• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
I've done that but I'm not sure what it does?

Also do you use slow mo much? I keep forgetting I have that ability
Hardly ever used slow mo, but looking back there are parts it would've definitely helped.
Throwing stuff in the reclamation zones unlock it in the sandbox mode, which itself also needs to be unlocked. It's honestly kind of a hassle, but the main draw is still the campaign tbh

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ive never heard of Stonekeep but it's on Steam.

Where's the new thread

30181.jpg

oh so I'm a good chunk into Risen 2 again. The reason I dropped it the first time was because I decided to be a magic user for once and it turned out that magic in Risen 2 is not for offense, it's for doing weird stuff like disguising yourself as another person. So I got kind of bummed and stopped playing. This time I decided to specialize in muskets and swords along with thieving and persuasion. The game is pretty good about giving you different options to go with, like slashing vs. piercing, pistols vs. thrown items, intimidation vs. persuasion, that sort of thing. Overall it is a bit more forgiving that Risen 1 and certainly Gothic in that you can buy armor upgrades as long as you have the money - there are no qualifications to buy armor or weapons except for voodoo and muskets, and I'm pretty sure you can get along in the game without either of those things. Enemies are also not as imposing. While there are some that will kick your butt, you're not just limited to killing chickens until you upgrade your sword.

But what is terrible about the game, and I think this was true of Risen 1 and I think Elex as well, is the stealth. It's like the worst stealth system of any game ever and the devs have never seen fit to improve it. Basically, stealth is crouching and staying out of eyesight. Not one or the other, both. And certain rooms are off limits, so if you step into them without crouching, someone "hears" you and kicks you out. But as long as they're not looking at you and you crouch before you go in, you're fine. So often, stealing from a room consists of walking just behind the person who is facing away from the doorway, crouching, and then walking across the threshold. Then you're good. And they can still catch you in there as long as you aren't in the act of stealing. So if you're on your way out and stop crouching too early, they'll charge into the room and say something nasty to you. But as long as you get out quickly they'll leave you alone. You can also just beat them up and come back and they won't care. Just terrible.

But overall I'm just a sucker for piranha bytes and I can live with it because I enjoy all the other systems in the games. And Patty.

Last edited:

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
happy new year computer folks

hope we get a 3080ti announcement soon. also double hope it isn't $1200 or more again

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
JaseC When I joked Australia was hell I didn't mean for you guys to turn it into ACTUAL hell. Wtf is going on there? :(

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Another Assassin's Creed question, if I may. How come AC III got a PC remaster but none of the others - Ezio trilogy, Rogue - have done. Was there something broken with AC III?

Who knows, maybe Ubisoft was training new teams or something like that. And AC3 Remastered apparently uses newer version of engine, and other remasters were just PC ports.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
How many teraflops could we potentially be looking at for a 3080Ti?

The move to 7nm could mean a significant upgrade over the 20xx series perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.