limited mouse usage, but not mouse and keyboard heavy games. Turn based stuff is already.
- Maybe under $20 and replayable

Currently been playing a lot of Risk of Rain, FTL, Dead Cells, Into the Breach, so maybe looking for things in this realm. Wishlist if curious to see what I already know of / own.

Things I assume will be recommended but already own / dislike / am contemplating buying: Axiom Verge, Hollow Knight, Hyper Light Drifer, Momodora, Owlboy, Papers Please, Sky Rogue, Spelunky, Stardew Valley, Ys games, Rogue Legacy. Also own some Civ games and would get Civ VI but kind of expensive atm.

What the fuk should I play.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017

Criteria:
- Can use either a gamepad or keyboard and limited mouse usage, but not mouse and keyboard heavy games. Turn based stuff is already.

Currently been playing a lot of Risk of Rain, FTL, Dead Cells, Into the Breach, so maybe looking for things in this realm. Wishlist if curious to see what I already know of / own.

Things I assume will be recommended but already own / dislike / am contemplating buying: Axiom Verge, Hollow Knight, Hyper Light Drifer, Momodora, Owlboy, Papers Please, Sky Rogue, Spelunky, Stardew Valley, Ys games, Rogue Legacy. Also own some Civ games and would get Civ VI but kind of expensive atm.

I suggest avoiding Rogue Legacy personally. Dead Bolt is great fun (It's also done by the same guys who did Risk of Rain) plus it can be replayable with the challenges but is plenty long enough if you don't go for that. But if you don't go for that there's

Spelunky is pretty much endless in that sense, but there's also Caveblazers as well for an alternative to that, but I'd lean towards Enter the Gungeon / Invisible Inc. from your wish list

Neo Scavenger is cool if you haven't heard of it

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I suggest avoiding Rogue Legacy personally. Dead Bolt is great fun (It's also done by the same guys who did Risk of Rain) plus it can be replayable with the challenges but is plenty long enough if you don't go for that. But if you don't go for that there's

Spelunky is pretty much endless in that sense, but there's also Caveblazers as well for an alternative to that, but I'd lean towards Enter the Gungeon / Invisible Inc. from your wish list

Thanks! EtG is probably what I'm most contemplating atm. Always avoided it since I think the art style is hideous but there seems to be a lot of content. I don't know why but I never enjoyed Spelunky much and I don't like Rogue Legacy.

Deadbolt seemed great (I just found out about it today from the risk of rain 2 thread) but seems to need a mouse for any decent experiences.

Have this wishlisted but I should probably look into how well it would run. Assumed it would run poorly on this machine so never looked into it much.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Criteria:

Project Nimbus?

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! EtG is probably what I'm most contemplating atm. Always avoided it since I think the art style is hideous but there seems to be a lot of content. I don't know why but I never enjoyed Spelunky much and I don't like Rogue Legacy.

Deadbolt seemed great (I just found out about it today from the risk of rain 2 thread) but seems to need a mouse for any decent experiences.

Have this wishlisted but I should probably look into how well it would run. Assumed it would run poorly on this machine so never looked into it much.

There's always going for stuff like Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2 if you want just keyboard movement. I'd have to look for more of them but I know those are both really good

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Giftbot broken again? I just received a notification from a giveaway I "won", which is the Chairmanchuck one with duped key of likeone month ago.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
There's always going for stuff like Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2 if you want just keyboard movement. I'd have to look for more of them but I know those are both really good
Yeah that could be good. Hoping that presumably bad Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar game goes on sale at some point lol.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

Criteria:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Criteria:

One Way Heroics +

(Though, get the Base Game and + expansion in a bundle.)

Ambition of the Slimes

Pretty sure both can be played with only the keyboard.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Dk03dloV4AETIn4.jpg

Dk03doyV4AApiW5.jpg

Dk03dngUUAAwaJ3.jpg

How many games on Steam sell language packs?
Isn't this a reference to something Capcom or another big publisher did? They originally had the game with Japanese language, but it was "too cheap" for the Japanese market, or whatever bullshit. So to "get their money back", they removed Japanese as a language and forced apanese users to buy it back as a DLC.

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this a reference to something Capcom or another big publisher did? They originally had the game with Japanese language, but it was "too cheap" for the Japanese market, or whatever bullshit. So to "get their money back", they removed Japanese as a language and forced apanese users to buy it back as a DLC.

Looks like a pretty common practice with SEs Eidos games.

fef8c5628d12072f05dd5bb2c2415bde.png

Yeah she was referring to SE and Tomb Raider

ywqoT2Q.jpg

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
So, I bought the PoE2 DLC and then I realized my Kickstarter pledge already included the PoE2 DLC. Does anyone want the PoE2 DLC?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Going by GMG's survey they seem to be considering things like trading in digital games and some kind of subscription or loyalty program.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Criteria:

Hollow Knight might struggle to run smoothly at native rez btw - its a much more demanding game than you'd expect.

From your wishlist I can suggest
Invisible Inc. (its got that Into the Breach brilliance with a spy theme and very dynamic campaigns)
Slay the Spire (easiest suggestion ever - its fun, addictive and light on the PC)

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God damn that's still too high :/
If you are lucky enough Voidu will release another 30% off before the game is out, so you can take it for 34€. Anyway I'm trying the demo on PS4, completed the first mission, and while the gameplay is good (well, it's pretty much the same of VC1), I don't like so much the story. Because so far there's not a story. What I liked from VC1 was the fact you cared about those characters, the story was good enough despite being very simple, but there was a development. In VC4 the war is already started when you start the game, you have this group of characters and cutscenes are mostly pointless (so far), showing little scenes between those characters without developing them.

So, I bought the PoE2 DLC and then I realized my Kickstarter pledge already included the PoE2 DLC. Does anyone want the PoE2 DLC?

I'd take if it it's still available.

Going by GMG's survey they seem to be considering things like trading in digital games and some kind of subscription or loyalty program.

Yeah. I remember they had a loyalty program 8well, kinda), you could get credit from reviews and you could trade-in your GMG digital purchases, but the amount of credit they rewarded was very low.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a bummer that the Pillars DLC will take until December to drop. I want to play it now, but I also don't want to make a second playthrough, and it seems less interesting to tackle them after the main quest, when my party is likely overlevelled (and I really don't like auto-scaling systems).

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Hollow Knight might struggle to run smoothly at native rez btw - its a much more demanding game than you'd expect.

From your wishlist I can suggest
Invisible Inc. (its got that Into the Breach brilliance with a spy theme and very dynamic campaigns)
Slay the Spire (easiest suggestion ever - its fun, addictive and light on the PC)
Hollow Knight ran OK on this. Ran much worse on thinkpad x230 lol.

And bought Slay the Spire. Was pretty cheap on gmg.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Kind of a bummer that the Pillars DLC will take until December to drop. I want to play it now, but I also don't want to make a second playthrough, and it seems less interesting to tackle them after the main quest, when my party is likely overlevelled (and I really don't like auto-scaling systems).
I absolutely adore the game but I stopped after ~27 hours for that exact reason. Will pick it up again and finish it in the holiday season.

I just don't have time for multiple RPG playthroughs.

I'd take if it it's still available.
Sent!

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Any impressions of Death's Gambit here?
Has mixed reviews on Steam?

The OT is here. Mixed sounds about right to me, I thought it was merely okay. The biggest disappointment was that the early trailers showed a 2D Shadow of the Colossus, and none of those gameplay elements made it into the final game. If you haven't already played Salt & Sanctuary I'd get that instead, it's a much better game in every way other than art style. This just doesn't feel anywhere near as good to play - hit feedback is poor and it can be unresponsive at times.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm trying to play the MH game but this steam notification just won't go away. Can;t find a way to run off inventory notifications in general.

What do?

This whole new steam ui seems pretty wack in general, also had issues with it spamming me with friend joining game notifications when they weren't, had to turn off that.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

So I'm trying to play the MH game but this steam notification just won't go away. Can;t find a way to run off inventory notifications in general.

What do?

This whole new steam ui seems pretty wack in general, also had issues with it spamming me with friend joining game notifications when they weren't, had to turn off that.
Ah the good old big picture mode. I've had some random instances when a notification would stick like that, seems like some weird overlay bug. Only way to get rid of it that I found was to restart the game.
I don't think I've seen the bug in the classic gui so you could try switching to that, unless you specifically use the bpm overlay to do stuff with a controller when you play.
I've got something fun in mind, don't worry.
Now I worry even more.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny that the Chinese people boycott or review bombs games that have no Chinese localization. And that their games only have Chinese.
This game looks awesome but it sucks that there is no English

Moar anime jibs
This is made by a Taiwanese real estate/construction firm. You heard it right, they are just branching out.

Last edited:

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

Criteria:

I am currently on the Fence about Graveyard keeper

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
A Coke and Tomb Raider collaboration makes sense.

Both are strangely popular despite being utterly average, and certainly inferior to their closest rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.