• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
JaseC
A friend of mine played a game during the free weekend for several hours (Hunt: Showdown AFAIR). He then bought the game during the recent sale, and after half an hour decided to refund. Steam rejected his email, stating he played for more than 2 hours. I suggested he resubmit the refund request, which he did, and it has also been denied.
What's the next step? Is he out of luck? I thought free weekends didn't count in the total gametime wrt refunds...

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Ever since I took a peak behind the beaded curtain into Steam's Adult's Only section, I can no longer imagine much of anything that would be banned from the service.

Though I will say that perhaps Adult VN developers should stop making games that take place in high schools. It's time to move on to white collar office jobs.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Ever since I took a peak behind the beaded curtain into Steam's Adult's Only section, I can no longer imagine much of anything that would be banned from the service.

Though I will say that perhaps Adult VN developers should stop making games that take place in high schools. It's time to move on to white collar office jobs.

I wish Persona would move out of Highschool too. So bored of it. At least let's get to college/university?

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still safe to use vpns to buy games in cheaper regions on Origin? Also what's the cheapest region now? I see Mexico has got the same prices as US.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
yeah did some diggin' on VNDB.
https://vndb.org/p7496

It seems they have lots planned into 2019 with Steam/PC releases. So I hope they can get this sorted and talk to a human at Valve to figure this out ASAP.

Very curious about the trigger. As you say, the one taken off steam was the All Ages version.

It was the all ages version but an 18+ patch was planned like with Sabbath.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
That's messed up! I always appreciate it when a site has a call center for CS and with Steam being as big as it is, they really should have one with international numbers.

Have you tried getting in touch through gethuman?

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Valve-Software

I've had to do this a few times (not with Steam but other services). Got Skype credit and made an overseas call to resolve an issue. Far from acceptable naturally, but if you've got that many games on the line it may be worth a shot.

So, your original account name is no longer valid? What happens if you try to retrieve it via "Help, I can't sign in" -> "I forgot my Steam Account name or password"?

Thanks for the replies. I think I managed to send a ticket (via https://www.valvesoftware.com/en/people) so let's hope it leads somewhere.

JaseC: Yeah, it simply says wrong ID and/or password.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Darksiders 3 completed! Took around 20 hours with a couple more hours doing some exploration. I could spend some more time getting a few more achievements, but that would involve searching the whole map for some holes I went to before I had the right abilities but whose location I forgot about.

Oh, I guess Humble got some more Cardlife keys (but is still out).

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Human Head studios other game that isn't Rune (That i was in the alpha for as well) went into Early Access on steam (It's also free to play)

It's kind of like Realm of the Mad God if you've ever played that, but well not nearly as fast paced.
You do eventually want to get your character killed because your Lineage (Previous character) upgrades your next character! So kind of neat, I thought it was fun

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland

Wow original Half-Life looks real rough compared to Black Mesa which I'm currently playing for the first time. I'm five hours in and it's okay so far but I can see how groundbreaking it must have been 20 years ago.

wasn't there another documentary about half life that was suppose to come out last month?
This is just a small clip taken from the documentary which will release on Monday next week.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I'm amazed that so many games released in the past 2 months have have been ripped apart by the press and gamers, JC3, Hitman 2, Artifact, Fallout 76, and BF V. with Artifact bleeding users and getting negative reviews on steam hopefully means Valve got the message that gamer's aren't interested in that type of bullshit and they go back to making single player games.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif
I don't even find it funny anymore, just who cares.

Bethesda is not a AAA dev.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm amazed that so many games released in the past 2 months have have been ripped apart by the press and gamers, JC3, Hitman 2, Artifact, Fallout 76, and BF V. with Artifact bleeding users and getting negative reviews on steam hopefully means Valve got the message that gamer's aren't interested in that type of bullshit and they go back to making single player games.

Hitman 2 was ripped in the press or by gamers???

The game is a masterpiece and very well might be my GOTY. It may not have sold well, although we don't really know (UK physical sales are not really an indicator of digital sales worldwide). Who was ripping on it?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 was ripped in the press or by gamers???

The game is a masterpiece and very well might be my GOTY. It may not have sold well, although we don't really know (UK physical sales are not really an indicator of digital sales worldwide). Who was ripping on it?

Well it was discounted to 20€ pretty much right after release, says a lot. Retailers were desperate to get rid of stock.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Cause AA games gotta make money.

Most AA publishers go/went bankrupt by trying to target the AAA audience with big budgets and that stuff.

Yet eurojank survived! Eurojank sells well enough to justify itself.

I am not asking them to go AAA, just bit more budget so they can polish things.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I am not asking them to go AAA, just bit more budget so they can polish things.

It's crazy how much that last 2% costs.

There's a pretty common phrase in the game industry in: You build the first 90% of the game. Then you build the second 90%.

That last 10% is such an enormous amount of work (which means money). It's why game devs love game jams so much; you do all the fun creative stuff without having to do all the grueling stuff that takes a game from "meh" to "great".

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Hitman 2 is amazing and doesn't fit at all there.

Also Artifact will make a shitzillion dollars regardless.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I made a mistake and clicked on the list thread. I learned that Community Guides are bad and worthless.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Any widely reported issues with latest Nvidia drivers? (417.22) Apparently BFV won't even launch without them ffs. Not even "apparently" it literally won't let me launch until I upgrade.

I swear somebody here mentioned FPS drops in other games... (Which is why I almost never update my GPU drivers until I can make sure they're good.)

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Told you guys should have abandoned Steam eons ago.

Traded my account for a Windows Store account and never looked back.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Told you guys should have abandoned Steam eons ago.

Traded my account for a Windows Store account and never looked back.
Yeah, no terrible Steam Cards to worry about, it's not terrorizing innocent devs by allowing them to produce keys for free and sell them wherever they want, and since it's basically a wasteland, you also don't need to worry about your game being drowned out by competing games.
It's incredible how much Era users sympathizes with insular indie dev views. That's totally believable and doesn't seem like arbitrary pulling bullshit reasons to shit on a platform where they don't play anyway, nope. Another great thing about Valve threads on Era is the fact that they also provide me with a great way of reducing my excess belief in the good of mankind, thus allowing me to stay grumpy and cynical all the time. Win-win!

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Tizoc for a second there I thought Edge of Eternity just come out of Early Access. I got worked up for nothing Orz.
I think they're not even releasing until 2020 or later (they had a EA plan that extends all through next year).

Looking at the price, I'm now more certain than ever that this game is going to be Really Bad™.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018

Cool. I had no idea this was coming to Steam.

Based on my time with the Switch version, it's very straightforward, but solid. The price is excellent too. $3.59 for 48 songs. There's a DLC with another 85 songs, and apparently that DLC also nets you any new songs they add. I'm sure you anime-loving degenerates will enjoy.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
I think they're not even releasing until 2020 or later (they had a EA plan that extends all through next year).

Looking at the price, I'm now more certain than ever that this game is going to be Really Bad™.

It's $26AUD which is wasn't the cheapest for an early access title, but I'm keen to see what they'll have in a few years. Looks ambitious enough for me. Although I must admit, the synopsis sounds rather like another Tales game. :-P

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Got Smash. Bye PC gaming /jk

Instantly bought that Fanatical bundle. Always wanted to get into CRPG. Hopefully Age of Decadence is a good place to start.

I somehow have not owned those games except Oxenfree. Shoot a PM to me if you want it.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know many people here like to complain about Steam's hands-off approach, but at least Valve never went as far as to crowdsource freaking support tickets. That's taking user-created content to a new level.

Cool. I had no idea this was coming to Steam.

Based on my time with the Switch version, it's very straightforward, but solid. The price is excellent too. $3.59 for 48 songs. There's a DLC with another 85 songs, and apparently that DLC also nets you any new songs they add. I'm sure you anime-loving degenerates will enjoy.

Whoa, that's $1.29 over here. I'm really tempted to grab it because of how cheap the base game is.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, what's going on with Just Cause 4? It's got Very Negative reviews

missing high res textures, texture setting from low to very high does nothing,

ansio in options does nothing.

there ssao implemnation here is downright awful and makes trees and everything have blocky artifact squares

look at the grass next to and above where it says grapple in my screen

44379119540_48afbcb550_o.png

you then have some just cause 1 tier texture work

44379130610_63fa0a7ab1_o.png

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
missing high res textures, texture setting from low to very high does nothing,

ansio in options does nothing.

there ssao implemnation here is downright awful and makes trees and everything have blocky artifact squares

look at the grass next to and above where it says grapple in my screen

44379119540_48afbcb550_o.png

you then have some just cause 1 tier texture work

44379130610_63fa0a7ab1_o.png

Damn, that sucks. One can only hope they are going to patch all this stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.