• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Some new information about Coteries of New York dropped earlier. Sounds promising.

• Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs in New York
  • It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in the rich, fully-licensed, globally-recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
  • Coteries of New York present players with choices that matter, aiming to deliver a dark, atmospheric, and emotional narration mixed with morally challenging dilemmas, and many potential paths leading to the story's finale.
  • We plan to include significant branching and reactivity, so that the players feel their decisions influence the world around them and encourage multiple playthroughs for those invested in the world and story of Coteries of New York.
  • You are a newly-fledged vampire in New York. You must learn what it means to be one of the Kindred in a huge, vibrant, contemporary metropolis.
  • You will make choices for your character, including which storylines to pursue and how to approach the different situations presented. You will be presented with branching dialogue choices, memorable characters - all among iconic locales of New York City. You'll be able to use Disciplines appropriate to your clan to charm, sneak, intimidate or kill, and your choices will determine your path.
  • You'll build your Coterie and learn your undead companions' deepest secrets… or see them abandon you.
  • Although you start off as part of the authoritarian vampire sect called the Camarilla, you soon learn that other factions exist - chief among them, the independent Anarchs. Your paths will inevitably cross theirs, but whether you choose to shun them, or try to learn more about what they represent, will be your decision.
  • While the game is primarily text-driven and story oriented, several mechanics reflect the dark truths of being one of the Kindred.
  • Hunger is used to indicate the constant need for blood that vampires must deal with nightly. Characters have the opportunity to hunt for blood during quests. Ignoring this need leads to warnings in the game's fiction, and if disregarded for too long, to consequences that include succumbing to the Beast
  • Humanity is a measure of how moral and rooted in humanistic principles the character is. This rating is used by the game to modify the results of choices in quests, offer additional story choices, or even lock certain choices out.
  • Finally, the Masquerade rating tracks how well the character blends in with mortal society. Staying inconspicuous and hidden from prying eyes is even more important for vampires than ever, due to the existence of the so-called Second Inquisition, a clandestine hunt for vampires concealed within global government agencies. Secrecy and not flaunting your supernatural powers in the sight of mortals is of utmost importance.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Surprise sneeze while I was pouring my coffee. This day is starting out great already.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Crying-Gif.gif

Literally nobody asked for this. What's next? The Australian posting again... oh wait. Fuck.

We're bringing this bad boy back to the good ol days.
Remember when I would reply to every post in the thread lol.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Hey guys wonder if anyone can help. Sequence of events:

1) Fresh install windows 10 pro.
2) Got gamepass for PC.
3) Downloaded Forza Horizon 4.
4) Downloaded Crosscode and Wargroove.
5) Installed Xbox app, it automatically listed Crosscode and Wargroove but did not detect FH4.
6) Booted up FH4 via the start button > recent app.
7) Not feeling it so uninstalled it via right click > uninstall.
8) Did not free up the 73GB space. Panic.
9) Disk clean up, etc etc. No dice.

I can't even see how large is the WindowsApps folder and there is a 100GB or so discrepancy between space available vs used. Any suggestions?
Chalk another one up to windows store nightmare eh.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Hey guys wonder if anyone can help. Sequence of events:

1) Fresh install windows 10 pro.
2) Got gamepass for PC.
3) Downloaded Forza Horizon 4.
4) Downloaded Crosscode and Wargroove.
5) Installed Xbox app, it automatically listed Crosscode and Wargroove but did not detect FH4.
6) Booted up FH4 via the start button > recent app.
7) Not feeling it so uninstalled it via right click > uninstall.
8) Did not free up the 73GB space. Panic.
9) Disk clean up, etc etc. No dice.

I can't even see how large is the WindowsApps folder and there is a 100GB or so discrepancy between space available vs used. Any suggestions?
Chalk another one up to windows store nightmare eh.
I just reinstalled FH4 today as well, and it also isn't being detected by the Xbox app.

Go to settings > Apps, and see if it's still listed in there.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
We're bringing this bad boy back to the good ol days.
Remember when I would reply to every post in the thread lol.

Jaw... why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my keyboard and my mouse... even my tiddymousepad... the community I've lost... the users I've lost... won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm the one who got caught up with Resetera. A group above communities... even the Steamgaf. And I was the parasite below, feeding off Cerium's power. They came after you in Steamchats... then Discord..Resetera... just keeps growing. Swallowing everything in it's path. Getting bigger and bigger... Who knows how big now? Jaw I'm gonna make 'em give back our past... take back everything that we've lost. And I won't rest... until we do.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
unknown.png

"We do not know yet, but we will have an announcement that will make it clearer."

Totally not lying! They really dont know.

Quote me in a few weeks, when that announcement comes:

-EGS exclusive
-Kickstarter and early backers can choose to get a Steam key 1 year later if they want

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this the week in which we are supposed to get more infos regardless the Steam Client update? Remember that there is supposed to be a talk by somebody from Valve at a game dev convention

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

583591894215426056.png

Jaw... why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my keyboard and my mouse... even my tiddymousepad... the community I've lost... the users I've lost... won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm the one who got caught up with Resetera. A group above communities... even the Steamgaf. And I was the parasite below, feeding off Cerium's power. They came after you in Steamchats... then Discord..Resetera... just keeps growing. Swallowing everything in it's path. Getting bigger and bigger... Who knows how big now? Jaw I'm gonna make 'em give back our past... take back everything that we've lost. And I won't rest... until we do.
Just needs the accompanying music behind it lol

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I just reinstalled FH4 today as well, and it also isn't being detected by the Xbox app.

Go to settings > Apps, and see if it's still listed in there.

Yeah I couldn't find it there previously. I don't want to install something third party app just to have a look at my own folder, come on MS.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
unknown.png

"We do not know yet, but we will have an announcement that will make it clearer."

-EGS exclusive
-Kickstarter and early backers can choose to get a Steam key 1 year later if they want

They never said that backers will get in on Steam on release XD

Oct 25, 2017
Since Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 got announced, the original Bloodlines has received less and lower discounts. Just looking at the history on IsThereAnyDeal shows that it used to be 75% off regularly nearly all the time somewhere. Now it's just getting the occasional 25% off discount, as it was on Steam Summer Sale and currently on Humble Store. I get an additional 20% off for being a Humble Monthly subscriber, but it's still more than before.

Sucks as a latecomer.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
unknown.png

-EGS exclusive

No-one makes a deal in one week.
So they are in talk with EGS for a long time and are close to a deal. They just don't know if the deal will come through.
If they were not in talks with Epic, they would not start and finish those talks in one week.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

Not super convincing.

For instance:

You'd be expect that by having 90% of the marketing done on Linux would lead up to 90% of the sales being on Linux right?

No. If Linux accounted for 0.01% of the userbase, and 99.99% of your marketing only targeted Linux, then nobody would expect 99.99% of your sales to be on Linux.

Or:

percentage of my linux sales [...] 36% [...] For every Linux sale I got two more sales on Windows.

Isn't that repeating that 1/3 of his sales are on Linux?

Last edited:

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
No-one makes a deal in one week.
So they are in talk with EGS for a long time and are close to a deal. They just don't know if the deal will come through.
If they were not in talks with Epic, they would not start and finish those talks in one week.

I feel it's more likely they accepted a deal awhile ago and they're just keeping quiet until Gamescom where Epic will probably have a sizzle reel of new game exclusivity announcements. I'm sure at this point any dev would prefer to get that announcement out of the way with the relative safety of a number of other titles as opposed to being caught up in the quagmire of having all the EGS ire to themselves for a week.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I feel it's more likely they accepted a deal awhile ago and they're just keeping quiet until Gamescom where Epic will probably have a sizzle reel of new game exclusivity announcements. I'm sure at this point any dev would prefer to get that announcement out of the way with the relative safety of a number of other titles as opposed to being caught up in the quagmire of having all the EGS ire to themselves for a week.

Sounds about right.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, might be getting some extra income in the next few weeks in the form of Iron Harvest refund. I really hope they don't sign EGS exclusivity deal because this one is shaping up to be a pretty good game but ultimately if someone hands guaranteed sales to RTS developer that isn't Blizzard, it's probably worth taking the money. If things turn sour, they can just form up a new company and that's that.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Metro Exodus is already 15$ on PS4. And they will charge 60$ on Steam for sure when they release Complete Edition next year.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Exodus is already 15$ on PS4. And they will charge 60$ on Steam for sure when they release Complete Edition next year.
Obviously.
You can always lower the price later on.

If somebody is willing to wait a year and then buy the game on Steam they will also be willing to wait 3 more months to get it cheaper.
Nobody is going to be like "Well, I waited a full year, didn't get it on Gamepass and was ready to buy it day 1 on Steam but now that you charge 60$ I will never ever buy it"

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I've been replaying Borderlands now that I can play it on PC, and playing BL2 with Physx does make a difference. It looks so good all of that particles and stuff, it's gorgeous. But the performance takes a huge hit. It's better on The Pre Sequel, but still, I wish there was improvements on that because it's hard to go back to Physx on Low

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously.
You can always lower the price later on.

If somebody is willing to wait a year and then buy the game on Steam they will also be willing to wait 3 more months to get it cheaper.
Nobody is going to be like "Well, I waited a full year, didn't get it on Gamepass and was ready to buy it day 1 on Steam but now that you charge 60$ I will never ever buy it"

It's interesting 'cause while I was initially interested in Exodus around launch, I told myself that I'd just wait for it to drop on Steam.

But now that some months have passed I've found that my interest has completely dried up. It feels like the ship has sailed and I no longer feel like playing the game at all.

Wonder how many other EGS timed-exclusives will suffer the same fate.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's time I came back and posted more in here. People already forgetting i'm one of the OGs.
More DinoCrisis speculation posts in pc era?

It's interesting 'cause while I was initially interested in Exodus around launch, I told myself that I'd just wait for it to drop on Steam.

But now that some months have passed I've found that my interest has completely dried up. It feels like the ship has sailed and I no longer feel like playing the game at all.

I made the mistake of starting Metro2035 in earnest this week and now Metro is the one EGS game I actually want once it comes out elsewhere (of known EGS games anyway). 0More post russian adventures with Artyom is a craving i cant fix with the older titles

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

depends on Quality, staying power, fun gameplay, etc.
And more and more people will realize, that 9 out of 10 times, the hype was vastly overrated.
Visibility will be even harder with a second launch. You have to take money in hand to do marketing a second time and the cheap marketing option to throw keys at streamers is out of the window, because they probably lost most of the streamers who were interested in the title to the first launch (not many >biggish streamers are boycotting EGS).

That could backfire for the industry if people are slowly converting to the wait-and-see crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.