• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks, anime police.
I live to serve
tenor.gif

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loving this STEAM sale. Almost every major game that is on sale is also on sale over at Humble. RE2 Deluxe is 35 on STEAM, but it is $28 on humble with my humble sub discount.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I caved and got Doom for $3.89 on CDKeys. I've completed it before on PS4. I was disappointed to be asked after purchase for my phone number so I could redeem the code.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here have any idea how to force Steam250 to reread my library? I tried logging out of Steam and logging in, but it still doesnt mark the games I have purchased since i first linked it.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Loving this STEAM sale. Almost every major game that is on sale is also on sale over at Humble. RE2 Deluxe is 35 on STEAM, but it is $28 on humble with my humble sub discount.
I only buy things on Steam itself if I cannot find them at key sellers (a lot more games than people might realize are actually only available on Steam) or if I am uncertain and want the safety of the refund system. Otherwise you are basically just wasting money.

1 gift from Dan Longman

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Dan L Dan L!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Dan L said:
Have an extra code for the worst of the batman games!

These are our awesome prizes:

Cindered

Oct 25, 2017
Took a gander at ffxii's steamdb page and it looks like there's been a small amount of developer movement over the last month or so. I think we might be in for the XBO/NSW features eventually?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Watched The Irishman today, can we get Mafia 4 where story will be directed by Scorsese? XD I can't imagine what he could do with 20+ hours at his disposal instead of just 3 and a half hours XD

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They've always been mediocre games taking place in an interesting setting. I'm going to go with 15k and that's generous considering the quality of the game (franchise). Then again people enjoy Destiny so what do I know.
Yeahhhhh, you're wrong.

And I say this as someone who doesn't even like Halo.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
ive never played the single player of any halo i don't think (barring a few levels here and there)

i always go with release order, but maybe ill break that rule for reach

not sure yet

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I loved the Halo games at the time, but I don't have the time or interest to return to them, and the collection doesn't include the only main series Halo game I haven't played which is Halo 5 (I never bought an XB1). That released over 4 years ago and it's not included.

Oct 25, 2017
MCC has been consistently in the top sellers on Steam even during the sale with no discount. I imagine it will be big numbers.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
My prediction is that the Halo Reach launch will be pretty big but we'll see a significant drop off once people realize that the multiplayer gameplay is just old as fuck and too boring compared to other shooters today. However crossplay and modding will come in clutch and keep the playerbase healthy. Also the staggered release will definitely help getting people back every other month.

Oct 26, 2017
My prediction is that the Halo Reach launch will be pretty big but we'll see a significant drop off once people realize that the multiplayer gameplay is just old as fuck and too boring compared to other shooters today

CS, a 2000 game, has 16k players, that's more than Battlefront II and Titanfall 2 on PC combined.

A multiplayer gameplay being old does not mean it's "boring" compared to today's shooter.

CS:GO is a 2012 title and has 600-700k nerds playing every day on PC, games like Siege and TF2 and COD are more "fun" to play, but still, at least on PC, CS:GO is doing better than all the MP FPS on PC (well, not CrossFire) but you got my point.

Even if Halo Reach is old, does not mean that a new audience is not going to jump on the game at all.

Last edited:

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
CS may be a 2000 title but it keeps getting updated and is arguably one of the best multiplayer fps games. It's also one of the original high skill required games (not just point and spam mouse/trigger). It has also been updated regularly, has a large esports community and is developed by Steam's owner (which definitely helps in it staying relevant).

I highly doubt halo multiplayer will get anywhere close to those numbers.

Oct 26, 2017
CS may be a 2000 title but it keeps getting updated and is arguably one of the best multiplayer fps games. It's also one of the original high skill required games (not just point and spam mouse/trigger). It has also been updated regularly, has a large esports community and is developed by Steam's owner (which definitely helps in it staying relevant).

You are talking about CS:GO, i'm talking about CS when i said "2000" game.

One is not getting updated at the same pace of CS:GO and it does not have a large eSport community compared to other other.
Of course Halo Reach is going to do CS:GO numbers, but it will surely surpass CS.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I know that Detroit: Being Human gets a lot wrong, but I watched a playthrough when it came out and I thought it was at least worth playing through once.

Looking forward to MCC.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
AoE:2 Definite Edition got to 20k and that didnt had as much of a push as Halo:MCC / Reach, nor did it stay in best sellers for as long consistently as Halo. It is gonna do better than 20k, but I think there is an invisible wall at 100k where gamepass is just too good of a deal.

Even then, I would think that Halo:MCC will not be as affected by Gamepass due to most people actually wanting to own games they know they will play for long periods of time / years (case in point AoE2:DE), to avoid being stuck paying a subscription.

Last edited:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
For when you're double sad?

Holla He Jubi Jubi De

Johnnie Walker, Jägermeister,
Amaretto, Kellergeister,
Scharlachberg und Doppelkorn.
Das Ganze jetzt noch mal von vorn.

Wir haben Grund zum weinen.
Keiner kann mehr laufen,
doch wir könn noch saufen.
Wir haben Grund zum weinen.
Ist uns auch speiübel, bringt den
Zum nächsten Kübel.​

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't get the omnipresent like for Halo. I played a fair bit during the beta flights, and it's okay, I guess? It just feels too slow and basic.

Like, I can appreciate elegantly simple design, but that's not what I was seeing, hearing, or playing.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
CS, a 2000 game, has 16k players, that's more than Battlefront II and Titanfall 2 on PC combined.

A multiplayer gameplay being old does not mean it's "boring" compared to today's shooter.

CS:GO is a 2012 title and has 600-700k nerds playing every day on PC, games like Siege and TF2 and COD are more "fun" to play, but still, at least on PC, CS:GO is doing better than all the MP FPS on PC (well, not CrossFire) but you got my point.

Even if Halo Reach is old, does not mean that a new audience is not going to jump on the game at all.
You don't need to tell me, I love CS. It's the perfect MP shooter in my eyes because it had decades to refine its gameplay.

Halo Reach on the other hand has the worst MP of all Halo games. The movement and shooting just feels too sluggish if you compare it to modern shooters or even CS 1.6. I'm still very excited for Reach mainly because of the campaign but after playing the Beta I can't really see this having the mass appeal some people might be suggesting.

I'm personally looking forward to Halo 2 and 3 which are miles better.

Status
Not open for further replies.