• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Just noticed HB removes old keys, HB Originals, though tbf. they were never advertised with Steam keys and always DRM free and just later HB provided Steam keys for those.

...While I am happy to have some new information on the situation, I'm afraid that it won't be what we were hoping.

First, I'd like to recap the situation. ... A few months after that Month's content was revealed, the developer released their Humble Original on Steam. After some internal discussion, we thought it would be a nice bonus for subscribers to also get one of these Steam keys, which we quickly implemented.

We unfortunately underestimated the popularity of these keys and quickly ran out. We have been working for the past weeks to try and secure more keys for those who were unable to get one, but we have been unable to do so. At this point in time, we are sorry to say that we will not be able to provide a Steam key for these games. I know that this is not at all what we wanted to happen and I am very sorry for this outcome.

• Macdows 95 (in June 2019 monthly)
  • Ethereal (in Sept 2018 monthly)
  • Roombo: First Blood (in January 2019 monthly)
  • A Short Hike (in April 2019 monthly, see other comments here)
  • Fortune-499 (in Feb 2018 monthly, see other comments here)

Name names so I don't support this pls

Its for people with at least dev accounts, so I wont name names.
The forum is locked to devs.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
and that is a wrap on ARR (err...again, second time credits roll on it I guess lol), if Heavensward onward storytelling is more like the ending, I am very much looking forward to it.

May 30, 2018
Just noticed HB removes old keys, HB Originals, though tbf. they were never advertised with Steam keys and always DRM free and just later HB provided Steam keys for those.

dang. this is the response i got last week after asking about what was up with
Ethereal and Macdows 95:

Z5l9iJN.png

i just replied to my ticket with them asking them to confirm the reddit post and what they will do to compensate for it. pretty frustrating - there was never any indication that those needed to be redeemed right away.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I love the hypocrisy of people whining about key sites like CDKeys whilst discussing and asking for how-tos to exploit regional pricing.

Oct 25, 2017
It's always a sad thing when you remember a game you were excited to come out, only to see it's dead and the studio gone.

Well since I can't have it, anyone know of any other game akin to what Kieru was going to be? Single hue opponents fighting each other, able to hide in their colour of environments? It was specifically sword fighting with black and white, but it's the general idea rather than style of combat or genre I care about.

Here is a video since Greenlight doesn't have one any more.
Sorry for replying to this again, but taking a peek on my list today I also found:

addyb

Oct 27, 2017
I got gifted a £20 steam voucher today. I keep looking at Disco Elysium. It could be mine for 7 English pounds. Does anyone already own it? Just after Impressions of it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I got gifted a £20 steam voucher today. I keep looking at Disco Elysium. It could be mine for 7 English pounds. Does anyone already own it? Just after Impressions of it.

Got it two days ago and have put about 16 hours into it. If you are into games like Fallout or Planescape: Torment, it's definitely for you. If you like lots and lots of dialogue, it's for you. If you're just interested in politics, worldbuilding, economics, culture war, or anything like that, it's for you.

The only pause I would give in recommendation is that it's not a traditional RPG. If you're into character creation, lots of customization, crazy levels of choice and freedom, etc, it might not be your thing. It's actually a pretty linear game.

It's easily a GOTY contender for me. Probably #2 behind Death Stranding (but holding off on locking that in until I finish Disco).

I hope it's discounted quick tbh

I'd get it day 1 if it has crossplay

So I won't get it day 1

the absolute best case scenario is that it's similar to Spider-Man, where the gameplay isn't anything special but it serves it's purpose well and the story is somehow waaaaaay better than it has any right to be.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
got my machinist and astrologian jobs (damn it sucks they are 30 and not 50 like Samurai, you are so limited skills wise at 30, you barely feel the flow of the jobs), what's the best way to level them back up to 50ish for the HW quests then, since I have no pre-50 MSQs now and those were what gave a ton of xp?

Just chain run random dungeons? I guess thats fine with the Astro with the healer queue times, not so much with the Machinist tho :/

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Wait, I received a message saying if I use my wallet credit to purchase games there's a chance I won't get the coins, is this something new?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
wait i thought this nancy drew collector pack just had all of them (my girlfriend played a bunch as a kid and i was gonna buy all of them for her because why not its like 20 bucks)

but theres like 15 other ones outside of it across some other bundles too

what are they doing

and apparently this new one sucks too

1 gift from Teggy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Teggy Teggy!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Teggy said:
NOTE: THIS IS A RAFFLE FOR ANOMALY 1, ANOMALY DEFENDERS, ANOMALY KOREA AND ANOMALY 2. AFTER THE WINNER IS CHOSEN I WILL SEND THE REST OF THE KEYS

I hope someone likes tower defense

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Anomaly: Warzone Earth

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
So I started up A Robot Named Fight. For those who have played it, is it possible to get stuck and have no option but to restart in this game?
I'm in a position where the only paths not taken are one too high up to jump to (no double jump, no flight, no wall jump spots to get to it) and one of those orbs that need to be hit to open a gate except I don't have any weapon that can do so (it's behind a wall, needs flamethrower I believe). I have all the items and objects available to me so I can't collect anything else.

I don't mind restarting, but it seems a bit bad for a game to soft lock you like that.

Sorry for replying to this again, but taking a peek on my list today I also found:

No worries, I had forgotten Pato existed and the other is new to me, so that helps me out. Thank you.

Volcynika

Oct 26, 2017
So I started up A Robot Named Fight. For those who have played it, is it possible to get stuck and have no option but to restart in this game?
I'm in a position where the only paths not taken are one too high up to jump to (no double jump, no flight, no wall jump spots to get to it) and one of those orbs that need to be hit to open a gate except I don't have any weapon that can do so (it's behind a wall, needs flamethrower I believe). I have all the items and objects available to me so I can't collect anything else.

I don't mind restarting, but it seems a bit bad for a game to soft lock you like that.

No worries, I had forgotten Pato existed and the other is new to me, so that helps me out. Thank you.

I've never had that happen in the many runs I have done, tbh.

May 30, 2018

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
8dDLcbT.png

i hope i didn't goof something up. i had enough to theoretically buy 2 but it didn't let me get more that i could tell.

EDIT: https://old.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/ed331g/steam_winter_sale_5_5000_credit_coupon_only_one/

looks like from that thread people in other regions might not have that restriction. i'm in the US, which seems to have that limit of 1.
I was just going off my quick glance and how it worked last time.

Must have changed it. That sucks.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
So far the only thing I've bought is Chrono Trigger. I wanted to buy F.E.A.R. 1 during the sales on Nuuvem but, well...

unknown.png

It's the only one that's not on sale lol

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I decided to give the Steam controller another chance, and think I'm getting the hang of it. I think what compounded my earlier issue is that F.E.A.R. is a bit dated, there's no aim-down-sight, just a slight zoom available, and there's also no sprint, just walk, so yeah a pretty weird FPS experience.

Currently up to level 3, and I'm indifferent to the game at the moment. Mediocre music, unamusing acting, uninspired voice messages. I'll continue with it and see how I feel a level or two later.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
I decided to give the Steam controller another chance, and think I'm getting the hang of it. I think what compounded my earlier issue is that F.E.A.R. is a bit dated, there's no aim-down-sight, just a slight zoom available, and there's also no sprint, just walk, so yeah a pretty weird FPS experience.

Currently up to level 3, and I'm indifferent to the game at the moment. Mediocre music, unamusing acting, uninspired voice messages. I'll continue with it and see how I feel a level or two later.
The story is complicated and won't really click until you play the expansions and the sequel. However you should look at it as an FPS without story but with helluva good shooting and atmosphere. There's a good mix of action and horror so you never end up with too much of one thing. Also no sprint or ADS was pretty standard at the time :P

Status
Not open for further replies.