• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome aboard~ if ud check the fiest post of this thread ull find a link to a thread to add yourself to era steam geoup
Ill be doing giveaways in a couple of days and it requires entrants to be in that group.

Also feel free to post u steam id so more peeps could add u to their friends list.
thank you. Finally got around to building the pc and getting setup, feels extremely gratifying. last build I made was for TF2 launch which is a crazy id. I'll drop some keys after christmas since it'll be my bday around that time too. also looks like the steam era group is not there?
https://steamcommunity.com/id/vince2dgod

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
But at least that's true, a fact. I'm all for legitimate Steam complaints, but that's not what's happening here.

People post things like "Valve hasn't done nothing in years", "Steam is evil for PC gaming" and it's allowed. We've even had a thread explaining why people prefer Steam and why most troll posts and memes are wrong, but it got locked. Correcting people is not allowed here, and it simply sucks.
I don't think I've seen the evil for PC gaming thing, but that sounds worth reading for a laugh. I missed that Steam explanation thread too. For what it's worth the current thread in the spotlight here got locked as well, but I think people can overreact a bit on how pervasive it can be considering that that thread was mostly dominated by posts of regulars here.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
what i'm playing for christmas is league of legends bby what else

Subposting about Steam/Valve threads every. single. time. they come up is really unbecoming of a community thread, y'all. And it's never been a good look.

I'm not going to say stop or anything--y'all do what you want--but it really makes visting this thread a bummer at times.
agreeeed

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Starting on January 1 2019, Steam will officially stop supporting macOS versions 10.7 ("Lion"), 10.8 ("Mountain Lion"), 10.9 ("Mavericks") and 10.10 ("Yosemite"). This means that after that date the Steam Client will no longer run on those versions of macOS. In order to continue running Steam and any games or other products purchased through Steam, users will need to update to a more recent version of macOS.

The newest features in Steam rely on an embedded version of Google Chrome, which no longer functions on older versions of macOS. In addition, future versions of Steam will require macOS feature and security updates only present in macOS 10.11 ("El Capitan") and above.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5953-QTIO-1764

new client hype intensifies

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Help me out here, fams.

I'm on the fence about getting an nVidia Shield TV. I want to use it for RetroArch and for streaming my PC games to my television.

The problem I am dealing with before I pull the trigger is that I am unable to currently hardwire the ethernet on my PC, so it has to remain on Wi-Fi currently. I would however be able to hardwire the Shield TV, if that makes a difference.

Knowing my PC is not hardwired, is the streaming capabilities on for the Wi-Fi be good enough for single-player games (like Tomb Raider, DQ11, Assassin's Creed, Valkyria Chronicles, Trails of the Sky, etc). I would not be doing ANY multiplayer games on it.

Thank you.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
I need to stop buying games everytime there's sales. I have around 40 games I need to start, not even finish at this point.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Help me out here, fams.

I'm on the fence about getting an nVidia Shield TV. I want to use it for RetroArch and for streaming my PC games to my television.

The problem I am dealing with before I pull the trigger is that I am unable to currently hardwire the ethernet on my PC, so it has to remain on Wi-Fi currently. I would however be able to hardwire the Shield TV, if that makes a difference.

Knowing my PC is not hardwired, is the streaming capabilities on for the Wi-Fi be good enough for single-player games (like Tomb Raider, DQ11, Assassin's Creed, Valkyria Chronicles, Trails of the Sky, etc). I would not be doing ANY multiplayer games on it.

Thank you.

I can't comment on the Shield but, using the Steam Link, I played through Dark Souls 2 exclusively on in-home streaming over wi-fi. I play a lot of games that way.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
I already had it installed for fortnite.

I'll do you one better, I'm buying Kh3 for myself as a bday present.

Happy Birthday! It's my birthday, too. Not getting Kingdom Heart's, but my wife did buy me a new watch, a container of Jim Beam, and lots of cheesecake.

I can't comment on the Shield but, using the Steam Link, I played through Dark Souls 2 exclusively on in-home streaming over wi-fi. I play a lot of games that way.

Thank you for that!

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday! It's my birthday, too. Not getting Kingdom Heart's, but my wife did buy me a new watch, a container of Jim Beam, and lots of cheesecake.

Thank you for that!
Happy bday friend. I got stuff on Saturday already because I had an early gathering. Got Bombay Sapphire, a bottle of Grey Goose and cash along with sweets.
Happy bday, but where is the cake
You shoulda brought some.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone playing for Christmas? I'm doing a playthrough of The Long Dark right now, which sets the mood perfectly.
That's a good question. I don't know. I'm going to have some time off and would like to find something new to play, but I'm not sure what to dig into. My wishlist is kinda bleak. I have:

Dishonored DLC
Final Fantasy XV

I'm not sure if I will ever play Final Fantasy based on what I've read about it.

When's it releasing on PC?
Could be... years from now. There still hasn't been an official announcement. But I drool when I think of what it will look like....

45770834672_cee5a8fe0d_o.png

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
That's niiice to know. I've been wondering if my CPU(i5-3570K) has been bottlenecking my GPU in some games. Some months ago, I tried the FFXV demo with my previous GPU and I couldn't stay @locked30FPS with ~medium settings. A couple of weeks ago, when I tried it out with the RX 590, I could even turn on some hairworks and pretty much max settings(100% rendering) and stay above 40FPS and hovering 50-60FPS, that is on a 1080p ultrawide display in the first area of the demo(the desert?), so it is a bit more demanding than 16:9 1080p. There was stuttering, though, which I think was on the RAM side of the system from what I've seen.

Would overclocking my CPU help in CPU dependant games? Did you try it with your i5?

If Ryzen 2 is good enough, I might upgrade next year. The idea of getting CPU + motherboard + RAM all during next year does not sound cheap, though...

I also wanna try out dual channel RAM. I saw it can reaaaaaally help in some games.
I haven't tried to overclock my old CPU, I have an extraordinary talent in breaking any kind of hardware, so I'm trying to stay away from such stuff unless I absolutely need to deal with it.
I need to stop buying games everytime there's sales. I have around 40 games I need to start, not even finish at this point.
I have 9707 games I need to start, so you are fine mate, don't worry.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
It's my bday and while I don't have a single code to give away I wish you all a great day and the holiday season to go well for you guys.
happy birthday doggy

my rule when i was strapped for cash and needed to stop me from overspending was to just buy games i knew i was gonna play right away, that really helped me decide and buying one game would usually mean i didn't spend any more (since i'd be busy with the first game to play the others)

nowadays i'm a bit more well off so fuck it i'm buying league skins 24/7

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone playing for Christmas? I'm doing a playthrough of The Long Dark right now, which sets the mood perfectly.

Celeste and Return of the Obra Dinn on PC. God of War, Until Dawn and the Uncharted series on PS4.

I think I'm going to buy some tabs for Path of Exile so I can play that while listening to Giant Bomb GOTYcasts as well. *sigh* I miss Marvel Heroes.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 patch tomorrow. Looks like they're adding several graphics options to the PC version as well as a new mission.

Holiday Hoarders
Our first seasonal event for HITMAN 2 goes live on December 18. This time-limited event includes the Holiday Hoarders mission with new festive items to use and a Challenge Pack that allows players to permanently unlock the Santa 47 suit for use in all HITMAN 2 locations – just make sure to unlock it before the event ends on January 8th!

Screenspace Shadows
We've added a new Graphics Option; Screenspace Shadows. Toggle on to give high quality shadow detail.

Reflection Quality
We've added a new Graphics Option; Reflection Quality. Toggle off, low, default or high to control the resolution of the rendered reflections in mirrors and floors.

Motion Blur
We've added a new Graphics Option; Motion Blur. Toggle off, low, default or high to give a smoother look.

Dynamic Sharpening
We've added a new Graphics Option; Dynamic Sharpening. This option counters effects caused by temporal anti-aliasing.

Rest of the notes are fixes with some funny ones posted.

Too Much Sugar
We've fixed an issue where Agent 47 could insert an infinite number of coins into a vending machine by concealing a coin in the briefcase. We laughed at this one, but it's still been fixed.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-12/

It's my bday and while I don't have a single code to give away I wish you all a great day and the holiday season to go well for you guys.

Happy birthday!

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I told myself i will sit on AC:odyssey and wait till all the story expanions are out, but this weekend i broke. Broke like a weak willed child .
Having said that , 20 hours in and it is so good. Only complaint so far - MY horse is a fucking asshole .

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
my rule when i was strapped for cash and needed to stop me from overspending was to just buy games i knew i was gonna play right away, that really helped me decide and buying one game would usually mean i didn't spend any more (since i'd be busy with the first game to play the others)
that's a pretty good rule, thanks. I'll probably do that once I finish my backlog hopefully

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Even though I really don't need it, it's hard to ignore AC Odyssey for ~60% off with the Uplay point discount stacked on top. I look forward to finally getting around to playing it in 2021.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I really don't need it, it's hard to ignore AC Odyssey for ~60% off with the Uplay point discount stacked on top. I look forward to finally getting around to playing it in 2021.

I am waiting to see if i will get it for free via that Project Cloud thing XD Friend linked my UPlay profile and played game so i should be able to get free copy after testing ends on January 15th.

Also i see that Jim Sterling known for talking about customer rights and shady publisher/developer moves skipped Epic Store thing completely.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
i still got to play ass flag 4 .__.
I'm playing it and it's not a very interesting AC. Cool setting, but meh.

Me I'm in the middle of a post-game wandering. Just finished Monster Hunter World story, not really feeling the post-game grind, and trying some random PC games to see if something sticks.
Into the Breach was super addicting but I'm an idiot so there's that, and Slay the Spire is super solid but runs take an eternity. I don't really plan on dumping either but they are not *the* game I need these days.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing it and it's not a very interesting AC. Cool setting, but meh..
yeah that's kind of what i felt when i played a bit of it, specially since i don't really like the navel combat (i know it's a typo but it's funnier this way) but i really like the setting and i haven't bought any ass creeds past it so that's the only one i'm looking at

Me I'm in the middle of a post-game wandering. Just finished Monster Hunter World story, not really feeling the post-game grind, and trying some random PC games to see if something sticks.
Into the Breach was super addicting but I'm an idiot so there's that, and Slay the Spire is super solid but runs take an eternity. I don't really plan on dumping either but they are not *the* game I need these days.
honestly into the breach is a lot more accessible than it lets on, i'm a massive idiot myself and have the wrong head for roguelikes, but i've still cleared it multiple times, it's a mix of finding the strategy that works and a bit of luck and perseverance

into the breach is such a good fucking game

I want to go through Deponia 4 during Christmas.
Hopefully I get to start this weekend, maybe even Friday already, and then finish it bit by bit before the year is finished. I'm working between the days, have to visit my parents and other stuff. I don't dare to plan on much more. :/

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Status
Not open for further replies.