• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks EdwardTivrusky and Gabbo! :)

Have they said what will happen with the Early Access campaign? My understanding is that it's a bespoke vertical slice rather than an early look at the first level/s.

Edit: Come to think of it, it doesn't matter either way as you can just download the current build via Steam's console.
Yeah, it just occurred to me that regardless of whether it's excised, you can just download the current build via Steam's console. Still, though, an in-game or launch option would be nice.
JaseC, just confirmed that the preview campaign will remain accessible in the final game via the extra modes menu option regardless of when people purchase the game. Just thought I should let you know!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
In OG Deus Ex Human Revolution, what're good weapons to keep in order to take down the bosses? The 3rd boss I have a tactic for, but what about the first 2? Going full stealth makes means not taking along much firepower, etc. so I want to at least take some weapons or explosives along the way to deal with them.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
In OG Deus Ex Human Revolution, what're good weapons to keep in order to take down the bosses? The 3rd boss I have a tactic for, but what about the first 2? Going full stealth makes means not taking along much firepower, etc. so I want to at least take some weapons or explosives along the way to deal with them.

Isn't stealth useless for bosses in original release? And if I remember correctly I didn't have that much issues with bosses, anything with big firepower is fine.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Isn't stealth useless for bosses in original release? And if I remember correctly I didn't have that much issues with bosses, anything with big firepower is fine.
I know that, but what're useful weapons to take with you; early in the game your are in Detroit, and there are weapon vendors and weapons you can pick up as you progress. You have limited carrying space however, so what's a suggested kind of firearm to take along for example.

It's been a while but the main gun I remember relying on was the heavy rifle, from cover if possible, with a liberal amount of frag grenades, which made short work of most of the bosses.
Thanks, that can help :)

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished chapter 1 of danganronpa v3 and I'm already what the fuck is happening in my life. I hate most of the cast tho, the fucking evil kid is so fucking annoying and the girl that can't speak a sentence without saying perv male is also very annoying. I can't say I like anyone but saihara and the tennis guy. D2 cast resonated a lot more with me at the beginning.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Seems like they added an option to mark a game as "Played on Another Platform", which is pretty nice.

56yu67iy35qfki3.png

---

On another note; anyone noticed their wishlist count is incorrect?

thg67je5gwfgen0kr0.png

I guess it's wishlisted apps that have since been removed from the store, but I'm not sure how I can delete all those in one go.

Edit: Yeah, turns out I have 42 unlisted games on my wishlist according to https://www.steamwishlistcalculator.com

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I know that, but what're useful weapons to take with you; early in the game your are in Detroit, and there are weapon vendors and weapons you can pick up as you progress. You have limited carrying space however, so what's a suggested kind of firearm to take along for example.

I just refreshed my memory and as I said whatever is available with biggest firepower is fine. Also EMP grenades work on most bosses.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I think my stealth/hacking-oriented Adam Jensen basically just spammed Typhoon over and over during those boss battles.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017

You can take down Barrett in his boss battle literally with nothing but barrels and gas cannisters. It's amazing. Just throw them at him.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks, that can help :)

Revolver. Can use painful ammo types, doesn't take up a lot space.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be playing the original ver. of the game as I mentioned so we'll see if I want to fling barrels at him instead, hehe.

I just refreshed my memory and as I said whatever is available with biggest firepower is fine. Also EMP grenades work on most bosses.
I remember using EMP grenades too in my previous playthroughs yeah. Will keep those around.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Labs is worth it already even if that is the only major update to the base Steam platform.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The game which I mentioned the other day was removed. Coincidence? Or should I say hello, Gabe?

Edit: A similar game by the same dev, and with the same kind of DLC policy was removed too.

Madjoki posted that:

Regarding cool girl games: We recently discovered that you have circumvented our systems to create and distribute more DLC for Boobs'em Up then we typically allow. By default, partners are allowed 100 pieces of DLC per appID. In rare instances, we allow more with our assistance. But you did not contact us, and instead manipulated our system again and again to create far more than 100 pieces of DLC. Manipulation of any system in Steam or Steamworks is unacceptable and a violation of our terms of service—we are not interested in doing business with individuals or organizations that abuse our tools. We have revoked your Steamworks access, removed all of your titles from sale, and have ended our business with you.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The game which I mentioned the other day was removed. Coincidence? Or should I say hello, Gabe?

Edit: A similar game by the same dev, and with the same kind of DLC policy was removed too.

People are contacting Valve employees on Twitter often regarding things like those so it is probably that. Sorry for bursting your bubble of hope XD

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
What happens if you click on "played on another platform", does it ignore the game from then on?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder summer in the northern hemisphere lasts until mid September!!

(and they never said summer in northern hemisphere so they might have referred to Australian summer)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah the character models look like they tried to copy the way the characters look from the artist's concept of them
17xj57dw2qw4ljpg.jpg

...but the end result was pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.