• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
watching giantbomb play through mass effect 1, which also feels like it aged like poop. something about this first wave of "cinematic rpgs" that just looks too rooted on old talking heads and looks super weird to me now haha
dont tell me this

In my mind that space battle at the end of Mass Effect 1 is still the most epic thing ever

and the gameplay matches

LET THE COUNCIL BURN

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
dont tell me this

In my mind that space battle at the end of Mass Effect 1 is still the most epic thing ever

and the gameplay matches

LET THE COUNCIL BURN
haha yeah, i'm sorry

honestly the giantbomb playthrough made me feel kinda bad about mass effect 1 overall, i don't think that game aged super well. some super memorable scenes like the conversation with sovereign or the salarian commando giving his speech or the whole deal with liara's mom all felt pretty damn goofy haha

the music is timeless tho

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is there no tech support OT? (I can't find one via search, at least.) I'd swear there was one, but maybe I'm just thinking of the sunken place's.
haha yeah, i'm sorry

honestly the giantbomb playthrough made me feel kinda bad about mass effect 1 overall, i don't think that game aged super well. some super memorable scenes like the conversation with sovereign or the salarian commando giving his speech or the whole deal with liara's mom all felt pretty damn goofy haha

the music is timeless tho
I've been watching GB's Mass Effect videos too, and that's where I ended up as well. It did not age nearly as well as I remembered.

Like, when you're playing it's a lot easier to ignore how awful all of the side content is, how stilted conversations are, and how janky the comat is. But just watching it makes you realise how poorly everything comes together overall, something I distinctly remember being better in 1 than the sequels. Given that it was my favourite of the three, I'm almost afraid to see the other two now...

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
its really frustrating how most licensed properties disappear once the license is up, you're not going to find a copy in some second hand store. lost to time and all that.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no tech support OT? (I can't find one via search, at least.) I'd swear there was one, but maybe I'm just thinking of the sunken place's.

I've been watching GB's Mass Effect videos too, and that's where I ended up as well. It did not age nearly as well as I remembered.

Like, when you're playing it's a lot easier to ignore how awful all of the side content is, how stilted conversations are, and how janky the comat is. But just watching it makes you realise how poorly everything comes together overall, something I distinctly remember being better in 1 than the sequels. Given that it was my favourite of the three, I'm almost afraid to see the other two now...
i think me2 aged fairly ok, despite the story being not the greates

me3 was bad on its time so yeah, not expecting much

i do think the universe, themes and design still feel great and i really want a new good mass effect some day

grosso_modo

Jun 8, 2018
Was listening to the last Steam Spy guy podcast.
More games that were announced at TGA will get Epic Store logo in the future (exclusives?).
Man what a letdown.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I get collecting guys but if that Kung Fu Panda game is tempting you guys, it's time to re-evaluate. Looks like a real piece of shit.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Was listening to the last Steam Spy guy podcast.
More games that were announced at TGA will get Epic Store logo in the future (exclusives?).
Man what a letdown.

Can't watch right now. Did they mention specific games? Luckily I don't care for any of the exclusives right now so I hope they won't moneyhat some of my Most Wanted indies for 2019 namely Ori 2, Sable, My Friend Pedro and The Last Night.

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch right now. Did they mention specific games? Luckily I don't care for any of the exclusives right now so I hope they won't moneyhat some of my Most Wanted indies for 2019 namely Ori 2, Sable, My Friend Pedro and The Last Night.

Unless something changed, Ori 2 is already slated to be Windows Store exclusive.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I don't mind the idea of more competition, but I like having all my games in one place so the fact that there may be Epic Game Store exclusives is a pain.
The good news is is that I already have it downloaded for Fortnite lol so its not like its more bloat.
I do wish the store was DRM free though. We don't have enough DRM free shops
Cygames waifus > Riot/Tencent waifus
Quality post

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I don't mind the idea of more competition, but I like having all my games in one place so the fact that there may be Epic Game Store exclusives is a pain.
The good news is is that I already have it downloaded for Fortnite lol so its not like its more bloat.
I do wish the store was DRM free though. We don't have enough DRM free shopsQuality post
Hades is drm free iirc.

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect more indie exclusives in the Epic Store. The exclusives they already have are not enough to pull people to the store.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I'll actually respect the devs more if they go with a permanent exclusive to take an ideological stand instead of this weak 12-month delayed release.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I expect more indie exclusives in the Epic Store. The exclusives they already have are not enough to pull people to the store.
I expected more games on launch and a functioning UI (instead of the one page stuff we have). Really surprised they didnt target some smaller and medium indie developers when they are the ones that would gladly do that.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at that point it's just the console industry, minus having to spend fucktons on the hardware. That would suck hard.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
How would y'all feel had thr epic store and launcher were launched being copycats of the steam client's features?

fokkusu

Oct 26, 2017
Not looking good for PC gamers. But look at the bright side that at least it is not the situation where you have to buy different devices to get exclusives.. still the same hardware but different launchers.

On the other hand regarding the digital PC gaming. Would be scary Steam/Valve would pack their bags (let's say after decade or two) and some other platform would rise and due to that all our games libraries are lost.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
How would y'all feel had thr epic store and launcher were launched being copycats of the steam client's features?

Absolutely fine as long as no moneyhatting is involved.

Not looking good for PC gamers. But look at the bright side that at least it is not the situation where you have to buy different devices to get exclusives.. still the same hardware but different launchers.

On the other hand regarding the digital PC gaming. Would be scary Steam/Valve would pack their bags (let's say after decade or two) and some other platform would rise and due to that all our games libraries are lost.

Valve stated that they have system in place that in case they go down you will be able to download and play your games. JaseC can correct me if I am wrong.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Every time i launch Dark Messiah of Might and Magic it installs French keyboard on my win10 (which cannot be easily deleted), wth. And you cannot change game language without changing Steam interface language, bring it to Epic Store, for fuck sake! (/s..maybe)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Dt_ECX5XgAAZ1T1.png

lol

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017

With similar regional pricing, refund policy, and big sales culture? Great, I might use it as much as I use Steam. Moneyhatting third party devs is still iffy, but it's partly redeemed if at launch they're able to match almost all of Steam's features.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
With similar regional pricing, refund policy, and big sales culture? Great, I might use it as much as I use Steam. Moneyhatting third party devs is still iffy, but it's partly redeemed if at launch they're able to match almost all of Steam's features.
Their gambit will be money hatting; They will bet on the gamble that they can get the games that people want and that potential customers will be fine with foregoing all the features and services that Steam provides. They had 3 years to do more with the store and they did fuck all, they are not gonna start now until people raise a stink or the competition, aka Valve, forces their hand in providing the same experience.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of the platform, they need to lose that bet.
Eh...I understand why people are rightly angry at this but I don't have anything against using the store myself. It's not that I don't care about the shit that Epic is pulling here but it is that I fully expect them to manage to money hat a game that I actually want to play so I'm preparing myself for that day.

If the norm is "Epic store first, Steam later" I'll probably just wait, if not then I'll get it from Epic. Having said that it still will be my absolute last resort if I have no choice left.

Status
Not open for further replies.