• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I have many thoughts about Duck Boar Xcom. Many are rant-y.

I have 12 hours played according to steam, 4 or 5 of those were spent restarting the game several times.

That being said, when it finally clicked and I got over the initial weird slump, I think that it is indeed worth it.

I can go into detail if you want, but be warned, it will be rambly and rant-y because I dont know how else to express my frustrations with some stuff in that game.
Aye, I'd still recommend it. I wouldn't recommend any other difficulty than normal though.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Aye, I'd still recommend it. I wouldn't recommend any other difficulty than normal though.

see thats the thing, I would. Normal is way too easy and I finally settled on hard. Eventually with gear and weapon upgrades it balances out. But you actually have to like do "scrap runs" and avoid combat sometimes just to get materials for upgrades so you can then go back to those zones and do more battles, sorta-kinda like a survival game, its weird.

Its very frustrating early on tho.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

Noticed Vaporum is on sale, this was my first grid crawler game I ever played and it was this year. I really recommend it if you like Grimrock style games, they also announced plans for a sequel.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Happy Saint Nicholaus Day! He's bearing some leftovers for y'all.

I was going to put em up with GiftBot but it seems to be down so it's first come, first serve.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So I decided against buying Resident Evil 2: Deluxe at 30% off on Voidu earlier in the week, mainly cause of me spending plenty on Christmas presents. Hopefully they'll have the same deal sometime in January.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

I was going to put em up with GiftBot but it seems to be down so it's first come, first serve.

[Hidden content]

Thanks! Grabbed Hyperlight Drifter, just about only game I was bummed to miss from monthlies.

(Giftbot is on vacation until January)

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

God please be good...and properly funded. Nordic better not darksiders 3 this, this has too much potential.

wihio

Oct 28, 2017
After bouncing off Total War games for years, it finally all clicked with Total Warhammer. I have racked up over 20 hours in the last week and I still suck in battle. It is crazy to watch your entire army decimated, your power drop to the basement, and somehow you climb out of it in 20 turns for the sake of retribution.

Broward

Oct 26, 2017
I just picked up a Rift in the recent sales so hopefully there is some VR content on sale today.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
fyi Battle Chef Brigade and Hollow Knight were taken from some sneaky sneaks so I will thank you in their place.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe. I'm sure Orange won't mind more people complimenting him on his "nice threads", though. :p
his threads are nice though lol.
Been following them since the old place, though not as frequently as I used to. Most of my PC gaming this year has been old stuff like Stepmania and LiS 1.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

God please be good...and properly funded. Nordic better not darksiders 3 this, this has too much potential.

Eeeeeeh just expect the worst, embrace the jank and go all kung fu with you colorful little critter as you beat up mutated animals and their mechs.

EDIT: BRUH THERE'S NUNCHUCKS IN THIS GAME. THIS IS ALREADY GOTY 2019.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
2Yt76Ue.jpg

Well there it is.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how much that last 2% costs.

There's a pretty common phrase in the game industry in: You build the first 90% of the game. Then you build the second 90%.

That last 10% is such an enormous amount of work (which means money). It's why game devs love game jams so much; you do all the fun creative stuff without having to do all the grueling stuff that takes a game from "meh" to "great".

Man this is so true. As an amateur coder I've got a few games 90% completed, playable even. It's just that LAST 90% which is so overwhelming!!!

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eeeeeeh just expect the worst, embrace the jank and go all kung fu with you colorful little critter as you beat up mutated animals and their mechs.

EDIT: BRUH THERE'S NUNCHUCKS IN THIS GAME. THIS IS ALREADY GOTY 2019.

I know there's only like 20-30 people working on the game but I just want Nordic to help them meet the potential it has. It's a new IP that isn't multiplayer and actually has a fresh set of ideas and setting behind it. I need this to be as good as it looks.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Had lots of fun with Shaq Fu. If you enjoy beat 'em ups I say it's worth it when it's on sale. The game is funny, short, and pounding baddies with signs never gets old.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Game awards sale is live
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/thegameawards2018/

Had lots of fun with Shaq Fu. If you enjoy beat 'em ups I say it's worth it when it's on sale. The game is funny, short, and pounding baddies with signs never gets old.
Yeah I'm planning on getting it during a sale down the line myself.

I know there's only like 20-30 people working on the game but I just want Nordic to help them meet the potential it has. It's a new IP that isn't multiplayer and actually has a fresh set of ideas and setting behind it. I need this to be as good as it looks.
I hear ya, still I'm looking forward to giving my little fella a rainbow coloured fur, max out its nunchuck stats and go all bruce lee on suckers right and left.
tenor.gif

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
what do people use for card idling these days? Seems like idlemaster is pretty broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.