• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The list is crazy

Labour of Love

No mans sky? HAHAHAAHAHAHAH

Best Developer

Rockstar

Bethesda

2 developers that actively hate PC gaming, and Rockstar doesn't even bother to announce a PC version of RDR 2 and Bethesda who is actively smothering PC gaming with their godawful launcher. Will Epic be on the list next year?

Labor of love means that the company keeps working on, updating and improving a previously released game so No Mans Sky is actually the best option on Steam probably. Will definitely be voting for that one.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
is it still cool to think No Man's Sky is bad or something? It's not my cup of tea but I thought the general consensus behind that game is that the developer did a complete 180 on that games' image and actually delivered with its update

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I played a tiny bit of lost world and decided I never wanted to play it ever again.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
is it still cool to think No Man's Sky is bad or something? It's not my cup of tea but I thought the general consensus behind that game is that the developer did a complete 180 on that games' image and actually delivered with its update

It was also not as bad as people made it out to be at release too which was the last time I played it. Got a good 60 hours at launch and enjoyed it. Did not regret the purchase.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I played a tiny bit of lost world and decided I never wanted to play it ever again.
Honestly I just want it for completion's sake, but everything I've read up on it comes off as Team Sonic making a platformer but sticking to their olde ass assumption of making stages longer than they have freaking right to be (LOOKING AT YOU SONIC HEROES AND SHADOW!).
Lost World feels like it could've been an idea for a platformer but they stuck the Sonic label on it as it's their mainline platformer series and they don't have anything else that would've helped drive sales.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It's developers are scam artists but I guess they really wanted to stay in the industry so they buckled down with all the cash they got to "fix" their game.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, if Kingdom Come, Beat Saber and ETS2/Factorio/Space Engineers win, that will be three czech games on Steam awards.
Our dev scene is not fucking around.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

I want to make an 'I gave this x life' jojoke but I can't think of a good one so I'll just settle with this
e28.jpg

Nov 1, 2017
Weren't people complaining PUBG was on the list last year when it was still early access? Or it released LATE December? That's some 1000 IQ stuff right there.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
It's developers are scam artists but I guess they really wanted to stay in the industry so they buckled down with all the cash they got to "fix" their game.

lmfao
Eh. KC:D is one of the best RPGs released this year.

DLCs sucked, though.

Sure wish I could say the same. Felt very amateurish and a significant chunk of the mechanics implemented in the game felt half baked. Sort of like a game developed by Spiders.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why the fuck is a 125€ Warframe bundle in the top sellers?

Looks like it has nearly 4000 platinum, which is their premium currency that you'd normally pay closer to 200 dollars for, plus it gets access to the new item
/frame , so any types that are buying platinum anyway, it's by far the best deal on it.

Plus new content launched today.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
And other sales may not be that high because of upcoming sale and it's by revenue so high priced will quickly rise with relative fewer purchases.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Looks like it has nearly 4000 platinum, which is their premium currency that you'd normally pay closer to 200 dollars for, plus it gets access to the new item
/frame , so any types that are buying platinum anyway, it's by far the best deal on it.

Plus new content launched today.
Ayo I can make my character look like a cowboy? Can I only get that form by buying DLC or is it unlockable ingame?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. Neat game.

Playing on Normal was the right choice for me. Made stealth much more enjoyable since abilities refresh after every fight instead of after kills. Hope that if they make another one that they maybe build out the stealth. Being able to fully stealth an area was pretty cool.

Also the world needs to get on Swedish SciFi asap!

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
That Sonic Humble Bundle made me chuckle.

I think the BTA is roughly what a lot of us actually paid for those games when there was a pricing error on steam.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is that the bundle which was mispriced for 10€ a few years ago (when the game was released)?
Nope that one had forms that made your character look like some humanoid octopus or something. that one's different.

The new set of DLCs have a western theme to them and I am tempted to pick it up :P

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Return Of The Obra Dinn. That was great from start to finish. Will probably end up in my top 3 this year.

It's been a while since a game kept me up at night cause I couldn't stop thinking about possible solutions.

Oct 28, 2017
Have a PC issue I was hoping for some help with. I have an Alienware X51 with a Nvidia GPU and an integrated Intel graphics output.

The issue in a nutshell is this:

When I connect my Panasonic plasma to the Nvidia GPU via HDMI everything works perfectly. No issues.

But when I connect my HP monitor to the Nvidia GPU the entire desktop is wrongly formatted and I can't pull up any programs or applications. HOWEVER when I connect to my monitor from the onboard Intel graphics engine I have zero problems. Desktop looks perfect and computer is fine.

What can be the possible cause for this? Some setting in the Nvidia control panel? Can someone please PLEASE help me? I'm going crazy trying to figure this one out. ☹️

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to finish another game this year. I finished The Room Three on my phone (but it is on PC too). I love The Room series and I liked The Room Three a lot. It took me around 5h to finish it.

Next one The Room Old Sins that I bought recently :D

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Does odysssey still have the stuttering cutscene issue like origins, playing through origins atm at 90fps and the cutscenes are a real downer

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the way forward has to be a plan that moves PC gaming away from Windows. Microsoft is not going to give up on this and using the Xbox as leverage may be more effective if the console is a success.

That's what Valve are trying by investing in Linux. Steam Play/Proton has got it to a point where it's viable but there's only so much they can do by themselves.

The bad news is that non-native games are still tied to whatever is happening on Windows, and the potential success of future UWP-esque packages will put Proton another step behind. So it's best for even us Linux users that they don't take off.

Last edited:

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting in case you didn't see in Durante's Pillars of Eternity 2 thread:

You can get the Obsidian Edition of the game off of gog.com for 45 USD right now. That includes the base game and the season pass that has the three DLCs. So, everything that Durante was waiting for plus some extras.

https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_obsidian_edition_release

Any chance Steam has this for their sale? How long is the GoG sale good for?

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
No Subnautica for VR game of the year? Disappointing. That game is amazing in VR.

I dont know what its called but it gives me that weird vertigo hidden depths spooked out sensation.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Note: This is what some people actually believe.
They knowingly lied about the game before release. Which is a fact no matter how people want to twist it saying anything else is a flat out lie and being dishonest. Murray and every single person who works there and didn't speak out before release are horrible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.