• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
tkGtCSf.png

EfSbeZ4.png

2B0QzXu.png

Oakwood -
Jawmuncher
An upcoming Horror title that features dinosaurs. Use your wits to survive.

Bladed Fury
- Andres
A side-scrolling beat-em up featuring beautiful art, Bladed Fury is a Chinese developed indie game. The games combat is similar to titles like Guacamelee with RPG elements such as leveling and taking quest. The games story is rich with Chinese history and mythology.

Just Cause 4
- QueenOfHunting
Just cause returns, this time hoping to change all the wrongs with 3. Game has introduced a new weather system which can easily be used to your advantage during firefights. Everything has been dialed up to 10 for bat shit insanity of chaos.

GRIS - Uzzy
Gris, developed by Nomada Studio and published by Devolver Digital, is a 2D Platformer. You play as Gris, a hopeful young girl lost in her own world, dealing with a painful experience in her life. Her journey through sorrow is manifested in her dress, which grants new abilities to better navigate her faded reality.

Gris is quite simply one of the most beautiful games I've seen for many years. There's an effortless beauty about it, courtesy of the artist Conrad Roset. It' visually evocative, a watercolour painting in motion, telling it's story of personal loss through emotive imagery, colours and music. The platforming itself is relatively simple, focusing more on light puzzle elements then tricky jumps, but it's the experience you're here for. And what an experience this promises to be.

D7sTtCN.png

No Monthly Retro submissions were received this month.

xM8izhq.png

No Monthly Challenge submissions were received this month.

zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Here we go~

Just need you to update the thread title MRORANGE ;)

I just beat Megaman 11 and overall enjoyed it. I'd really like to go through more of my 2018 backlog, buuuut as is I'll be playing some games to clean out one of my HDD.
Once JC4 gets a nice discount over this month, I'll get it. In the mean time gonna play some more Darksiders 3. There's an update that'll go up soon to fix up some stuff.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
December was too expensive to make so we switched to November again. We'll give 500 minutes of Resetera Premium as compensation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
All the cool kids on this forum post here, right?
I'm looking forward to Atelier games.
My wallet certainly isn't.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Yet another December with major releases that I'll ignore because who the fuck buys games after Black Friday (or before Winter Seals).

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
So, I'm hoping I can get some help here with a problem I may or may not have with my PC. Thing is, I feel like something is wrong with my system with regards to performance. I've got an i5 8500 and a GTX 1080 paired with a 1080p display. Sounds like I should be smooth sailing with regards to FPS and such (playing at 1080p) right?

But how come I struggle to keep more than 50fps on Hitman 2 maps with lots of NPCs? Why does Rise of the Tomb Raider barely keep 60fps on not even Ultra settings? How can I make sure that I'm not just imagining things and I'm actually getting the performance I paid for?

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm hoping I can get some help here with a problem I may or may not have with my PC. Thing is, I feel like something is wrong with my system with regards to performance. I've got an i5 8500 and a GTX 1080 paired with a 1080p display. Sounds like I should be smooth sailing with regards to FPS and such (playing at 1080p) right?

But how come I struggle to keep more than 50fps on Hitman 2 maps with lots of NPCs? Why does Rise of the Tomb Raider barely keep 60fps on not even Ultra settings? How can I make sure that I'm not just imagining things and I'm actually getting the performance I paid for?

Run an overlay like MSI Afterburner + RTSS and check your CPU & GPU usage and temperatures when you hit parts of these games that drop framerates. I think you'll notice that your CPU is holding you back, especially if you've got certain settings dialed all the way up.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Mutant Year Zero seems good, but there are too many X-COM games nowadays and I still haven't played the already released and cheaper ones.

Again, nothing for me this month. January can't come soon enough.

Second month in a row with an F76 reference in the OT title.
Bethesda will make another mess up later in this month somehow, so we can use another 76 reference for the January thread.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hey guys, I'm back in the PC thread!

*nobody remembers me anymore

I got a Switch a few months ago and since my notebook was a poor gaming machine, I quit PC gaming for a while. However, the notebook was a bit old and wasn't reliable for work anymore, so I was "forced" to buy a new computer this Black Friday.

I needed something for work first, but good enough for gaming, so I got a Ryzen 2400 desktop. It is a modest machine (8GB 2133Mhz, I know RAM speed makes a difference, but I'm on a tight budget right now). However, compared to my 840M notebook, I'm sure this is a huge upgrade. I have tons of games I bought on Steam over the years but couldn't run properly on my notebook, so I'm very excited to dive into my backlog.

So, yeah, I'll be here to annoy you all from now on :P

Thanks for the new thread, MRORANGE !

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Yea boi!

Last month of Windows XP and Windows Vista support.
IN 2019 STEAM IS DED. DED CLIENT, NO AAA GAMES, NO INDIE GAMES

SELL YOUR PCs & LIBRARY NOW IN PREP FOR NXT GEN = BESTEST GEN

Anyway. Looking forward to December bants

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I'm back in the PC thread!

*nobody remembers me anymore

I got a Switch a few months ago and since my notebook was a poor gaming machine, I quit PC gaming for a while. However, the notebook was a bit old and wasn't reliable for work anymore, so I was "forced" to buy a new computer this Black Friday.

I needed something for work first, but good enough for gaming, so I got a Ryzen 2400 desktop. It is a modest machine (8GB 2133Mhz, I know RAM speed makes a difference, but I'm on a tight budget right now). However, compared to my 840M notebook, I'm sure this is a huge upgrade. I have tons of games I bought on Steam over the years but couldn't run properly on my notebook, so I'm very excited to dive into my backlog.

So, yeah, I'll be here to annoy you all from now on :P

Thanks for the new thread, MRORANGE !

I remember

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Got another Highlight thread to post this Monday.

The 2019 Highlight thread will go up the Monday after the Capcom Cup.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Aww, I wanted

PC Gaming Era | December 2018 - We are not planning on doing anything about it.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

On Tomb Raider you are probably cpu limited on any i5 4c/4t processor. Hitman 2 seems to have some other limitations, hopefully a patch or two will fix that up.

Try running msi afterburner with rtss overlay to monitor it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.