• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
The fuck

I log into steam with idle master extended and it just keeps saying im not logged in

Ya this is the bug that old idlemaster had, and I think can extend to the new version.

There's a guide on the steam forums to get around it

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/idlemastery/discussions/0/1697168437864920721/

I did this before launching Idlemaster Extended and it worked:
"Remove ANY file or folder used for store login data that are located here:
C:\Users\"USER NAME"\AppData\Local\IdleMaster
sometimes it will cause IM won't start new login session "

thankful I didn't have to bother with that other shit

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Well guys, I finally got my first job! And in the company that I wanted! Granted I won't be able to get on the department I'd like to until I get my degree, but still, at least I'm in! The work shifts are long and I work some weekends and some nights, but it's great to be there and I have a lot of days off (and they pay pretty good too)!

Since today is my day off and I'm still on night shift, I guess I can watch the Game Awards. Is there any link available already?

Looking forward to your celebratory big game giveaway now that you're rich. Congrats.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ya this is the bug that old idlemaster had, and I think can extend to the new version.

There's a guide on the steam forums to get around it

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/idlemastery/discussions/0/1697168437864920721/

I did this before launching Idlemaster Extended and it worked:
"Remove ANY file or folder used for store login data that are located here:
C:\Users\"USER NAME"\AppData\Local\IdleMaster
sometimes it will cause IM won't start new login session "

thankful I didn't have to bother with that other shit
Didn't fix it. I give up.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there's a new Jagged Alliance game? And it has a really stupid title? And it's out today?

I mean I'm well past hoping for a good Jagged Alliance game but this is making my head spin

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
There's mixed info on the free thing right now. They're saying it hasn't been updated yet because the offline / bots "free" thing has been free for a while

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Big step for Valve to take.

Next step is a new Counter Strike bundled with Half-Life 3 using Source3.

Its happening. Its gonna happen!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Huh, Company of Heroes 2 for free on Steam today. That was nice. On to the neverending backlog it goes.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap Kenshi 1.0 is out.

Literally 12 years in the making.

Is it any good? Always got a Mount&Blade-ish vibe on it, but the Early Access impressions I read (years ago, now) made it sound really rough.

I just hope it ended up better than Overgrowth--that was such a huge disappointment.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Do I get a hat or something as a pre-F2P owner of CSGO?

You get a medal
unknown.png

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Sanctum in Chrono Trigger has to be one of the worst "expansions" I've had the displeasure to play in recent memory. Fetch quests galore, and feels extremely clunky in comparison to the rest of the game, which is basically perfectly paced.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Question for y'all: How is the Ardennes Assault campaign for Company of Heroes 2? I've had an odd hankering for modern warfare games recently and am wondering if the singleplayer stuff is any good.

I thought it was great. The tactical side of each mission is as good as ever, while the addition of the metalayer above it all adds some very welcome strategic challenges. You might win one battle, but that'll have knockon effects throughout the entire war, both negative and positive.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Well I was looking forward to trying out that csgo BR mode since my friend has been hyping it up to me for a few days now but the game crashes about 5secs after I start it. Seems I'm not the only person having this trouble, hopefully there is a fix by tomorrow.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was great. The tactical side of each mission is as good as ever, while the addition of the metalayer above it all adds some very welcome strategic challenges. You might win one battle, but that'll have knockon effects throughout the entire war, both negative and positive.
That's what I was hoping. Loved that style of campaign in Dawn of War 1.

Thanks Uzzy!

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Says the maximum resolution will be 4K, and the frame-rate is variable (unlimited then?). Consoles locked to 60 in-battle, 30 outside.

I don't understand the max resolution tapping out at 4K. Guess that means no downsampling for me. On the bright side it's better than Tecmo's atelier mess currently.

Bamco (and K-T by extension) apparently didn't learn all the right lessons from their Zestiria/Berseria PC releases. I don't want to keep relying on community mods (tzfix, tbfix, etc.) to fix issues such as the lack of arbitrary resolution support, which doesn't really need to happen anymore. When competent (excellent, even) ports such as Trails of Cold Steel I/II and Valkyria Chronicles 4 exists, expecting the bare minimum should be left back in 2012 where it belongs.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017

Good. grumpy_cat.jpg

Admittedly it's been a couple years since I dug into the data / studies, but last I looked there had been 0 anti-piracy DRMs that were a net cost gain and none that had 0 effect on all legitimate users. If I'm paying $20/$40/$60 for your game, I want it to support the people that worked on it, not sales people selling some false-promise of "more sales!" under the guise of code that does nothing helpful.

Edit: Why are all my previous posts staying in the quick comment box? That's annoying

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Well guys, I finally got my first job! And in the company that I wanted! Granted I won't be able to get on the department I'd like to until I get my degree, but still, at least I'm in! The work shifts are long and I work some weekends and some nights, but it's great to be there and I have a lot of days off (and they pay pretty good too)!

Since today is my day off and I'm still on night shift, I guess I can watch the Game Awards. Is there any link available already?
Congrats on the job!

Good. grumpy_cat.jpg

Admittedly it's been a couple years since I dug into the data / studies, but last I looked there had been 0 anti-piracy DRMs that were a net cost gain and none that had 0 effect on all legitimate users. If I'm paying $20/$40/$60 for your game, I want it to support the people that worked on it, not sales people selling some false-promise of "more sales!" under the guise of code that does nothing helpful.

Edit: Why are all my previous posts staying in the quick comment box? That's annoying
This is never about costumers, It is all about giving the board and investors something to fell good about.

It is just a gigant scam, the investors see the pirated numbers and thing those are sales lost.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
pff steam says they give stuff away but I have never gotten anything so I will just believe they dont give stuff away.

I've found it's best to really moan about how absurd the odds of winning anything are. And that people should go buy a lottery ticket instead.

I employed this tactic at the old site and was rewarded by winning the top 10 games on my wishlist (back when they still did those things). Think it might have been the last year they ever did it.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
"Be sure to log-in with your Mixer account for a very special MixPot, featuring exclusive Sea of Thieves DLC and a chance to win 1 of 500 copies of Battlefield V!"

It attaches directly to your microsoft account and shows in your downloads on xbox one. So no PC for BFV. I assume Sea of Thieves works though since it's play anywhere?

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
It attaches directly to your microsoft account and shows in your downloads on xbox one. So no PC for BFV. I assume Sea of Thieves works though since it's play anywhere?
Ew, how did I not think of that... and who needs Sea of Thieves DLC, didn't even play the game itself yet...

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Kotaku Splitscreen and I'm sold on Prey: Mooncrash. I'll be picking that up for sure during the winter sale.

Arkane seems like it's brimming with talent. I really, really hope they (get to) keep making their systems-focused game-ass games for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.