• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you relax?

• Out Run

Votes: 98 33.7%
  • Karaoke

Votes: 86 29.6%
  • Fishing

Votes: 32 11.0%
  • Dancing

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Mahjong

Votes: 55 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
DeathKnightIntro12MB.gif

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
God it's been so damn hot lately I can't play anything with pc without turning the room into an oven so I'm falling behind I stuff I'm wanting to play

saaaaaaaaaaame

but I think I'll just catch up on some reading I've put off to play games on a new monitor

Juno

Oct 27, 2017
Played the Yakuza series on Playstation and it's awesome to read new people getting into it. Also wow at QueenOfHunting's generosity!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Well, some people feel that Valve owns then HL3 (or HL2E3) because the story was unfinished. And I don't think it's bad if you become upset and/or disappointed that a developer you used to like, no longer makes products you enjoy.
This goes back to what I wrote in my post: This is toxic and an improper way to view things.
Valve are not your partner nor your friend. They are a corporation, if it ends up that they want to take on other ventures that further the gaming space than provide a single product, then good for them, because as is, Steam is a neat platform and offers some useful tools for gaming on PC.

I've played various games over the years that no one would give a crap about and they didn't get concluding stories. I can get being upset about it, but the way it is towards Valve is overblown and silly; look at displeased fanbase of any franchise or series and you'll see why.

Well. as long as that feeling of disappointment doesn't turn into irrational hatred or toxicity like what we see on Era.
Except that isn't the case, and never will be, long as people don't get the fuck over it.

Deleted member 1781

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought yesterdat "I'm just going to play Y0 for a bit", ended completing the first chapter and I didn't want to stop.

Oct 25, 2017
https://store.steampowered.com/app/835430/LaMulana_2/

Just want to give an extra shoutout to La-Mulana 2 that was released a few days ago. 20 hours in and this is looking like my GOTY and most likely a Top 10 GOAT. Recommended for anyone who has always dreamed of an intense Metroidvania experience that genuinely requires you to think, explore incredibly obscure nooks and crannies and sometimes even stumble your way forward. Pen and paper for note taking and map drawing HIGHLY recommended and will increase your enjoyment of the game tenfold. While I recommend playing the first game before this if you care about plot twists in stories (the sequel instantly spoils the twists of the first game) I will also say that this is probably a BETTER starting point gameplay, mechanics and exploration-wise than the first game. So, if you don't really care about weird story reveals (and I'm sure the sequel has plenty of that ahead...) don't feel like missing out on the first game should hold you back from playing this.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
SEGA finally saw the light I see :D Now if only they are willing to push Atlus to develop for PC...

Oct 25, 2017
My X1 gamepad doesn't work in Yakuza 0. It gets recognized and the game even shows the button prompts but it doesn't actually work. Has anybody encountered the same problem?
This goes back to what I wrote in my post: This is toxic and an improper way to view things.
Valve are not your partner nor your friend. They are a corporation, if it ends up that they want to take on other ventures that further the gaming space than provide a single product, then good for them, because as is, Steam is a neat platform and offers some useful tools for gaming on PC.
I've played various games over the years that no one would give a crap about and they didn't get concluding stories. I can get being upset about it, but the way it is towards Valve is overblown and silly; look at displeased fanbase of any franchise or series and you'll see why.
Except that isn't the case, and never will be, long as people don't get the fuck over it.
What I really meant and what I was trying to say is that it doesn't annoy me personally if people say "Valve no longer makes games I enjoy". I'm fine with people expressing their disappointment (though maybe like you said, they shouldn't be disappointed in the first place), but people saying "Valve makes no games" in every Valve related thread is just annoying because it's untrue. It has become a meme at this point. (Plus, the fact that I've played Dota 2 - a Valve game that doesn't *count* on Era - more than any other game in my life makes it even more annoying :D)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
My X1 gamepad doesn't work in Yakuza 0. It gets recognized and the game even shows the button prompts but it doesn't actually work. Has anybody encountered the same problem?

What I really meant and what I was trying to say is that it doesn't annoy me personally if people say "Valve no longer makes games I enjoy". I'm fine with people expressing their disappointment (though maybe like you said, they shouldn't be disappointed in the first place), but people saying "Valve makes no games" in every Valve related thread is just annoying because it's untrue. It has become a meme at this point. (Plus, the fact that I've played Dota 2 - a Valve game that doesn't *count* on Era - more than any other game in my life makes it even more annoying :D)
I gotcha mate, it's ish you just gotta tune out and chortle at such comments.
Also sorry if my replies were rude in anyway :X

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omlette du fromage, shaka brahs. mrorange, I've finished the challenge already. 82 years of ingame time, less than 2 hours real time.

Here's France with all her cores, fulfilling the 'Azur semé de lis or' part of the challenge. Hon hon hon.

And here's France and my favourite NSFW Canadien Colonial Nation in charge of Toronto.

What game is this?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I sincerely hope Queen made those payments with a CC that has a cashback to it. Even at 1%, getting 50 Quid back ain't so bad.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Looks like we can count on Yakuza 6 to come to PC, according to Sega's 2019 fiscal report

a2gKq1F.jpg
Ok. So what else do we think will be in Segas "Best of Japan on PC" on E3 2019? :)

I am filled with joy today. Got to play Yakuza 0 yesterday and today the inlaws left after a waaaaay too long visit to our home. Shame I will have to clean up after the dorks for the whole day, in this heat. At least the reward of more Yakuza when done is the best motivator.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ok. So what else do we think will be in Segas "Best of Japan on PC" on E3 2019? :)

I am filled with joy today. Got to play Yakuza 0 yesterday and today the inlaws left after a waaaaay too long visit to our home. Shame I will have to clean up after the dorks for the whole day, in this heat. At least the reward of more Yakuza when done is the best motivator.
Hook me up with that glorious AM2 and AM3 gaming goodness SEGA.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

THE FINAL BASTION AGAINST PC MUSTARDRACE PORTBEGGING WILL FALL
source.gif

Can't say I care about Artifact but boy the salt surrounding it is hilarious.

GAMING GODS RISE UP

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017

now that Yakuza is a thing can we get Persona on PC please

suikoder

Oct 25, 2017
we still need RoF, just reminding, but yeah, I'd take Persona on PC too.

in other news
I see we suck at dancing, figures

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
The Square Enix Merchandise store is so incompetent

I preordered two figurines November last year, they released march this year, but where only shipped to me this month.
Now, the shipping service DPD couldn't deliver the package because they couldn't find my address.
Guess what, Square Enix didn't told them my House Number (Even though it's written in my shipping address in the SE store).

Add to that they charge you fucking 30€ for shipping, no matter what you buy

oEfT4Rf.jpg

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Atlus ever do make the switch, SMT5 being an Unreal Engine game should make it fairly easy to port.

But it's Atlus, so...

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of ports, this time not from SEGA, I wish the most recent entry from the Splatterhouse series (from 2010) would make it to PC/Steam.

While some reviewers gave it a mediocre score, which scared some people from buying it, the game was a blast to play, a rare 3D beat'em up I loved playing. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I completed the game 3 times in a row (for each of the difficulty levels), and was a rare title I 100%ed on the Xbox 360. Sadly, my 360 broke down, and I can't play it anymore.

It was a rare reboot done right: the game has a very fun B-movie ambience, the combat is a blast, full of easy to pull combos (and very gory; some moves have finishers like something out of Mortal Kombat), the voice acting is one of the most enjoyable I recall hearing in a game (with some awesome voice acting by Jim Cummings, the voice of Darkwing Duck, as the devious Mask), a soundtrack with both original and licensed metal tracks, that despite not being a genre I usually enjoy, it complemented the gameplay perfectly, and a whole bunch of homages to the previous entries in the series (including some 2.5D sequences that resembled scenes from the previous games).
On top of it all, it also included the arcade version of the original Splatterhouse, and the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis games Splatterhouse 2 and Splatterhouse 3.

Another cool thing about a possible PC version, is that the game is full of scrapped assets, levels, and other content, because the game switched developers, and much of the old content was changed or scrapped altogether. Modders managed to access some of this content on the Xbox 360, on PC there would be a decent chance of mods that unlocked some of this content.

BANDAI NAMCO has been porting everything to PC, even older titles, but sadly, this one wasn't one of them.

In a time where even titles such as Bullet Witch get ported to PC, I wish someone would take a chance on it. I'm sure if it was priced decently, the game could sell a few copies. If nothing else, because of the inclusion of the original games.

Ghostlight_Ross , I know you mainly release JRPGs, but is there any chance you may consider taking a look at releasing this game?

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to force ran game through AMD driver?

I dont see it and googlefu only mention the years old method

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Speaking of ports, this time not from SEGA, I wish the most recent entry from the Splatterhouse series (from 2010) would make it to PC/Steam.

While some reviewers gave it a mediocre score, which scared some people from buying it, the game was a blast to play, a rare 3D beat'em up I loved playing. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I completed the game 3 times in a row (for each of the difficulty levels), and was a rare title I 100%ed on the Xbox 360. Sadly, my 360 broke down, and I can't play it anymore.

It was a rare reboot done right: the game has a very fun B-movie ambience, the combat is a blast, full of easy to pull combos (and very gory; some moves have finishers like something out of Mortal Kombat), the voice acting is one of the most enjoyable I recall hearing in a game (with some awesome voice acting by Jim Cummings, the voice of Darkwing Duck, as the devious Mask), a soundtrack with both original and licensed metal tracks, that despite not being a genre I usually enjoy, it complemented the gameplay perfectly, and a whole bunch of homages to the previous entries in the series (including some 2.5D sequences that resembled scenes from the previous games).
On top of it all, it also included the arcade version of the original Splatterhouse, and the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis games Splatterhouse 2 and Splatterhouse 3.

Another cool thing about a possible PC version, is that the game is full of scrapped assets, levels, and other content, because the game switched developers, and much of the old content was changed or scrapped altogether. Modders managed to access some of this content on the Xbox 360, on PC there would be a decent chance of mods that unlocked some of this content.

BANDAI NAMCO has been porting everything to PC, even older titles, but sadly, this one wasn't one of them.

In a time where even titles such as Bullet Witch get ported to PC, I wish someone would take a chance on it. I'm sure if it was priced decently, the game could sell a few copies. If nothing else, because of the inclusion of the original games.

Ghostlight_Ross , I know you mainly release JRPGs, but is there any chance you may consider taking a look at releasing this game?

Oh man, yes.
Bamco has various titles from the Wii and PS360 era I'd like to get a re release for preservation purposes even if at best they are mediocre.
Aside from Splatterhouse there is also Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, which was some Ico/Legend of Zelda like game. There's also that Klonoa Collection I've been waiting 5 years for now.

While emulating PS3 games is possible now, I wouldn't mind a proper PC release.

Status
Not open for further replies.