• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
what do you mean not be on sale? is this a "EGS doesnt exist" joke or something?

Not a joke. I'm saying, all the Early Access games i've seen have been available for play and to buy when entering Early Access. Hades can't be bought or played until December and is in Early Access. I intentionally try to avoid EA games so I might be wrong.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Not a joke. I'm saying, all the Early Access games i've seen have been available for play and to buy when entering Early Access. Hades can't be bought or played until December and is in Early Access. I intentionally try to avoid EA games so I might be wrong.
Some games that will launch in EA are announced some time before and have that yes. You dont need to wait for launch to put the blue "Early Access info" box.

But it can be bought, on the EGS, since last December.
I think he means that it is the first time he sees a game with the "Early Access info" box without being available for purchase in Steam.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
That's also not the case at all, any game that will be EA but can't be pre-ordered (but has a store page) has that lol.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
It is very common.

Unrelated:

dz47Lb0.png

Edit: There is something weird going on with Spintires. I think the devs messed up a free DLC, and the sub is tied to the game instead.

vru8eN9.png

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
Some games that will launch in EA are announced some time before and have that yes. You dont need to wait for launch to put the blue "Early Access info" box.

I think he means that it is the first time he sees a game with the "Early Access info" box without being available for purchase in Steam.

Ah, yes. I wasn't talking about EGS at all, just Steam. I found out there is an "upcoming" section for EA games where they're all unplayable/unpurchasable. Not uncommon at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about devcom:

Edit: They reconfirmed open beta for summer, so we are in the endgame now, only 1 month left for them to break the promise!

steam-devcom-2019-2-r471x.jpg

Can definitely see this working for both BPM and Desktop.

This also sounds pretty good to me:
People own hundreds of games in some cases and they might have played those titles a year ago or two years ago and forgotten about them while the developer keeps updating it. They don't go to the developer's website or the store page to learn about those new things. The new Library is really about how we surface this stuff to players where they are - in the Library - so they can see that a game they played two years ago has this major update and it's really cool. That's the cornerstone of the new library update. A bunch of it is that the community creates a bunch of interesting content, sharing screenshots and so on. Even looking more specifically at the micro-community of your friends in that game, how do you have a conversation about a game with your friends about a game. There's a new portion of the Activity Feed that's all about you and your friends having a conversation about that game, sharing ideas, asking questions, things like that.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
steam-devcom-2019-2-r471x.jpg

Can definitely see this working for both BPM and Desktop.

This also sounds pretty good to me:

I mean, the new fad (or well, the best solution right now in the mobile era) is having multipurpose UIs that just require small variations for them to work perfectly (such as location of ui elements or prompts), to avoid having multiple UIs that have to be updated simultaneously. I think that is their concept idea with the new UI (and why BPM hasnt been updated lately).

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017
Knights and Bikes keys are out for us backers. Can't wait to dive into the game this weekend.

Jun 14, 2019
kinder impressive remnant keeps beating its highest active user activity like every dya since release currently its

• 37,990 all-time player peak about 5 hours ago

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Knights and Bikes keys are out for us backers. Can't wait to dive into the game this weekend.

Redeemed my GOG Key. I was a bit tricked about it saying "Soon" in my library entry, but it's available for download right now if I click it, ready for me to play it. :)

Need to download it fast!

knightsandbikes_pedalpedal.gif

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had issues, particularly with the games through the Xbox app, with games holding on to keyboard input and only recognizing the controller when you move the sticks or press buttons?

Symptoms would include
1) cursor on screen and moving with the right stick
2) keyboard prompts in the screen, with changes to controller prompts if you touch the buttons or sticks
3) sometimes (but not always) this extends to the right stick simulating mouse movement, so you get wacky sensitivity in gameplay and difficulty aiming

I've sometimes been able to resolve it with a reboot, but it will come back when I launch a game later. I don't believe I see this through Steam launched games.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Enslaved has pre-rendered cutscenes
d83.jpg

They have all the ugliness of bloom and ps360 console limitations
d83.jpg

Behold how thanks to PC gaming, we can free these games from these oppressive disgusting shackles, though we must still suffer the pitiful weak Captialist consoles' limitations, the sum is greater than its parts
245280_20190824011803xujvw.png
245280_20190824012451b1jwq.png

245280_20190824011813d3ktb.png
245280_20190824012457dokg3.png

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm going to take the effort of going through my entire library this weekend and mark every game I'm not interested as such on Steam.
I'm wondering how it will affect the suggestions.

Technically, it should make my next discovery queue much more suited as I probably have something like 500 junk games in my account right now.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had issues, particularly with the games through the Xbox app, with games holding on to keyboard input and only recognizing the controller when you move the sticks or press buttons?

Symptoms would include
1) cursor on screen and moving with the right stick
2) keyboard prompts in the screen, with changes to controller prompts if you touch the buttons or sticks
3) sometimes (but not always) this extends to the right stick simulating mouse movement, so you get wacky sensitivity in gameplay and difficulty aiming

I've sometimes been able to resolve it with a reboot, but it will come back when I launch a game later. I don't believe I see this through Steam launched games.

Do you only have the one controller? If not, I'd try connecting another controller and see if the problem persists.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
It probably won't. Ignored games and publishers don't seem to affect the algorithm.

Yeah, I've ignored lots of games that I already own elsewhere and I still get similar games recommended to me. From what I can tell the ignore function only works on an individual basis, it isn't meant for you to tell Steam the type of games you don't like.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I really do love it when Gamepass PC Titles have achievements. I miss having an achievement infrastructure on PC that's a bit more sound than Steams.
Ape Out has been a lot of fun as well. Still bummed they didn't give a list to Hotline Miami though.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
What so good about it? W10 implementation is so intrusive (especially with default sounds) and fugly looking.

I have a long history with console games, so being able to play on PC with better performance and such while getting achievements that go towards that long running profile benefits me more. Steam to me never made such an impact to me with their achievement infrastructure, it's the easiest implementation to ignore (Which can be seen as a positive as well). I definitely see why people like them though, especially with how you can display your progress and such on specific titles.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Got an EU key of TW Rome 2 Empire Edition from Wingamestore. It asked me between EU and India and I chose EU as I didn't think IND region would redeem for me.
The EU key is region restricted for my UAE region I am set to atm it seems, so I'll try to switch back to my home region and try again. Worse case scenario...use a VPN to redeem the keys :V

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the Steam library redesign, but I just know that when it comes out I'll mess around with it for a few days and go right back to the pure and uncut stuff -- list view.

Status
Not open for further replies.