• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Transistor was in some ways a step up from Bastion given that it offered 2 (and a half?) different ways to play through the campaign. Also the OST and overall production were better imo.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Remember a few years ago when games having narrators was a bit of a fad? I have to assume Portal was the main inspiration, though Darkest Dungeon ended up being the one that pulled it off the best imo. It's less what the narrator sounds like, and more about the material they're given.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Valve learning from the best:

EGS: Steam took additional measures and you can no longer activate keys using VPNs.
Here I wondered what I did wrong when trying to activate Sniper Elite the other day... Can you just enter a fake adress and change your location without fearing any problems (ban)?

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Here I wondered what I did wrong when trying to activate Sniper Elite the other day... Can you just enter a fake adress and change your location without fearing any problems (ban)?
It is against the SSA but I don't think they've banned anyone for doing that.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Etxqyxk.png

Has anyone had this? Tried changing my status, resizing the window but my status always get cut off.
I'm actually playing DOOM and not DOO.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

I presume key activations are now bound by the same rules as gift activations, which means that unless your IP and the "home region" of your account match that of the key (i.e. you've most recently purchased something from the Steam Store of that region and are connected to the relevant VPN server), the key won't activate.

On the "bright" side, going forward we should see fewer runtime/language-locked retail subs.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, as razakin told me through Discord, it is still possible to search for users through community, as a way to search friends through name without using the friend code. I would contact Alden (or any other Steam guy) to at least put that option in the "Add friend" page, as it can still be somewhat useful:

unknown.png

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, as razakin told me through Discord, it is still possible to search for users through community, as a way to search friends through name without using the friend code. I would contact Alden (or any other Steam guy) to at least put that option in the "Add friend" page, as it can still be somewhat useful:

unknown.png
Keyhole Spy tho.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about devcom:

Edit: They reconfirmed open beta for summer, so we are in the endgame now, only 1 month left for them to break the promise!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Bad news, Pathologic 2 studio in trouble

Game sold like shit, which is a damn shame because that means we won't see 2 additional campaigns that were initially planned. I love this game, it's very hard and weird, and most of the reviewers didn't understand what's going on in it and gave it bad scores. Ironically, the same happened when original Pathologic happened, but it didn't stop it from receiving cult status and selling well enough to keep the studio afloat. Unfortunately, no miracles this time... You can read the full interview about this game in russian here - «Иногда выгоднее проиграть войну, чем выиграть её»: большое интервью с Ice-Pick Lodge о «Море» — Gamedev на DTF

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I signed up for game pass and updated to the lastest verison of windows and I'm currently getting an error screen after clicking on Metro Exodus as I want to install it. Has anyone else encourted this same issue ?

Recore works just fine I had no problem adding that to my download queue
That's ms store working as intended.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Talking about devcom:

Edit: They reconfirmed open beta for summer, so we are in the endgame now, only 1 month left for them to break the promise!

I'm a little surprised the matter of the cut wasn't pressed on. Valve has hosted numerous indie-oriented roundtables since the launch of EGS, and I have to imagine the question of "Have you considered revamping your base revenue cut?" has been a popular one. (I think it'll happen, probably circa the end of the year.)

Also, automatic release state changes when? Automatic 👏 rolling 👏 unlocks 👏 need 👏 to 👏 be 👏 a 👏 thing 👏 already 👏.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
It is against the SSA but I don't think they've banned anyone for doing that.
I presume key activations are now bound by the same rules as gift activations, which means that unless your IP and the "home region" of your account match that of the key (i.e. you've most recently purchased something from the Steam Store of that region and are connected to the relevant VPN server), the key won't activate.

On the "bright" side, going forward we should see fewer runtime/language-locked retail subs.
That sucks. I don't want any price benefits or something like that. I just want to activate stuff that is not sold at all over here. :(

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Game sold like shit, which is a damn shame because that means we won't see 2 additional campaigns that were initially planned. I love this game, it's very hard and weird, and most of the reviewers didn't understand what's going on in it and gave it bad scores. Ironically, the same happened when original Pathologic happened, but it didn't stop it from receiving cult status and selling well enough to keep the studio afloat. Unfortunately, no miracles this time... You can read the full interview about this game in russian here - «Иногда выгоднее проиграть войну, чем выиграть её»: большое интервью с Ice-Pick Lodge о «Море» — Gamedev на DTF

As a Kickstarter backer for Pathologic 2, all I can say is... shit.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little surprised the matter of the cut wasn't pressed on. Valve has hosted numerous indie-oriented roundtables since the launch of EGS, and I have to imagine the question of "Have you considered revamping your base revenue cut?" has been a popular one. (I think it'll happen, probably circa the end of the year.)

Also, automatic release state changes when? Automatic 👏 rolling 👏 unlocks 👏 need 👏 to 👏 be 👏 a 👏 thing 👏 already 👏.
We need to have a Steam contact people in here. Let our voices be heard!

Blu

Oct 25, 2017

New dota 2 hero. I haven't played this in such a long time. Cool that they're making more original characters.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Dang.
How scary of a game is it? I avoided it due to being a horror title :X

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

strangely its still not out on xbox, thus not out on gamepass (it was announced as a day 1 gamepass agea ago), I bring this up because much like the EGS situation, we are lead to believe devs get a big nut from Microsoft for having games on gamepass.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Favorite studio, fucking gutted

Been checking the forums almost every day since launch for news and not what I was hoping for ;-;

Last edited:

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I doubt the reviews had too much of an impact on Pathologic 2's sales. The audience for that type of art game is exceptionally small.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How often do you guys mark owned games as "ignored"?
I have quite a few. maybe 40? They're typically the kind of games I've finished and never intend to play ever again. Also, either games that have been superseded (like Dark Souls=>Dark Souls Remaster, or SF4=>SSF4). Finally, some games where the beta branch is different from the release branch, but you still have the beta branch in your library even years after the game is released.
It's necessary to avoid being too cluttered.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
90% of the games on my ignore list are work sims (train, farming, etc.). I'd ignore the simulation tag entirely if stuff like Ace Combat (lol) didn't have it applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.