• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i almost gave up on PC gaming. still not quite sure if i will ever upgrade my PC for gaming again. i've just had a lot of hassle recently that has put me off a bit.

i had a 6700K/RTX 2080 and i felt like my 6700K would hold my GPU back. i started to notice bottlenecking since buying my 2080. it definitely would struggle now that 6 and 8 cores are standard and more games will make more and more use of the cores/threads especially when next gen arrives next year.. a 4 core cpu in 2019 is a bit of a joke.

i went for a 3700X but that didn't work out (can't be bothered thinking about it or typing it all out). so now I got a 9900K which certainly won't hold back my 2080! i expect this system (with 32GB RAM) will last me a good while yet. maybe by the time it's struggling then I will be willing to upgrade my PC for gaming again. but right now my plan is to ride this system out until the GPU is done then I'll get a low end GPU just so i don't need to use my 9900K's graphics. I'll just use it for browsing the internet/watching movies/listening to music etc.

all i ask of this system is to be able to run games like Doom Eternal, Death Stranding (if it comes to PC), Star Wars: Fallen Jedi, Watch Dogs: Legion, Cyberpunk 2077, Flight Simulator, and Halo: Infinite.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, I'd chase it up. The request may have been flagged for manual review only to get lost in the shuffle.
I'm kind of stumped how to contact a human at Steam support these days, haven't had to do this in some years.
I don't see a way to actually write a thing to them, I can only go through their FAQs and when I click through the refund menu point and it says that my refund request has been received on Jul 30 (duh!) and the option to cancel my request which I am hesitant to do.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I'm kind of stumped how to contact a human at Steam support these days, haven't had to do this in some years.
I don't see a way to actually write a thing to them, I can only go through their FAQs and when I click through the refund menu point and it says that my refund request has been received on Jul 30 (duh!) and the option to cancel my request which I am hesitant to do.

https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/ -> click on the transaction for which you submitted a refund request -> click "I have a question about this purchase".

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
i almost gave up on PC gaming. still not quite sure if i will ever upgrade my PC for gaming again. i've just had a lot of hassle recently that has put me off a bit.

i had a 6700K/RTX 2080 and i felt like my 6700K would hold my GPU back. i started to notice bottlenecking since buying my 2080. it definitely would struggle now that 6 and 8 cores are standard and more games will make more and more use of the cores/threads especially when next gen arrives next year.. a 4 core cpu in 2019 is a bit of a joke.

i went for a 3700X but that didn't work out (can't be bothered thinking about it or typing it all out). so now I got a 9900K which certainly won't hold back my 2080! i expect this system (with 32GB RAM) will last me a good while yet. maybe by the time it's struggling then I will be willing to upgrade my PC for gaming again. but right now my plan is to ride this system out until the GPU is done then I'll get a low end GPU just so i don't need to use my 9900K's graphics. I'll just use it for browsing the internet/watching movies/listening to music etc.

all i ask of this system is to be able to run games like Doom Eternal, Death Stranding (if it comes to PC), Star Wars: Fallen Jedi, Watch Dogs: Legion, Cyberpunk 2077, Flight Simulator, and Halo: Infinite.

Yeah, I was in the same boat. I was thinking to ditch PC gaming and switch entirely to console since my rig couldn't really play AAA games well, and I couldn't afford to upgrade it for the next year or two.

But the thought of abandoning the abundance of great indie games on PC and some PC exclusive genres/games, especially Total War series, made me reconsider the whole thing. And the fact PlayStation Asia has fewer indie games than its American/EU counterpart kinda made me leaning to stick with PC gaming.

If I'm fine with playing games on 720P (yes, I'm still playing on HD resolution in 2019) now, I think I'll be fine playing current/future games on 1080P for the next decade lol
But it's a shame that sales on Steam aren't that exciting compared to PSN. Even if many PSN games are launched at higher prices than Steam, they will get better discounts than Steam.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

That build (2080 and 6700K) is gonna be better than the base next gen console. A 4 core cpu in 2019 is not a joke... multi core efficiency is still veeeery far off (and not really as great as many people think), so your current CPU is still good, although next gen we might see consoles having a not-trash CPU.

I think you are feeling the next console hype where "everything will be running at 4k and 60fps"... but it wont.

And about PSN vs Steam sales, I would say PC (not only Steam) sales tend to be better, mainly because there are many stores running and competing for the discounts, and I never really found their discounts (except their first party titles discounts) to be that much better than PC (if anything, the discounts have become more standard everywhere if we talk digital).

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Any news about the UI refresh for Steam? Is kinda weird having mixed UI design now between the library/store and friends lists.

Valve has talk about UI update (and other things) @ devcom in 7 days. We'll hear more then.
(Assuming someone tweets from there or valve shares something online too)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Wolfenstein Youngblood is only £15.99 on CDKeys today - worth getting at that price as someone who enjoyed the previous games but will be playing it solo?

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
What's the current state of Metro Exodus on the windows store ? Have the issues the game had been fixed thinking about signing up for game pass

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Since when is this a thing?
How does GoG Galaxy 2 detect people playing Nintendo games? Can you link your Nintendo account or something?
5U0X4OE.png

Wolfenstein Youngblood is only £15.99 on CDKeys today - worth getting at that price as someone who enjoyed the previous games but will be playing it solo?
This is probably gonna sound weird, but do you like games like Destiny?

Last edited:

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess someone did the equivalent of plugging Minesweeper.exe into Steam under the title "Microsoft World Domination". Assuming GOG Galaxy 2.0 can do the same thing but with covers.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess someone did the equivalent of plugging Minesweeper.exe into Steam under the title "Microsoft World Domination". Assuming GOG Galaxy 2.0 can do the same thing but with covers.
There's a whole page for those tho, including meta-score, trailers etc.
I also don't have any friends using Galaxy so this has to be universal

Edit: Okay, that explains it

Now it also makes sense why Ooblets is on that list lol

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow Zenos from FF14 is still a better villain then Ardyn. Damn was ff15 a shitshow all around.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I know that EGS is starting to implement cloud saves on specific games... Do we know if Rebel Galaxy Outlwas will get them when coming out this week?

Edit: Ok, the official twitter account confirmed that cloud saves are in.

Last edited:

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
News on CAT Interstellar:

On September 7th CAT Interstellar will be 100% free!!!

On a more serious note, I wanted to thank everyone for their support of this goofy little project. In total we've shipped about 100,000 units through Steam, Humble Bundle, and the Playstation Store. It's worth noting that the vast majority of those were purchased through bundles and Steam Sales. While I honestly never expected the game to produce any profit, it grossed on average $8,000/yr over the 4 years it's been on the market (after taxes and royalties). I'm very honored to say that the bulk of that revenue went to either my wife and I fostering over 30 animals or was donated to our local humane society. I tried not to promote that fact until we had essentially cut the revenue stream since it seemed like a sleazy sales tactic. I wanted to mention it now since it was you all who helped make that happen.

It has been a bizarre and amazing experience to be able to help our four-legged friends through a weird little Indie game on Steam. This will be our last sale before the game goes completely free.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Why am I listening Hong Kong rap while driving in Sleeping Dogs when I don't understand a thing? XD I guess it just feels weird listening anything else if you want full immersion XD

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I listening Hong Kong rap while driving in Sleeping Dogs when I don't understand a thing? XD I guess it just feels weird listening anything else if you want full immersion XD
Probably the same reason the best radio station in GTA 4 is Vladistok FM (Besides the talk shows and commercials)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

I tend to listen to the classical music channel when a game has one, but all the ones in Sleepy Dogs were great tbh.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, you were correct. Turned the AA down a bit, and now I'm getting 100+ FPS. You da man (or lady)!

No problem :D and I am guy :D

Game needs and deserves a sequel. Or at least a spiritual successor. Still don't know if I should buy the definitive version since I have the original with all of the DLC.

I went for it and I am currently playing Definitive Edition. It was cheap enough and it has all DLCs and tweaked balance from what I saw.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
No problem :D and I am guy :D

I went for it and I am currently playing Definitive Edition. It was cheap enough and it has all DLCs and tweaked balance from what I saw.
The bottom dollar pricing is what caught my eye; I'll take your word for it that it's worth it tho.

I'll buy it and drive around Hong Kong, punching people in the face some more.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The bottom dollar pricing is what caught my eye; I'll take your word for it that it's worth it tho.

I'll buy it and drive around Hong Kong, punching people in the face some more.

For me it was cheap enough to warrant double dipping. I posted screenshots from opening part so you can see differences, at least in that opening section. I will try to post more comparisons today.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what they will do for the Enhanced Edition.
System Shock 2 is such a great game but in dire need for some updates and I don't mean the visuals.

closer

Oct 25, 2017

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes

Interesting, some old Ubisoft stuff that you can't get on Steam, some more games from devs/pubs that have already sold out and plenty of hints of new purchases. Seems to indicate a continuation of the same policy, buy up devs/pubs that already have hits, let them prove their worth in the dirty cesspit of steam then they can get a look in behind the wall. The next games from the Celeste, Everything and Next Up Hero (lols) will go exclusive with everything by Raw Fury. The dev of Last Night was very effusive in his EGS support. You can have that one Tim, it's all yours. Be some interesting headlines when it launches on EGS.

Also maybe Phil isn't retired/dead.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I have a BenQ XL2411 monitor that I bought when I built the PC 5 or so years ago and am FINALLY looking to get a second monitor, I would like to stay in the BenQ family simply for aesthetic reasons and am not entirely sure with what to get. I'm fine with keeping this one as my main gaming monitor, so I don't want to spend all that much, but I did notice that Amazon has the XL2411P for $200. Thats a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but would it be a good fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.