• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe I've got all my dates mixed up....but isn't December the month that all the Epic Game Store exclusive launch titles should be freed from their shackles?

I feel like we should see Ashen and....Hades(?) and...?.... this month.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 3 was Halo at the peak of its popularity, and was also a really solid game to boot (though I guess that can be said of pretty much the whole series, in fairness). Great campaign (especially with a friend / several friends), fun traditional multiplayer modes, and endless hours of just silly fun with friends or the community via the custom games and Forge map creator. There were / are a lot of creative modes and maps you can play in 3, and with actual mod support, the PC version should push it all even further.
It's generally accepted that Halo 3 has the best MP of the series, with tons of features and content; therefore it should have the biggest impact in terms of playerbase.

I disagree with the latter statement though. A lot of people have played a Halo game before, these numbers aren't just due to its reputation as a good shooter leading people to buy without knowing anything else about it. Even a quick glance at user reviews shows a ton of reviews talking about nostalgia and 'Halo being back'. Should be mentioned that Halo: CE was fairly big on PC back then, this isn't the first time it's releasing on PC.
Thanks for those summaries. Will probably try like ODST (I think that releases at 5€?).

And regarding knowledge of Halo. Can only go by my own experiences and talking with people from across Europe. Never met a single person that has played Halo. And while I know of the PC version of Halo CE, at that point in time games like UT, Quake3 and CS1.6 reigned supreme in all the communities I was part of.

Aside from (possibly) Halo CE this is the first time in history for me that Halo is even accessible to me, so I'm definitely interested in playing the series. And I assume there are a lot of people that are in a similar situation as me.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I've got all my dates mixed up....but isn't December the month that all the Epic Game Store exclusive launch titles should be freed from their shackles?

Yup, Ashen and Hades are out next week. Very curious to see how they'll perform.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Yup, Ashen and Hades are out next week. Very curious to see how they'll perform.

Ashen is doing the smart thing and releasing a (apparently) substantial DLC soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if that generates a wee bit of buzz. EDIT - i'm stupid, the DLC came out in September. Looking it up, i see the game is coming for PS4 and GOG too though.

I'm curious what Hades will do (aside from claim to be 1.0).

And yeah, I'm curious too. My heart wants them to have a decent burst at launch, but my head says that there's a weird zeitgeist around first launches that can't be replicated unless your game is truly exceptional (like Dark Souls or whatever).

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Ashen got some pretty lackluster reviews right? I'm not sure if it is going to do OK on the realease on steam.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Both games would have sold well because of original hype around them IF they had released on Steam originally. Now that they've been on EGS for a while, most people know both games are decent but not must-buys.

Tbf I only played Ashen once, got legit bored. Hades looks like fun but was only watching my friend play.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

One week to Transport Fever 2!

Just a heads-up there's a 10% pre-order discount and if you own TF1 you get an additional 15% off that stacks.

-25% at launch for a title I was gonna Day One regardless.

Feels good man.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to Steam tomorrow.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Ashen got some pretty lackluster reviews right? I'm not sure if it is going to do OK on the realease on steam.

Depends on which reviews you're referring to. It's got an 82 on metacritic. Player reception was probably more negative as it's clearly going for the Souls crowd and that audience is harsh on games that don't measure up.

That said, I thought the game was good (but I'm hella biased, as we've had a bunch of contact with the Ashen team as they were another of Microsoft's promoted indies).

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to Steam tomorrow.

welp RIP

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone started playing Rayman Legends recently (EGS freebie)? For some reason, my Uplay achievements don't seem to be syncing. I'm also getting some odd placeholder error messages in-game. Just wondering if this was something on my end or a more widespread thing.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone started playing Rayman Legends recently (EGS freebie)? For some reason, my Uplay achievements don't seem to be syncing. I'm also getting some odd placeholder error messages in-game. Just wondering if this was something on my end or a more widespread thing.

do you need EGS to launch the game? im assuming its added to your uplay account and thats the end of that.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I think Ashen and Hades sales on Steam will depend on the price. Im not interested in paying full price for them when this month ive already bough Halo, Disco Elysium and a few others in the sale (and will be getting RDR2). Those games are now competing with everything else. Ive waited a year, i can wait another.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
iyei5VY.jpg

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Holy shit that's a good list of games. Been wanting to try Pathologic 2 and Human Fall Flat for a while. Also I've heard great things about Planetfall.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying Reach too much again after 9 years is an amazing feeling
I'm just glad to finally be rid of that awful motion blurring. I loved the game back in the day, but trying to return to it has been a pain for my eyes. Glad to finally have it in a form that looks great (and feels better due to the higher framerate).

Cal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just glad to finally be rid of that awful motion blurring. I loved the game back in the day, but trying to return to it has been a pain for my eyes. Glad to finally have it in a form that looks great (and feels better due to the higher framerate).
Agreed, finally being able to play Halo games at 60 FPS is so good. Sadly don't think I'll be able to go back to MCC on my Xbox from now on

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Never did try Pathfinder Kingmaker in the end. Was kind off put off by the supposed lack of tutorials and the fact it was coming across as quite difficult for people who didn't know the Pathfinde system.

Maybe tempted to try it if it is in the Christmas sale.

Anybody able to say if it had got a little more friendly after patching?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I think Ashen and Hades sales on Steam will depend on the price. Im not interested in paying full price for them when this month ive already bough Halo, Disco Elysium and a few others in the sale (and will be getting RDR2). Those games are now competing with everything else. Ive waited a year, i can wait another.

My plan is to pick up Ashen, Pine, and Decay of Logos in GOG's Winter sale and then do a comparison.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Sad to see it confirmed that In the Valley of the Gods is confirmed to be on Valve time.

So much for the people who said there was no evidence to support the theory last month, I mean they removed the game from their website, it was pretty obvious.
im pretty sure most people (including myself) were saying there was no evidence that it was cancelled or that valve itself stopped its production

there is still no evidence of that, in fact we have the opposite

it being on hold while they work on other stuff is what most people interpreted that news as while some people went around yelling about how valve hired campo and then cancelled the game just to get chris remo to be their coffee boy or something

Status
Not open for further replies.