• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
That's a weird thing to add to a launcher (uplay)
GmNRojS.png

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So it sounds like none of you are going to watch the Keighleys so I'm going to win all the free games then.

That's how it should work, at least.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't care about TGA. I'll watch any trailers I'm arsed about on Youtube after the fact.

MY GOTY '16 was Stephen's Sausage Roll. '17 was UnExplored and '18 will likely be Star Traders: Frontiers.

The TGA is very unlikely to speak to me.

But Joel 'Chicks, Man!' McHale hosting should be some fun popcorn material.

Sure wish there was a Giant Bomb Watches TGA's stream though.

Wait, there's a new Jagged Alliance game? And it has a really stupid title? And it's out today?

I mean I'm well past hoping for a good Jagged Alliance game but this is making my head spin

Yeah, and it actually seems pretty good(?) for an indie take on the IP.

I think the cell-shaded presentation looks ace.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Jagged Alliance releasing this close to Mutant Year Zero?

Pretty ballsy/stupid.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Hope we get a date for Remedy's Control, I think that should be releasing in the next couple of months.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Counter Strike Battle Royale is konfuusing.

You still buy weapons like in normal CS but they're being delivered by drones, you have sentries, upgradable computertablets, doors you can only open with money

#NotMyCS

But shooting people in the head with Hotline Miami OST is as fun as ever.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
why would anyone watch a show that is nothing but commercials that constantly get interrupted by other commercials is beyond me. The "awards" are a joke and many of them are basically skipped and shat over so they can get some more commercials in.

Because the show was fine the last couple of years and there's a bunch of neat announcements.You know, for people who like games.

Counter Strike Battle Royale is konfuusing.

You still buy weapons like in normal CS but they're being delivered by drones, you have sentries, upgradable computertablets, doors you can only open with money

#NotMyCS

But shooting people in the head with Hotline Miami OST is as fun as ever.

I actually like how stuff likes that makes it a pretty different thing than the other BR games.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because the show was fine the last couple of years and there's a bunch of neat announcements.You know, for people who like games.
neat announcements you can check on youtube at better quality one minute after the announcement is made without having to watch through the slog that is the show, yeah

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
neat announcements you can check on youtube at better quality one minute after the announcement is made without having to watch through the slog that is the show, yeah

Except that the show was perfectly watchable the last couple of years and it's actually way more entertaining to see this stuff live.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that you can't set basic options like resolution, and fullscreen in Katamari Damacy, until after you have played the intro. I get that the game wants to go for an immersive start, but it's kinda missing the point if I have to play it in Windowed mode, with the rest of my desktop showing.
Whoever ported this should have thought longer before settling on 720p, Windowed mode as the default setting. It's not that hard to determine the native resolution, set the game to that, and make it fullscreen - if you want an immersive start to the game, anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
And people wondered why folk were worried after JC3
The weird thing is, the performance is great. It runs at rock solid 60 FPS for me all the time, no matter how many explosions are on screen.
But it crashes....all the time. Constantly. When it doesn't crash everything in the game flickers and even on the highest settings it looks mediocre at best. They spent at most a couple of minutes on the PC interface(Hold R to switch weapons? What?)

Basically it's a terrible port except for the performance which I feel like is almost impressive.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
so watchable that the supposed point of the show (the , you know, awards) was constantly skipped so they could fit more commercials in it.

Oh no, you have to watch games being announced, the horror!

The show is mostly about announcements, so what. Let's not pretend 9 out of 10 people watching would be interested in just an award show, the announcements get more eyes on the award stuff so it's essentially a win-win.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

The show is mostly about announcements, so what. Let's not pretend 9 out of 10 people watching would be interested in just an award show, the announcements gets more eyes on the award stuff so it's essentially a win-win.
The point of the show is the awards though lmao

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that gets me about the TGAs (at least in previous years) was how they'd just off-hand, rapid-fire off a bunch of awards like they're nothing inbetween "segments".

Like, why even have the awards if they're gonna do that!

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The show is mostly about announcements, so what. Let's not pretend 9 out of 10 people watching would be interested in just an award show, the announcements get more eyes on the award stuff so it's essentially a win-win.
no, i have to watch unrelated shitty commercials before they even present me the commercials i'm interested in
the announcements don't get more eyes on the awards either, considering they literally skip awards because of it lmao

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that gets me about the TGAs (at least in previous years) was how they'd just off-hand, rapid-fire off a bunch of awards like they're nothing inbetween "segments".

Like, why even have the awards if they're gonna do that!

It's a compromise between having elaborate awards and actually getting people to watch.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah the 20 seconds headstart i'd have by watching the stream instead of opening a better quality youtube link with proper quality video and sound is totally worth going through this

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
the announcements don't get more eyes on the awards either, considering they literally skip awards because of it lmao

This is dumb.

Like 5 people would watch a show that was nothing but awards, now there''s millions watching and they still get to work in a bunch of the award stuff even if some of it is rushed over.

Kirie

Oct 25, 2017
Giving away some of my extra Humble keys for the holidays! Hopefully a few people can find something they like :)

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Status
Not open for further replies.