• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawliet013

Feb 13, 2019
Anyone had issues with Bethesda games on PC? I recently moved from a gaming laptop, where they worked fine, to a desktop (9700k, 2080) and Wolfenstein 2 won't launch with a 'Could not write crash dump' error and Doom (2016) fails to launch with a 'the engine has crashed' report. I've re-installed, verified files, the reported fix for the Wolf error is to disable Intel graphics but this is a desktop and doesn't have any. The only thing I can think is that I'm running in 3440x1440 and that ultrawide maybe bones these games, maybe? Maybe newer Nvidia drivers don't play nice? Both Steam versions, btw. Any help greatly appreciated.
Are you using Vulkan? At least in Doom, that seems to have issues.
PCGamingWiki

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
But as far as I know, halo Reach is dlc on xbox too, so even if you own the MCC there you still have to buy it....

yes, i understand that.
however, if you buy reach digitally for xbox one, you don't get it for windows 10 either. i'm just puzzled as to why that is the case, given that all their other recent releases don't work the same way.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Phrost

Dec 8, 2018
It's actually pretty disappointing how many MS store games aren't Play Anywhere, like Life Is Strange 2 for example. But Halo is first party, they should at least support those :|

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
If I've got a 1080p 144Hz freesync monitor, will 4k down sampling add input lag and / or reduce to 60Hz (or have any other bad side effects) ?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I've got a 1080p 144Hz freesync monitor, will 4k down sampling add input lag and / or reduce to 60Hz (or have any other bad side effects) ?

In my experience some games are weird about downsampling and I definetly had some that would cap the refresh rate. Haven't had the issue in a while though.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What about in a situation where it's either 1080p 60 fps with low gpu usage vs 4k 60 fps with high gpu usage? Can't help but feel Halo Reach feels more responsive with the former settings.
In shouldn't but this is talking about Reach where you can even run the game at 1080p60 with low usage and still see stuttering.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
Hi all,

I saw the announcement at the top of the site for the steam version of MCC. I was wondering if I could get a copy for my friend. He is going to be graduating in less than a month with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, and his Birthday also just passed, also Christmas is coming up. He is a huge Halo fan, and has been talking about this PC release non stop. Thanks. :)

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

I saw the announcement at the top of the site for the steam version of MCC. I was wondering if I could get a copy for my friend. He is going to be graduating in less than a month with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, and his Birthday also just passed, also Christmas is coming up. He is a huge Halo fan, and has been talking about this PC release non stop. Thanks. :)

Sure, no problem, here's the store page!

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that the Valve Index came out kind of recently. I was wondering if I could get the bundle for myself. In about a month I'll be graduating with a BS in BS. :)

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished my first game on my first Civilization (Civ 6).

Took me over 20 hours and 558 Turns on second lowest difficulty and on Epic game speed....

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Just wanted to say hi for now, but we have a sweet surprise coming soon. Stay tuned.

1486262054044.jpg

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need help. I keep getting this error, even on applications that aren't games.
unknown.png

No help I find on web works, and it's a constant.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Aside from the Win Store being a pile of crap, the Game Pass deal really is quite amazing. I remember just a decade ago paying $15 per month for a game rental service by mail, which was one game at a time. You'd have to wait for postage there and back, and rarely get your first or second choice game, or risk waiting a while to get it, so it was effectively one game at a time for about 2/3rds of the month (the rest being postage). Now here we are, the same $15 and you have access to dozens of games for the entire month. Of course as good as that is, it would be even better if the garbage Store actually worked properly.

Phrost

Dec 8, 2018
Aside from the Win Store being a pile of crap, the Game Pass deal really is quite amazing. I remember just a decade ago paying $15 per month for a game rental service by mail, which was one game at a time. You'd have to wait for postage there and back, and rarely get your first or second choice game, or risk waiting a while to get it, so it was effectively one game at a time for about 2/3rds of the month (the rest being postage). Now here we are, the same $15 and you have access to dozens of games for the entire month. Of course as good as that is, it would be even better if the garbage Store actually worked properly.
Believe it or not... people still use Gamefly. I'm a mailman and I would say there's about 100 households in my zip code that use Redbox to mail physical DVDs and probably 10 use Gamefly for video game rentals.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have issues with button layout in Sekiro when they played it (playing with a controller obviously)? The default feels really obtrusive for me, and I've tested a bunch of different button layouts with both a DS4 and Steam Controller to no avail.

Gonna try mapping the attack and deflect to face buttons tomorrow and see if that helps. If not I'll give MKB a go. My other thought is that the camera isn't really doing the game any favors, but I felt the same way about Bloodborne.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
There'd be four if PC and Surface were considered distinct platforms, haha.

Haha, don't give them any ideas!

It's actually pretty disappointing how many MS store games aren't Play Anywhere, like Life Is Strange 2 for example. But Halo is first party, they should at least support those :|

The Halo situation is quite bizarre, especially considering that it's available on Game Pass for both platforms. Quantum Break isn't Play Anywhere either, but that's not a first-party title.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
People who have played RDR2 - how long would I have to play until I get to a point where I could just fuck off and explore the world at my leisure without significant restraints?

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else have issues with button layout in Sekiro when they played it (playing with a controller obviously)? The default feels really obtrusive for me, and I've tested a bunch of different button layouts with both a DS4 and Steam Controller to no avail.

Gonna try mapping the attack and deflect to face buttons tomorrow and see if that helps. If not I'll give MKB a go. My other thought is that the camera isn't really doing the game any favors, but I felt the same way about Bloodborne.
Try mapping sprint/dodge to right trigger, this basically frees up camera control while moving quickly.

Change it before you get too deep in because it's damn hard to break muscle memory in that game.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Nope.

P2 is a sort of reimagining of P1, so you're not missing anything. It files down a lot of the rough edges found in the original making it a LOT more user friendly in 2019.

Pathologic 2 is a gd stellar game and it's great to see it landing on gamepass so more can experience it.

so actually better NOT to play the first game as to avoid spoiling mechanics?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
How many people from the original team are even left at GSC? Thought most of them moved on to Vostok and 4A. Would be great if we could get another amazing STALKER game on X-Ray 2 with mod tools, I'm still playing CoP mods to this day.
Not a lot, but nu-GSC has apparently been been hiring people from other Ukrainian studios, including Ubisoft Kyiv. There's a pretty big talent pool out there to recruit from.

A TGA trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 would certainly be a pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.