• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
ELo-DV4UwAIwS7e.jpg:large

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From Software getting their due time on the stage finally.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I think the only thing Epic nabbed off my wishlist is Foregone. That's a pretty slow showing for them.

There's also Godfall, but Gearbox made it sound like Epic actually helped with development on that, so I'm willing to give them a pass on that.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Epic is publishing Surgeon Sim 2, to be fair. That's exactly the sort of thing it should be doing, not using Steam Store pages and crowdfunding campaigns as window shopping platforms.

I made mistake, Bossa is independent.

I think the only thing Epic nabbed off my wishlist is Foregone. That's a pretty slow showing for them.

There's also Godfall, but Gearbox made it sound like Epic actually helped with development on that, so I'm willing to give them a pass on that.

I doubt, they all thank Epic when they announce exclusivity.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Bossa have to recover from the failure that was Worlds Adrift, 5 years and more of development (And god knows how much money) throwed away without even releasing the 1.0
It`s not surprising that they`re looking for a fresh instant bag of money

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surgeon Sim 2, on one hand, I'm surprised they didn't go Steam just because meme games clearly are far more successful on Steam than any other platform (save maybe Switch).

On the other hand, it's an indie sequel and those are almost always cursed to fail (The Forest devs were smart to leave the 2 out of their game's title) so I can see hedging their bets.

Either way, not a game I really would have ever played outside of a bundle.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Surgeon Sim 2, on one hand, I'm surprised they didn't go Steam just because meme games clearly are far more successful on Steam than any other platform (save maybe Switch).

On the other hand, it's an indie sequel and those are almost always cursed to fail (The Forest devs were smart to leave the 2 out of their game's title) so I can see hedging their bets.

I dont actually know what those games are made for.

Goat Sim and Surgeon Simulator are both..... games with shit ass physics, broken gameplay and really feel more like "Streamer" games "Oh, so wacky".

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Epic is actually publishing the game for a change (the trailer doesn't explicitly mention this, but Epic is listed as the sole copyright claimant in the legal blurb at the end), so I presume Bossa didn't have the resources to self-publish.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont actually know what those games are made for.

Goat Sim and Surgeon Simulator are both..... games with shit ass physics, broken gameplay and really feel more like "Streamer" games "Oh, so wacky".

Goat Sim I can see the appeal of, it's simple enough that it's easily enjoyable for young people. My nieces fucking loved goat sim. I think there is arguably some lineage from it to Goose Game.

Surgeon Sim however is just too fiddly and hard that I can't see anyone that's not a streamer playing for more than 20 minutes at a time.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
" We've got even more great games coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store on PC: "

Top of that page.
I don`t think that Epic has ever said that their exclusives were temporarily, to me it sounds like pr words placed carefully to hype the store (I mean, it makes sense even tho it`s shitty, just like what happens when a game gets announced ``only`` for PS4)

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Wolf isn't a permanent exclusive. (Though I don't think there are any?)

Thank you Epic for deflating any enthusiasm on new game announcements.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I don`t think that Epic has ever said that their exclusive were temporarily, to me it sounds like a pr words placed carefully to hype the store (I mean, it makes sense even tho it`s shitty, just like what happens when a game gets announced ``only``) for PS4

It will just be a temp exclusive again though.

Also:

and Gears Tactics:

steamdb.info

Gears Tactics · AppID: 1184050

Gears Tactics is the fast-paced, turn-based strategy game from one of the most-acclaimed video game franchises – Gears of War. Outnumbered and fighting for survival, recruit and command your squad to hunt down an evil mastermind who makes monsters. Gears Tactics Steam charts, data, update history.

Status
Not open for further replies.