• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

As a David O'Reilly fangirl, I'm absolutely here for Everything! Although I might end up buying it on Steam too cause I wanna support devs I like.

Also maybe Phil isn't retired/dead.

I personally never believed him to be. He's probably living his best game dev life, hidden & incognito, which, after all the crap he went through, is totally deserved.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Phil Fish didn't retire, he just bowed out of the public eye for a while.

He did design on SuperHyperCube:

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
at least CPUs were good ...

Read the article. Pure trash clickbait headline.

Cards aren't normally getting that hot at load based on plenty of reviews, and the dual and triple fan cards coming out this week will drop temps even further.

A $399 card that keeps up with a Radeon vii/2080/1080 ti isn't bad at all.

But yes amd does keep fucking up by launching only the reference design.

They did they same thing with the 290x. People thought they were hot loud trash for years based on reference launch reviews when in reality a nice aftermarket card was as good as a 980 a card that came out a year after it. Everyone just based the perf on the reference launch reviews.

Based on Navi with 40 cus I actually expect a 64+ cu large Navi to be a complete beast. Timing is going to matter though as Nvidia will also have new cards soon.

Amd actually is catching up though, which is good for everyone. Hopefully they can continue to close the release date and performance gap.

Last edited:

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
110 Celsius is expected and within specs???? The hell....
You want sick burns or not.
I personally never believed him to be. He's probably living his best game dev life, hidden & incognito, which, after all the crap he went through, is totally deserved.
If you can't style on anonymouses like this

7h74B8u.jpg

6UVVG1y.png

better stay anonymous yourself.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Some interesting data about how they normalize the data from the games in the interactive game discovery tool.
Thought you might be interested in the info.

Thanks. This is what I understood back then (and I have just noticed the answers below). I realize it was clarified later.

Edit: I found this Gamasutra article about the old discovery queue. It is written by the dude whom Tony Cox was answering to. It is nice to see how big of a step it was to go from discovery queue to interactive recommender.

We look at your percentile compared to the overall distribution (effectively the "z-score"), because different games have differently shaped distributions.

Percentile ranks and Z-scores are not the exact same thing. I guess they went for Z-scores because it is cheaper to compute, and is good enough for their purpose. Plus, given the amount of data, everything might look like a bell curve.

In addition, the model gets to "learn" an arbitrary transformation (that may differ per game). It's ML magic!

I assume he means that the playtime (percentile rank) is fed to a neural network, as one of the inputs, which will "transform" it.
I don't think it has anything to do with playtime normalization.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is it me or do enemies in Dishonored have like super good vision? I'd be a good distance from a soldier and he could still spot me :V

I think I'm gonna go with a no knock out run as much as possible because I still think this game is stingy on knocked out enemies and counting them as killed even if you put them as far away from rats as possible.

A Kickstarter that has stuck to it's promises, and releases on Steam, for Windows, Mac and Linux, at launch. And adds a GOG release as well.

Support this game.
If humble offers a drm free copy too, I'll get it off there, otherwise I think I will go for GOG myself :3

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Because of their long experience of government and administration, they are experts at managing the population of their lands. They receive a taxation bonus and are highly efficient at repression. They also spend money wisely, and they pay less upkeep for land units. All their garrison troops are also of high quality.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So... did they just make a standalone expansion into a separate game without adding anything new?

Also, the Obama faction xD

It's so when they announce a new Total War Saga title, people might think of Fall of the Samurai rather than Thrones of Britannia.

I can see why, if they are using Fall of the Samurai as the sort of level they want to reach in a Total War Saga game, as opposed to a full blown TW game.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I think I'm gonna go with a no knock out run as much as possible because I still think this game is stingy on knocked out enemies and counting them as killed even if you put them as far away from rats as possible.

I believe the key to leaving knocked out bodies around is not how far they are from rats, it's whether they are off of the base ground. I believe if you stack bodies on boxes or whatever, they are out of rat range.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
The best way to play dishonored is a speed-run at ultra high-chaos, really using all those rad abilities you have to full-extend turning it into one of the best modern superhero games.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I'm surprised but Death of the Outsider is excellent. Really nice to be back in the world of Dishonored. What a fantastic series.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue Galaxy Outlaw is coming out tomorrow right?

At what time do games normally release on the EGS?

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so enjoying with Prey, it almost fills no Bioshock gap for this gen. Traveling in Talos I is something else! Damn, i just don't wanna finish it. :/

Also curse you Poltergeist Typhon lol.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The best way to play dishonored is a speed-run at ultra high-chaos, really using all those rad abilities you have to full-extend turning it into one of the best modern superhero games.

The best way is to play it is multiple times in different ways since you miss a bunch of stuff either way and they're pretty different experiences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.