• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
bu_ruka_001.png

damn Luca is too cute. Stop bonking her on the head damn it >_<

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It has been a really long time since I've updated my BIOS... I wonder if I should do that. It's probably been 3-4 years. I'm good at this stuff and these stories make even me nervous lol.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I had to do several BIOS updates in the months after that big Intel security fault was revealed. It always feels like a brush with death.

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
Just like to share that my xb1 controller was having a sticky right trigger which was thankfully resolved after some quick YouTube searches. This was getting especially troublesome in racing games where the accelerator will be physically held down half a second longer than necessary.

Used a flathead screwdriver to pry open the right controller prong and understood that the trigger hits a rubber stopper when fully depressed. I scraped the entire rubberised bit off, it was melting, or gunking up I think.

Replacement crisis averted.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is all just splitting hairs. You're just giving similar reasoning that all these companies have given.

Forgive me for wanting to discuss it instead of rattling off a one-sentence reply about capitalism and a revolution of our time 😇

Edit: Well that was more confrontational a reply of me than it needed it to be. Sorry. Still on my first cup of coffee, reading Meduza.io in parallel (also reports in English for those interested), and as usual tired of Russian affairs only appearing in the news when it pertains to foreign interference. None of which relates to you or this issue.

Last edited:

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Glory to HDR and all games that support it, how did I ever live without you?
It's funny how it can change a game's atmosphere, like I was testing it on Gears 4 and the game is suddenly much scarier than normal, all that increased contrast.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
PC just randomly restarting and I don't know why :(

Mine used to do this all the time. Really annoying. It happened after a Windows update. Sometimes i would set it to sleep and it would just turn off and immediately turn back on. Other times it would just sleep for a bit then randomly wake.

I just shut down now rather than sleep.

Jun 2, 2019

I just wish they added a controller configurator with support for all the major controllers :(

Guys, if you play Halo Reach with controller do yourself a favor and get a gyro controller to use with it. I paired my Switch pro controller with my PC for shit and giggles and holy shit it was so comfy doing precise aiming with gyro.

Microsoft are doing themselves and the gaming world a huge disservice by not including gyro in their controllers.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Halo Wars 2 still doesn't work on PC for people in 2019, one of those people being me. Tried all the fixes, still crashes on startup.

Mar 23, 2018
There's a reddit thread about AMD getting a new feature called "Radeon Boost", and people are speculating it's related to Hialgo Boost (Hialgo was acquired by AMD a few years ago), which is for dynamic resolution in games.

That is something that I've wanted for a while, even if I'm playing at 1080p still. I hope there's a workaround for the UI, as they mention in that post, because the UI changing resolution too doesn't seem ideal.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
That is something that I've wanted for a while, even if I'm playing at 1080p still. I hope there's a workaround for the UI, as they mention in that post, because the UI changing resolution too doesn't seem ideal.

If it works similarly to resolution scaling in games (simply dynamic), I don't think it would affect UI, fortunately.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i went and removed every keycap from my keyboard and cleaned it. People should just buy new cheap keyboard every 6 months XD

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Completed Anthem, one of the worst games I played in a while.
You do the exact same missions against the exact same enemies again and again.
The plot sucks, and it sucks even because those cinematics are just way too boring, so I just skipped them after a while and I missed nothing, since the whole thing is a confusing mess anyway.
Fort Tarsis is just useless and boring, if in a future update Bioware will remove it the game can only improve by that.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
FUCK. Football Manager is addictive.

Thought I'd put it aside for a while after reaching the end of the 2nd season, maybe play Field of Glory II next. I played the tutorial, but an hour later I'm back to FM. :|

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i finished Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris with friend. First of all that is one short game, we finished it in under 5 hours (without all challenge tombs and collectibles). It is worse than Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. While some tombs are bigger overall game is easier. Also that damn in game map is worthless. But it is still fun game to play and voice actress who is voicing Lara is miles ahead of Camila in new trilogy. In the end i must say that i prefer both Lara Croft games more than new TR trilogy.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders II is surprisingly lot of fun for me. They do a great job turning what would feel like busywork into something you want to do.

Not sure how I'm going to deal with DQBII, MechWarrior 5 Mercs, and Boneworks all on the same day.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
New team, I believe. There was a Q&A in the summer where they mentioned getting a number of "industry vets"

I'm pretty sure GSC's been poaching staff from Ubisoft's Ukrainian studios, among others.

On one hand I'm kind of worried that the original team has long disbanded to various studios. But on the other hand, none of the games with STALKER vets on them have felt at all like STALKER to me. Perhaps the magic of it really is just with the franchise itself, and it will be recaptured by whoever goes on to try it.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
im going through my steam library and permanently removing a bunch of games, I like this feature.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
FM20 is so much smoother with a new CPU 😍

The mighty Blyth Spartans may finally win the Champions League now.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
What are you guys using for organizing your backlog? I'm currently in the process of creating a collection on Steam, but I'd like to sort everything in a list.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
How do you exactly update your bios?
Because it's something I never did in my life.

Also I'm trying to play Halo Reach, I click Play in the XBox App and absolutely nothing happens.
All it's updated.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
You simply download the BIOS update through your manufacturer's website, enter BIOS flash in BIOS and then locate the file you downloaded. Some motherboards allow for updating via internet as well.

Very straightforward process, but it can potentially brick your motherboard if the computer loses power during the process.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018

Also I'm trying to play Halo Reach, I click Play in the XBox App and absolutely nothing happens.
All it's updated.

In case, for whatever reason, you don't want to update your BIOS try clicking on Halo Reach in the Start Menu. I was having this same issue and bypass it by clicking on Reach in the Start Menu.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FM is a boring ass game once you play online with friends.

Played FM10-15 online, hundreds of hours each. Our clan on the SI forums was the most active every year with close to 10 players some years (not sure if it's still around for fm20).
Played FM16-18 single-player, got bored after about 20 seasons in each (couldn't make the times anymore for online clan).

I wish FML hadn't failed - that was so much fun.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What are you guys using for organizing your backlog? I'm currently in the process of creating a collection on Steam, but I'd like to sort everything in a list.
I made 1 category as dynamic and just had all games arranged by release date. This would cause Steam to put all of your games into this new category but arrange by date.
Call it bizarre, but it is how 've been going through my backlog this past month or two ;)

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Completed Anthem, one of the worst games I played in a while.
You do the exact same missions against the exact same enemies again and again.
The plot sucks, and it sucks even because those cinematics are just way too boring, so I just skipped them after a while and I missed nothing, since the whole thing is a confusing mess anyway.
Fort Tarsis is just useless and boring, if in a future update Bioware will remove it the game can only improve by that.
It's like EA looked at Destiny and tried their best to recreate bit failed miserably. I gave up after 3 hours of gameplay.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Played FM10-15 online, hundreds of hours each. Our clan on the SI forums was the most active every year with close to 10 players some years (not sure if it's still around for fm20).
Played FM16-18 single-player, got bored after about 20 seasons in each (couldn't make the times anymore for online clan).

I wish FML hadn't failed - that was so much fun.
It's funner with friends, but I still love it solo

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Updated my BIOS once on a day where I kept getting power outages + was downloading it with my internet that tends to disconnect periodically. Thinking back, I would have probably played russian roulette that day if someone asked me.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders II is surprisingly lot of fun for me. They do a great job turning what would feel like busywork into something you want to do.

Not sure how I'm going to deal with DQBII, MechWarrior 5 Mercs, and Boneworks all on the same day.

They do a good job only making you do the busywork long enough to get tired of it, and then your villagers take over so you're always doing something new. Each chapter is also completely different from the others so there is new stuff for you to do all the time. On top of that there's a ton of content.

I never really got into DQB1, and I almost bounced off 2 just because the beginning was very farming heavy and I didn't know if that was the entire game. Thankfully there's a lot more to it than farming, and they allow you to do the bare minimum to progress, or perfectly plan and design everything freely.

Very enjoyable game.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017

I get what you're saying, but when you have to wait for your friends to continue instead of taking hours searching for players to buy, sometimes the joy of simply continuing instantly is very fun.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Oh thanks Dan~
How was Ashen as a Souls game? I see it's releasing in two days on Steam. I remember hearing good things and bad things about it when it released on EGS.
Sucks that there isn't even a price. I was very interested in this game last year but EGS was a dealbreaker, and a year later, my interested massively faded and I probably won't even bother picking it up unless it's dirt cheap, tbh. 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.