What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

• Games

• Beer

• Anime

• Complaining on the internet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 27, 2017
I already had it installed for fortnite.

I'll do you one better, I'm buying Kh3 for myself as a bday present.
Happy Birthday! It's my birthday, too. Not getting Kingdom Heart's, but my wife did buy me a new watch, a container of Jim Beam, and lots of cheesecake.

I can’t comment on the Shield but, using the Steam Link, I played through Dark Souls 2 exclusively on in-home streaming over wi-fi. I play a lot of games that way.
Thank you for that!

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday! It's my birthday, too. Not getting Kingdom Heart's, but my wife did buy me a new watch, a container of Jim Beam, and lots of cheesecake.

Thank you for that!
Happy bday friend. I got stuff on Saturday already because I had an early gathering. Got Bombay Sapphire, a bottle of Grey Goose and cash along with sweets.
Happy bday, but where is the cake
You shoulda brought some.

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone playing for Christmas? I'm doing a playthrough of The Long Dark right now, which sets the mood perfectly.
That's a good question. I don't know. I'm going to have some time off and would like to find something new to play, but I'm not sure what to dig into. My wishlist is kinda bleak. I have:

Dishonored DLC
Final Fantasy XV

I'm not sure if I will ever play Final Fantasy based on what I've read about it.

When's it releasing on PC?
Could be... years from now. There still hasn't been an official announcement. But I drool when I think of what it will look like....

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
That's niiice to know. I've been wondering if my CPU(i5-3570K) has been bottlenecking my GPU in some games. Some months ago, I tried the FFXV demo with my previous GPU and I couldn't stay @locked30FPS with ~medium settings. A couple of weeks ago, when I tried it out with the RX 590, I could even turn on some hairworks and pretty much max settings(100% rendering) and stay above 40FPS and hovering 50-60FPS, that is on a 1080p ultrawide display in the first area of the demo(the desert?), so it is a bit more demanding than 16:9 1080p. There was stuttering, though, which I think was on the RAM side of the system from what I've seen.

Would overclocking my CPU help in CPU dependant games? Did you try it with your i5?

If Ryzen 2 is good enough, I might upgrade next year. The idea of getting CPU + motherboard + RAM all during next year does not sound cheap, though...

I also wanna try out dual channel RAM. I saw it can reaaaaaally help in some games.
I haven't tried to overclock my old CPU, I have an extraordinary talent in breaking any kind of hardware, so I'm trying to stay away from such stuff unless I absolutely need to deal with it.
I need to stop buying games everytime there's sales. I have around 40 games I need to start, not even finish at this point.
I have 9707 games I need to start, so you are fine mate, don't worry.

Oct 25, 2017
It's my bday and while I don't have a single code to give away I wish you all a great day and the holiday season to go well for you guys.
happy birthday doggy

I need to stop buying games everytime there's sales. I have around 40 games I need to start, not even finish at this point.
my rule when i was strapped for cash and needed to stop me from overspending was to just buy games i knew i was gonna play right away, that really helped me decide and buying one game would usually mean i didn't spend any more (since i'd be busy with the first game to play the others)

nowadays i'm a bit more well off so fuck it i'm buying league skins 24/7

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone playing for Christmas? I'm doing a playthrough of The Long Dark right now, which sets the mood perfectly.
Celeste and Return of the Obra Dinn on PC. God of War, Until Dawn and the Uncharted series on PS4.

I think I'm going to buy some tabs for Path of Exile so I can play that while listening to Giant Bomb GOTYcasts as well. *sigh* I miss Marvel Heroes.

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 patch tomorrow. Looks like they're adding several graphics options to the PC version as well as a new mission.

Holiday Hoarders
Our first seasonal event for HITMAN 2 goes live on December 18. This time-limited event includes the Holiday Hoarders mission with new festive items to use and a Challenge Pack that allows players to permanently unlock the Santa 47 suit for use in all HITMAN 2 locations – just make sure to unlock it before the event ends on January 8th!
Screenspace Shadows
We’ve added a new Graphics Option; Screenspace Shadows. Toggle on to give high quality shadow detail.

Reflection Quality
We’ve added a new Graphics Option; Reflection Quality. Toggle off, low, default or high to control the resolution of the rendered reflections in mirrors and floors.

Motion Blur
We’ve added a new Graphics Option; Motion Blur. Toggle off, low, default or high to give a smoother look.

Dynamic Sharpening
We’ve added a new Graphics Option; Dynamic Sharpening. This option counters effects caused by temporal anti-aliasing.
Rest of the notes are fixes with some funny ones posted.

Too Much Sugar
We’ve fixed an issue where Agent 47 could insert an infinite number of coins into a vending machine by concealing a coin in the briefcase. We laughed at this one, but it’s still been fixed.
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-12/

It's my bday and while I don't have a single code to give away I wish you all a great day and the holiday season to go well for you guys.
Happy birthday!

Oct 25, 2017
I told myself i will sit on AC:odyssey and wait till all the story expanions are out, but this weekend i broke. Broke like a weak willed child .
Having said that , 20 hours in and it is so good. Only complaint so far - MY horse is a fucking asshole .

Dec 16, 2018
my rule when i was strapped for cash and needed to stop me from overspending was to just buy games i knew i was gonna play right away, that really helped me decide and buying one game would usually mean i didn't spend any more (since i'd be busy with the first game to play the others)
that's a pretty good rule, thanks. I'll probably do that once I finish my backlog hopefully