• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
So should Minecraft and League of Legends be eligible for the Game of the Decade? Obviously, both were released in 2009, but both games were phenomenons of this decade, not last, and excluding them on the basis of being available for a few weeks or months last decade feels wrong. Maybe I'll make 'Games that received significant post release support in the 2010's' eligible for the awad.

League I don't know about but wasn't the "1.0" release of Minecraft this decade?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support.

I'm getting this from two days when I try to purchase a game as a gift, what I need to do?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Does anyone find all walking simulators inherently creepy? They could not be related to the horror genre at all and I'd still feel creeped out by being the only person in an empty environment. I'm always looking around trying to spot anyone spying on me.
Yep. Especially some have a really oppressive atmosphere without seemingly trying to.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support.

I'm getting this from two days when I try to purchase a game as a gift, what I need to do?
Is your card working? The one time I had a weird error with the Steam cart, it was because my card got locked due to erroneously suspicious activity.

I tried to buy Total Warhammer 1 like 20 times before I thought to actually call about it...

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Is your card working? The one time I had a weird error with the Steam cart, it was because my card got locked due to erroneously suspicious activity.

I tried to buy Total Warhammer 1 like 20 times before I thought to actually call about it...
What do you mean? If I try to checkout I receive that error. Dunno if the cart is working, I suppose it's not.

Sorry i meant as in the person you are gidting to is in a different region than yours.

Nope, same region.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf at the game and wtf at the developer's name. What is Valve doing?
That's actually the tamer version... or so I think from the vague descriptions I've read about the original.
Used to be called Towergirl and there was a legal battle around it.

Quick googling seems to indicate it's legit.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know Steam was doing cards for queues again. I thought they stopped doing that the last couple sales? 🤔
Finding holiday quest is possible only if you know about it in advance cause it's buried under the pile of whatever. Same about queue and cards, I remembered accidentally and checked just in case, yup, missed a couple of days of free cards.

Nice DISCOVERABILITY steam

1 gift from vastag

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from vastag vastag!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

vastag said:
Game is a bit flawed, but still fun.

These are our awesome prizes:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Hey PC Era.

My dad is interested in getting a PC to play some games on. Specifically Rome Total War 2 (he used to be a huge fan of the original).

It needs to be cheap and building one isn't an option. It doesn't need to be super fancy and able to play the latest games at 4k 60fps, just something which can play Total War without too much of an issue.

Ideally it would be a laptop as well...

It's been a while since I've had anything to do with PC gaming so I don't really know where or what to start looking for.

Any help would be super appreciated.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Hey PC Era.

My dad is interested in getting a PC to play some games on. Specifically Rome Total War 2 (he used to be a huge fan of the original).

It needs to be cheap and building one isn't an option. It doesn't need to be super fancy and able to play the latest games at 4k 60fps, just something which can play Total War without too much of an issue.

Ideally it would be a laptop as well...

It's been a while since I've had anything to do with PC gaming so I don't really know where or what to start looking for.

Any help would be super appreciated.

If you're looking specifically for a laptop recommendation, I'd suggest this thread:

www.resetera.com

Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread OT

In conjunction with the PC Gaming Threads archive and that there's no Laptop gaming discussion thread on this forum yet, I would like to start it. Let's use this thread to share news, comments about our gaming laptops, upcoming advances in laptop gaming technology and other helpful information...

jem

Oct 25, 2017
If you're looking specifically for a laptop recommendation, I'd suggest this thread:

www.resetera.com

Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread OT

In conjunction with the PC Gaming Threads archive and that there's no Laptop gaming discussion thread on this forum yet, I would like to start it. Let's use this thread to share news, comments about our gaming laptops, upcoming advances in laptop gaming technology and other helpful information...
Thanks for the link.

To be fair, it doesn't have to be a laptop. That would just be better.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey PC Era I'm looking to build a PC soon here, I haven't into PC gaming since the PS3/360 era fell off quite a bit.

My budget is about $600 but I'm also looking to potentially spend more. Is there going to be any drastic changes with PC gaming going into the new gen of consoles which I should wait for?

Looking to play on med/high settings on current games not 4k res. Thank you

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
bought hades and messed around for a bit, very fun game. just the kind of pick up and play game I needed right now

Oct 30, 2017
Hey PC Era I'm looking to build a PC soon here, I haven't into PC gaming since the PS3/360 era fell off quite a bit.

My budget is about $600 but I'm also looking to potentially spend more. Is there going to be any drastic changes with PC gaming going into the new gen of consoles which I should wait for?

Looking to play on med/high settings on current games not 4k res. Thank you
Check this thread. There are some builds in the op to start from and people will also sometimes post deals, along with helping you out with your build.

The PC Builders Thread ("I Need a New PC") v2

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
In what is undoubtedly the best year yet for developer Respawn Entertainment, after the humongous success of Apex Legends, STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order has reached over 6 million players worldwide boosted by EA's subscription service offerings - the PC based Origin Access in particular - and a surprising Steam launch.

PC leads the pack with ~2.5M players, around 300K of which are via Steam. 59% of the Steam players of the game already had an Origin account that they connected to, while the rest used a guest account.

Those numbers can't be true.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Is there any way to get a cloud save back via Windows? I was playing Sunset Overdrive on Game Pass, uninstalled the game when my pass expired, then decided to buy it while it's on sale, installed to the same location as before and playing as the same user, and it's "lost" my save. The game page in the Windows Store says it supports cloud saves.

EDIT: I google'd all over, couldn't find anything, so I just started over. Of course being MS something goes wrong with a purchase or install, of course. Also, I had to reset my computer during the install phase, again because of course.

Last edited:

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone clarify how the coupon thing works on the EGS?

If I spend 12.50 on a game that was originally 22.50 without the use of a coupon, do I get another coupon because the sale price was over the 14.99 threshold?

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, two days ago I bought a game for $24 on Steam, but never got any tokens. I used my fund that I got months ago.

Jun 2, 2019
Okay i'll ask over here since in the Epic sale thread i got ignored :(

Is The Crew 2 worth it for someone who loved Forza Horizon 3 & 4? (I actually own FH3, and i'm playing 4 on GamePass)

I'm debating over getting it on the Epic Store for 5 €, but since i'm slightly short on cash, i would like to know if i'm going to get something worthy of my money.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Guys, two days ago I bought a game for $24 on Steam, but never got any tokens. I used my fund that I got months ago.
Wallet credit? Alas this sale, wallet credits do not reward any coins this sale >_>;
I keep pestering them on Twitter about it for one thing.

Basically:
Wallet top up: Get Coins
Buy using anything except wallet credit: Get Coins

yeah it's a silly rule and I really hope they change it. Just give coins for BUYING things like in the last sale.

Okay i'll ask over here since in the Epic sale thread i got ignored :(

Is The Crew 2 worth it for someone who loved Forza Horizon 3 & 4? (I actually own FH3, and i'm playing 4 on GamePass)

I'm debating over getting it on the Epic Store for 5 €, but since i'm slightly short on cash, i would like to know if i'm going to get something worthy of my money.
I think it's OK for EUR 5. Dunno if I'd compare it to FH3 and 4, but I enjoyed using the 3 vehicle typoes for the most part. Unlocking later vehicles can be a bit grindy however.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'd say up to £500.
Hmm far as laptops go, GTX 1650 or GTX 1650 Ti graphic cards should be good to run the game, at least for a new laptop. Just a little gfx tweaking and performance should be fine.
Thing is I can't seem to find something around that price point sadly ^^; The laptop thread should be able to help out more at least, but keep this info in mind and ask to find better options.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like EGS lured everyone with a big hitter (Into the Breach) and now it's gonna be bottom of the barrel bundle fodder for the remaining freebies.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Looks like EGS lured everyone with a big hitter (Into the Breach) and now it's gonna be bottom of the barrel bundle fodder for the remaining freebies.
Superhot is bottom of the barrel? There have been guesses in another topic based on Epic apparently rating their upcoming games in Korea first, or something like that. This post was two days ago, and today's game is Little Inferno and tomorrow's might be Ape Out:

Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Little Inferno
Yooka-Laylee and the impossible Lair
Ape Out
The Talos Principle
TABS : Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
A Knight's Quest
Cardpocalypse

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017

It looks like they got Ape Out coming and apparently there was a rumor for Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. But I was kind of hoping for Outer Wilds.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why it's only indies now. Why not older AAA stuff like Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Rise of the Tomb Raider which are now both cheap as chips.
I read here on ERA that the free games have to be new additions to the store. So it can't be games that are already available.
I imagine they're not super interested in bringing old games for now.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017

If the Korean leak is true, nope, the remaining freebies won't be bundle fodder (kingdom come and the new Yooka will be there). But for now you're right.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
some people on my steam friends list have their names in gold instead of the usual green, that's just the holiday profile stuff right?

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Superhot is bottom of the barrel?
I expressed badly, my meaning was in terms of cost. I loved Superhot and enjoyed Little Inferno greatly, but both were basically given away for free before.
If we indeed are getting Ape Out and Yooka that's pretty awesome.
Also I was actually praising Epic on its clever marketing tactics. It was a smart move.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Completed Gris that I got from alr1ght giveaway. Damn that game is beautiful in everything. Story, music, art, animation even the water sections were not frustrating.

Definitely recommend this game, only thing is that I finished it right after Life is Strange 2 and I am still full of feelings lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.