• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Some people had luck with that by lowering anti-aliasing or just turning it off, others graphical settings, some running borderless did it, but I don't think we ever found a specific way to fix it since not everyone gets it or different graphical settings even on the exact same hardware specs cause it/fix it.
sigh
Thanks, will mess with it later.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*barf* one last part of the BFV single-player campaign to finish and I boot up Origin to find a 40gb update. My internet isn't that fast, so I just deleted it.

I didn't care for the single-player. Over-reliance on stealth, and every story had a semi-open world thing where you were on a big map with three objectives and you could pick the order.

I'm got the free month of Origin, and I'm looking at the games, and nothing interests me. I played like half-a-dozen games on Gamepass, Origin is pretty weak.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
*barf* one last part of the BFV single-player campaign to finish and I boot up Origin to find a 40gb update. My internet isn't that fast, so I just deleted it.

I didn't care for the single-player. Over-reliance on stealth, and every story had a semi-open world thing where you were on a big map with three objectives and you could pick the order.

I'm got the free month of Origin, and I'm looking at the games, and nothing interests me. I played like half-a-dozen games on Gamepass, Origin is pretty weak.
Yeah it's pretty weak, I own most of the games but I did one month of premium for Jedi and NFS, I still have 8 days to finish Heat lol.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
So earlier this year I bought a used Shield TV that comes with the game pad. I don't game on the Shield at all though and since I don't have a dedicated PC pad I decided to make the shield controller my PC pad whenever I do play something on my PC like a racing game.

It works fine using a USB cable but my question is if it can be connected wireless via a BT adapter? Can I just buy a cheap USB BT adapter for like $10 and expect it to work pretty well? Any advice or suggestions regarding this?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
That's surprising.. I guess the post Epic-hype died down a bit. I finished RDR2 on xbox and see no reason to go back to it (especially since there's no cross-save). No way would I start from scratch.

I don't think Rockstar or Take Two expected Halo: The Master Chief Collection to be the juggernaut it has been on Steam. It's basically stolen all the thunder from the RDR2 launch. Too bad for them delaying a month!

For those who are waiting for Phoenix Point on GamePass you will wait more. They currently don't know when they will release it there because for some reason they can't get all content on MS Store and they don't want to release game that is different from other platforms

I will be waiting. At least they stopped fully blaming Microsoft and took some responsibility.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno how many of y'all are keeping up with Project Zomboid, but its latest update--currently in beta--is bananas.

It is basically turning the survival element into a full-blown RPG, with a rich character creator and active progression system. Once this update hits full release it'll be far and away the best zombie survival RPG on the market. Highly recommend anyone interested check it out.

Even without NPCs, it's leagues ahead of something like State of Decay mechanically. It's really awesome to see how far its come.

emphyrian

May 17, 2018
I was surprised to see that my aging rig could somewhat run Destiny 2, when I downloaded the free version this week. (Not that I have much of a clue whats going on yet!)
On a tight budget, would it be worth me getting more RAM, upgrade my processor or simply clone my HDD to a SSD for a temporary performance increase, until I get some proper cash again? (i5 2400, 8GB Ram, RX480 Graphics, 2012 PC.)
I asked the original shop I purchased it and they said get a new rig, which I understand but I'm not going to toss out a PC that although not perfect, can still run things to a degree. Cheers.

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH
DQ Builders 2 humor is surprising for a kids game. One of the very first major characters you meet pretty much asks you if you want to see some dead bodies... and we absolutely did. One of them was still alive so your buddy suggests to put them out of their misery. I'm digging it.

The humor caught me off guard too because of it's kids game status. There's a couple more scenes down the road that had me rolling as well. I just really wish the dialog pacing was different in that game as you move on. i eventually got to a point where I would try to mash through some of those conversations as fast as I could because it'd get boring.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Aren't RDR2 stats a bit low? I was expecting some crazy numbers.

Yeah. A combination of people buying the game on RGL since it could be safely assumed the Steam version would also be tied to it in some way and the rough reception the PC version has had since launch due to technical issues. Reviews of the Steam version are already "mixed", in fact.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
No way, I won Paratopic! I had it in my wishlist for so long, can't wait to finally play it! Thank you, Rika!

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't RDR2 stats a bit low? I was expecting some crazy numbers.

It's PC port of a year old game being released on Steam one month late and word of mouth is PC port is mess and even after a month, all issues aren't fixed.
And Steam version also brings new issues.

Considering Rockstar version has been around 33€, almost 50% off within a month, probably happens much faster than GTA V.

I was going to get it day one on Steam, but all these made me wait until some day in future.

(It probably didn't do crazy on RGL/EGS either, because otherwise it wouldn't have received such deep sales.)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Why would I buy RDR2 on Steam at launch for 60€ when it had 25% discount in less than a month everywhere else? I might as well just wait for Christmas sales in 2 weeks to get it for a likely 25% discount.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. So I used to use nero burning rom for CDs (for a long long time) but since I built a new computer and I have no clue where my nero is....

What's a good free (and safe) cd burning program? I need to burn a christmas CD lol.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
^ whatyearisit.jpg - If it's for music, I think windows can do that now.

I started watching the DMC5 GB quick look and they spend a lot of time with V, the guy who doesn't fight himself but does summons and it put me off the game, I didn't even finish the QL. Apparently you do get to play as Nero a bit and everyone keeps raving about the game so I was going to pick it up in the GMG sale as the price is really good...but if I want to see the live action cutscenes I have to get the deluxe version? For nearly double price? ... I'll wait I guess. Probably will forget about it.

IMO a really bad idea to lock cool cutscenes behind dlc.

Why would I buy RDR2 on Steam at launch for 60€ when it had 25% discount in less than a month everywhere else? I might as well just wait for Christmas sales in 2 weeks to get it for a likely 25% discount.

Yup.

So what's left that I'm seriously considering is Sekiro ... which looks quite cool, and I purchased most of the dark souls games because I love the idea of it but never really played them. It may have been the dark setting though and Sekiro does look a bit more up my alley...for a game I might not play very much, I'm not sold quite yet at the £30ish GMG price. Maybe at £20 in a steam sale this year.

Disco Elysium another time.

As time passes I get less incentive to pick up games that I would have purchased closer to release with the hype and other people playing. If enough time passes I wait for dirt cheap just to add to the collection and theoretically play in the future. I wish the pricing was better from the start. I really believe they'd make more overall.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
ah I was reading that windows will just burn it as data not audio, but it may have been updated.

and yeah.... I know, but my car still has a cd player in it and I'm burning it for my SO :P

I also still have a CD player for the car. I added the part about windows after I realised it's probably for music as I haven't got a clue about other software. I think Windows Media Player is what does it.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I also still have a CD player for the car. I added the part about windows after I realised it's probably for music as I haven't got a clue about other software. I think Windows Media Player is what does it.
looks like it might, I will have to look into it later. I have to go through with audactity to clean these up anyways so there isn't any breaks between songs that were on the original cds lol.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I dunno how many of y'all are keeping up with Project Zomboid, but its latest update--currently in beta--is bananas.

It is basically turning the survival element into a full-blown RPG, with a rich character creator and active progression system. Once this update hits full release it'll be far and away the best zombie survival RPG on the market. Highly recommend anyone interested check it out.

Even without NPCs, it's leagues ahead of something like State of Decay mechanically. It's really awesome to see how far its come.
The game has a multiplayer feature, right?
What'd happen when a player dies in the game? Do they respawn or die permanently?

I've been watching this game for a long time. If I can convince my buddies to get this game, I'd buy it in the next sale.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The game has a multiplayer feature, right?
What'd happen when a player dies in the game? Do they respawn or die permanently?

I've been watching this game for a long time. If I can convince my buddies to get this game, I'd buy it in the next sale.
It has multiplayer... I've just never used it before so I can't really say how it works. Sorry!

I'm a solo gamer, outside of like, Overwatch and FFXIV.

Oct 27, 2017
So what's left that I'm seriously considering is Sekiro ... which looks quite cool, and I purchased most of the dark souls games because I love the idea of it but never really played them. It may have been the dark setting though and Sekiro does look a bit more up my alley...for a game I might not play very much, I'm not sold quite yet at the £30ish GMG price. Maybe at £20 in a steam sale this year.

I bought it anyway, but I was a bit shocked by how small the discount on Sekiro was. If I recall correctly it only released a month or two after RE2, and before DMC5, right? Both of those had huge discounts in this sale, while Sekiro was still £32.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I bought it anyway, but I was a bit shocked by how small the discount on Sekiro was. If I recall correctly it only released a month or two after RE2, and before DMC5, right? Both of those had huge discounts in this sale, while Sekiro was still £32.
That's basically ActiBlizz. Can't remember a good sale/price by them. Similar with Nier:Automata though. That game was at about €23 during the sale. And that was it's historical low. Some companies don't want extra sales it seems.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Man Titanfall 2 campaign is one of the best AAA gaming experience this gen. I wish the story is longer, less straight forward and took a few twists and turns though, because the gameplay sure does. Whenever it introduce new gameplay elements I'm like, "Oh shit!!".

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Never used Battle.net befre. Can you close it after launching the game?

Nope.

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind. I misremembered the option and thought it controlled whether Bnet stays open after quitting a game.

Does it have offline mode?

Technically, yes, but I think StarCraft 2 is the only game that actually supports offline play.

Last edited:

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
I was surprised to see that my aging rig could somewhat run Destiny 2, when I downloaded the free version this week. (Not that I have much of a clue whats going on yet!)
On a tight budget, would it be worth me getting more RAM, upgrade my processor or simply clone my HDD to a SSD for a temporary performance increase, until I get some proper cash again? (i5 2400, 8GB Ram, RX480 Graphics, 2012 PC.)
I asked the original shop I purchased it and they said get a new rig, which I understand but I'm not going to toss out a PC that although not perfect, can still run things to a degree. Cheers.

With the price of SSDs these days you can probably upgrade your processor and get an SSD big enough to hold the OS and one or two games. That's probably your best bet. Then you can upgrade the gpu a year or so down the line and you'll essentially have a new rig.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. A combination of people buying the game on RGL since it could be safely assumed the Steam version would also be tied to it in some way and the rough reception the PC version has had since launch due to technical issues. Reviews of the Steam version are already "mixed", in fact.

Yeah, I have been reading the user reviews and seems a bit of a mess right now. Lot of people can't even start the game.

On a more positive note, TW: Three Kingdoms is soooo good, I having a ton of fun with it. I had zero prior knowledge of the setting and I'm loving it so far.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017

That game looks like it could be really good. Been tempted to pick it up a few times.

biocat

Oct 25, 2017
With the price of SSDs these days you can probably upgrade your processor and get an SSD big enough to hold the OS and one or two games. That's probably your best bet. Then you can upgrade the gpu a year or so down the line and you'll essentially have a new rig.
The beauty of PC gaming is a nearly decade old PC can still run every new game if you upgrade components once in a while.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Bought it years ago before it was on Steam and loved it as a concept, however tried it again about 4 years ago and it wasnt as fun as I remember it to be. Gonna have to try this when the update launches again.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
The beauty of PC gaming is a nearly decade old PC can still run every new game if you upgrade components once in a while.

Yeah, it's awesome. I can't believe they'd just tell him to throw it out and replace it completely. The whole point of having a PC is that you don't have to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan

I've had this in my Steam library for years, but only booted it once and then never really messed around with it after that. Look like it might be time to change that. It says it has partial controller support. Any idea how playable the game is with a controller? Is it one of those games that absolutely needs keyboard and mouse to manage everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.