• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I remember signing up to VG Chartz to point out the massive discrepancy between its sales figures for Drake's Fortune and the milestone Sony had then just announced (back then, each individual game page has its own comments section).

My account was full-on deleted and the sales figures ninja-edited.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way in Big Picture Mode to show all the games that are NOT in a category?

I have put all my VR games in a category but I don't need to see them when I'm playing in Big Picture Mode on my TV... I use the "Installed" filter which is better than nothing but that's still a lot of extra games I don't need to see.

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched Witcher ep1 with absolutely no experience of the franchise (both games and books) and this part of the EW review -
There's the constant download of fantasy verbiage, including much talk about a "kikimora" and a town I swear is called "Blevicum." Mikkelsen's character has a big line about how Geralt "made a choice," which feels like a hat-tip to the open-world nature of the games.
Makes 0 sense. Are those, like, enthusiast reviewers and not actual film/TV/cultural critics?

*reads further*

oh

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
How's Code Vein? It's on sale some places for like 45% off and it looks interesting. Thinking of grabbing it but reviews are kind of all over the place.
Just like the game. It's done by the same team behind God Eater and they haven't improved their writing or the way they handle characters at all. It works like Dark Souls: discover the level, fight stuff gain "souls", use them to level up or buy skills/weapons but it has so many cutscenes, or you'd wish they were cutscenes because then you'd be able to skip them but nah, you have to very slowly walk through these mini levels and hear every bit of exposition they want to throw at you.

In short: the game will test your patience and do everything it can to become an unenjoybale experience.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Just like the game. It's done by the same team behind God Eater and they haven't improved their writing or the way they handle characters at all. It works like Dark Souls: discover the level, fight stuff gain "souls", use them to level up or buy skills/weapons but it has so many cutscenes, or you'd wish they were cutscenes because then you'd be able to skip them but nah, you have to very slowly walk through these mini levels and hear every bit of exposition they want to throw at you.

In short: the game will test your patience and do everything it can to become an unenjoybale experience.
It's also complete anime trash.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
There's a weird dithering effect in RE2, most noticably on Leon's hair and body armour and I'm not sure what's causing it. Quickly looking online for fixes, a solution seems to be turning on TXAA but that just blurs the entire screen. Are there any other solutions?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So according to the event page..

Earn More Tokens When you Shop in the Winter Sale
Shop on Steam during the Winter Sale and earn 100 Festivity Tokens for every $1 you spend on Steam. You will be granted Festivity Tokens when you fund your Steam Wallet (during the sale) or make a purchase using non-Steam Wallet funds.

I funded $70 steam wallet funds just an hour ago and...didnt get any tokens :(.....

Tested to see if I get tokens from buying one of the games I wanted to get (AoE Definitive Edition) - didnt get any points (which I understand since it says you dont get tokens for using steam wallet funds) but I should have gotten tokens for adding steam wallet funds.....right?

May 30, 2018
Tested to see if I get tokens from buying one of the games I wanted to get (AoE Definitive Edition) - didnt get any points (which I understand since it says you dont get tokens for using steam wallet funds) but I should have gotten tokens for adding steam wallet funds.....right?
i got tokens when i redeemed a $100 wallet credit gift card thing i bought at gamestop today

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So there's this island you're sent to early on in subnautica that's kind of important, partially because it's a good source for certain metals. Well I went there before making any beacons and now I can't find it again 😭

I swear, I've made so many mistakes in this game I kind of want to start over using the knowledge I've gained so far.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I bought Tetris Effect yesterday and couldn't stop playing until my head was messed up. On my best attempt I was 6 lines from beating Metamorphosis on Normal (guessing it is the last stage in story?). I get terrible grades though so there is something I miss, apart from using continues. Still, solid 5/5 game!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
BasilZero Contact support.
They may reply late but at least they can work to fixing any issues you encountered.
Keep in mind that Purchasing with wallet funds during this sale do not award you coins.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
If you want to see pretty game ruined by MTX and RNG go and play Tennis Clash on mobile. I never saw prettier mobile game destroyed this much, developers are shameless.

I should go back and play Bulletstorm and continue to ignore mobile games XD

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
So there's this island you're sent to early on in subnautica that's kind of important, partially because it's a good source for certain metals. Well I went there before making any beacons and now I can't find it again 😭

I swear, I've made so many mistakes in this game I kind of want to start over using the knowledge I've gained so far.

Its such a good game. Loved the exploration elements.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far so good in Hades as far as options are concerned, even has a mouse lock toggle for borderless
edit:
omg there a pet doggo button 😍

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
There's a weird dithering effect in RE2, most noticably on Leon's hair and body armour and I'm not sure what's causing it. Quickly looking online for fixes, a solution seems to be turning on TXAA but that just blurs the entire screen. Are there any other solutions?
I had to use a reshade filter to fix it, forgot what it was but someone posted it in the performance thread. Was probably just sharpening.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
The way Steam is handling this sale really suck if you compare it to the Epic store: a 4.50€ voucher every 45€ spent on the store and with wallet credit excluded, while Epic gave a 10€ voucher by default to everyone, a free game each day and additional vouchers when you buy games.

Also regarding cdkeys:

I suppose this comes with no pre-order bonus?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The way Steam is handling this sale really suck if you compare it to the Epic store: a 4.50€ voucher every 45€ spent on the store and with wallet credit excluded, while Epic gave a 10€ voucher by default to everyone, a free game each day and additional vouchers when you buy games.

It is not 4,50€ for every 45€ spent. Its 4,50€ for the first 45€ spent.

You cant earn more than one coupon.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
It is not 4,50€ for every 45€ spent. Its 4,50€ for the first 45€ spent.

You cant earn more than one coupon.
Ah well, much better than.
Lol. Even considering the majority of those titles are cheaper on GMG or similar sites, see RE2 which is like 7€ more on Steam compared to GMG.
Bah. Didn't buy a single game yet.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017

Also regarding cdkeys:

I suppose this comes with no pre-order bonus?
What Chairmanchuck said, it's just one voucher in Steam which makes it even more laughable.

Cdkeys RE3 could come with pre-order bonuses, they usually add those pretty late.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
BasilZero Contact support.
They may reply late but at least they can work to fixing any issues you encountered.
Keep in mind that Purchasing with wallet funds during this sale do not award you coins.

I sent one last night but going by experience I can expect probably in a month a response (lol).

Anyways, I got my tokens - all 7,000 - from adding funds to my steam wallet which is what I was waiting for :p

Got the $5 coupon and used it on The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Third Chapter.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
CD Keys Wintersale has started now I guess. Still not sure if it's really the sale.
But if it is, it's kinda disappointing this year. Many games were cheaper a few weeks ago. Wolfenstein Youngblood was 12,99€ for example (now 15,29€)
The price for Terminator: Resistance did not even change in the sale.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Well only one of these are trying to make profit
but I agree it's weakass sale again. especially excluding us who had wallet.

Is the call of duty campaign any good? Might give it a shot this weekend.

Yeah. Not a masterpiece, but I had some fun playing through it.
Very beautiful game too.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
CD Keys Wintersale has started now I guess. Still not sure if it's really the sale.
But if it is, it's kinda disappointing this year. Many games were cheaper a few weeks ago. Wolfenstein Youngblood was 12,99€ for example (now 15,29€)
The price for Terminator: Resistance did not even change in the sale.

I does not appear in the sale page, but they have Ace Combat with a 61% discount. I don't know if it was this low before the sale.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Every time I used the Steam controller while playing FEAR, I noticed my keyboard kept switching from UK to US, and the @ symbol was replaced with ". I finally realised I had to change the 'input language hot key' setting in Windows. It was something like left shift+alt, yeesh!

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Got the season pass for BATTLETECH and started another game.
Is it me or do Assault mechs come in much quicker now? I just got the Argos and most contracts have an enemy with an Assault already.

Status
Not open for further replies.