• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I found depth and storage mods for my seamoth and then got attacked by a giant fish and now they are gone 😭

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Love that Steam uses its vast recommendation algorithm to recommend games that I've ignored. /s

Like, are there so few games similar to what I play on Steam, or is it just biased against more prominent games, to the point of forcing them through even when the user specifically does not want to see them?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I'm really confused on Humble Choice. I've got the classic plan yet I can't actually access the games listed in the Humble Choice until I pay $12? What? This makes no sense.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm really confused on Humble Choice. I've got the classic plan yet I can't actually access the games listed in the Humble Choice until I pay $12? What? This makes no sense.

they announce the games a month ahead of time, it's weird. So the games they announced at the beginning of December are actually the games they'll bill you for in January, unless you unlock them early.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So Shadow of the Tomb Raider, etc are the January games?

basically - they'll announce new games in January but you'll need to proactively unlock them.

it's like how they used to announce 3 games ahead of time and you could early unlock them. Now they just announce all the games ahead of time.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
So I've got to bug someone with voice chat to get my holiday badge? Come on Gabe.

They only have to accept it for a second and neither of you even need mics.

Love that Steam uses its vast recommendation algorithm to recommend games that I've ignored. /s

Like, are there so few games similar to what I play on Steam, or is it just biased against more prominent games, to the point of forcing them through even when the user specifically does not want to see them?

Isn't that specifically a setting? Because I'm sure I've seen that.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Shadow of the Tomb Raider, etc are the January games?
No, these are the December games. The reason why we both had December games for Monthly and Choice is because you wouldn't know the rest of the games for monthly until December, but you now know all the games upfront so it is still December.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've got to bug someone with voice chat to get my holiday badge? Come on Gabe.

On the first day when the servers were getting slammed, I briefly saw *all* of the holiday tasks, and one of them was "have a friend watch your stream." I think. It may have just been watch a stream or make a stream, but that task might be coming.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
On the first day when the servers were getting slammed, I briefly saw *all* of the holiday tasks, and one of them was "have a friend watch your stream." I think. It may have just been watch a stream or make a stream, but that task might be coming.

unknown.png

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that specifically a setting? Because I'm sure I've seen that.
Wait really?

Like "do use ignored games in the recommendation algorithm" or something? I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I'm not seeing anything obvious in the recommendation preferences/settings pages, but there might be some other page I'm unaware of.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why but the way Cavill answered this made me laugh. It's the face he pulls

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is Valve actually still doing any kind of developpement for the Big Picture mode?

It's doing an ok job for what I need but there's so many small improvements that I wish would be added to it but right now it feels really old and stale...

Deleted member 27751

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cavill is almost like that trope of a nerd lucking on good looks but still being a nerd. I just love that face though, as if disgusted that the interviewer would even speak of consoles to him.
they announce the games a month ahead of time, it's weird. So the games they announced at the beginning of December are actually the games they'll bill you for in January, unless you unlock them early.
No, these are the December games. The reason why we both had December games for Monthly and Choice is because you wouldn't know the rest of the games for monthly until December, but you now know all the games upfront so it is still December.
That is...very confusing. So on the 25th I'll get access to them?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Cavill is almost like that trope of a nerd lucking on good looks but still being a nerd. I just love that face though, as if disgusted that the interviewer would even speak of consoles to him.

I am also confused. If I already own most of the games in the bundle (all the expensive ones, at least), do I have to pause before Dec 29th again? ( I paused last month, b/c I already had both of the Yakuza games, too). Or will they charge me for new games at that time?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The bundle just doubled up this month. Since there's no more revealing mystery games, this month has two December bundles. The Mothly with Soul Calibur, and the Choice with Tomb Raider and Blasphemous. Since they aren't revealing things the next month anymore, they both took the name.

Next month it'll be back to a normal schedule. If you want Tomb Raider and company, you can pay now or wait for the charge (or pause it).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I am also confused. If I already own most of the games in the bundle (all the expensive ones, at least), do I have to pause before Dec 29th again? ( I paused last month, b/c I already had both of the Yakuza games, too). Or will they charge me for new games at that time?

Go to your subscription page and look for 'next billing date'
If it does not show dec. 25th you will not be charged on dec. 25th

If it does show dec. 25th~27 as the next billing date
It means tou hadnt bought the current choice bundle that has shadow of tomb raider.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Go to your subscription page and look for 'next billing date'
If it does not show dec. 25th you will not be charged on dec. 25th

If it does show dec. 25th~27 as the next billing date
It means tou hadnt bought the current choice bundle that has shadow of tomb raider.
So I won't get access to the bundle at all if I don't buy unlock thing? Or I will but only once the sub has renewed on the 25th? Wow they are making this ultra confusing...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not to be a dick but what's the confusion?

Do you own the games? no? So that's what you will be charged for :p

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, well, um, this is a bit awkward, but I don't really have anyone to do this with, so...

Anyone want to add me as a friend on Steam so I can do the dumb voice chat thing for the Holiday Event since I have, like, no one to do it with? As in, add as a friend, then letting me jumping in and jump out of a voice chat real quick just to unlock the thing?
steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: ShironRedshift

No information given.

EDIT: Got some help with this, thank you very much ^^

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
If you don't want the games in the bundle with Tomb Raider then you need to pause now, yes. Otherwise they will bill you in a few days and you will have purchased a bundle you do not want. They let you look at all the games now and give you a month to decide if you want to pause or purchase. They will always charge you for the bundle you can see and have had the option to pay for early, no more mystery games.

The next bundle is gonna be revealed the first Friday of January and you can then decide to pause (at any point during the month), pay immediately or wait for the automatic billing that happens at the end of the month.

So I won't get access to the bundle at all if I don't buy unlock thing? Or I will but only once the sub has renewed on the 25th? Wow they are making this ultra confusing...
If you have not chosen to pay for the Tomb Raider bundle during the month then you don't have it, but will be automatically billed in just a few days which would then give you that TR bundle.

When the first Friday of January rolls around they reveal a new Choice bundle that you can decide to pay for, pause or wait until automatic billing at the end of the month

I'm not really understanding the confusing part but if my replies don't clear anything up, feel free to ask me to clarify whatever it is that still is confusing! :)

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
The only confusing part about the double bundles for December for me was the ending of my annual plan.
Before Choice my sub ended in May 2020, and now it ends at... May 2020. I wonder if that means I got a freebie out of it, but I doubt it.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is how it goes.
Day 1 - All games are revealed (with the old Monthly it was 1-3 games are shown) At this point you have the option to pay for the bundle or wait.
Day 25 - If you are currently subbed and haven't paid for the bundle, you are then charged for the bundle. You must pause before this time if you don't want that month's bundle.
Day 31 - Last chance to buy the bundle if you aren't subbed. ( Once the day is over the old Monthly was when the rest of the games were revealed and thus not allowed to buy it anymore)
Repeat

Deleted member 27751

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
not to be a dick but what's the confusion?

Do you own the games? no? So that's what you will be charged for :p
I know you prefaced your response but that doesn't even make sense as an actual observation of the situation. We were just confused with how the wording of the bundles were, and Humble's own FAQ makes no point of whether those games are available in the sub model. Especially if their billing is for the last Friday of the month why would they call it December rather than January bundle if your majority days are January?

But thank you to those who replied, that makes a ton more sense then Humble's own description. It was just super confusing seeing two December bundles and being told I needed to pick games but when I did I had to pay $12 for them 😅

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you to everyone for making the launch of Boneworks the biggest in VR's young history! Over 100k people played in the first week! The entire SLZ team has been overwhelmed by the reaction, we're so happy that you all share our enthusiasm for this passion project. Over the past 2+ years of development we learned physics, trig, linear algebra, quaternions, anatomy, and more. Now we're going to learn how to best curate Boneworks for your longterm enjoyment.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Torn between Metro Exodus 9$, The Division 2 9$ or Control 7$ for Epic Game Store purchase.

In the end I picked Metro Exodus because I'm a huge fan of the first two games and the books.

Also y all not joking, EGS launcher is kinda garbo lol. Is there no ETA on download time ?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I know you prefaced your response but that doesn't even make sense as an actual observation of the situation. We were just confused with how the wording of the bundles were, and Humble's own FAQ makes no point of whether those games are available in the sub model. Especially if their billing is for the last Friday of the month why would they call it December rather than January bundle if your majority days are January?

But thank you to those who replied, that makes a ton more sense then Humble's own description. It was just super confusing seeing two December bundles and being told I needed to pick games but when I did I had to pay $12 for them 😅
People thought like you and disliked how Monthly was titled after the month when the full bundle was revealed.
The last Monthly was thus called "December" because even tho you could buy it pretty much only in November (besides the couple of days in the first week of december), the full bundle wasn't available to you until the first friday in December. That was how it always worked with Monthly.

With Choice they changed it to what people thought would have been logical all this time, but even more so now since the full selection is there for you to pick from the start of the month. So the bundle you can purchase during all of December and that they automatically bill you for in December is called the December bundle!
...which, yes, means we have both Monthly December and Choice December, even tho they don't overlap at all. Monthly December is what would have been called November with Choice naming.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Hey mate, do you still need help with the humble sub info or is all made clear to you?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

Wait, now I am confused because you're talking about sub renewal, days and stuff! :D

You can't think of the Humble sub model in the same way you think about services like Game Pass or Playstation Plus. Humble sub doesn't really care about days, it cares about months*. "Did you pay for this month's bundle? Yes/No"

The payment you make on December 27th doesn't give you any of the January games. You simply finally paid for the games you could have paid for manually during all of December.

Then the December bundle stops being purchasable on the first Friday of January and you get a new one to make a decision about. Pay for the bundle right then and there (which means no automatic billing during January), waiting until later or even up until the automatic billing happens, or pause the sub so that you don't purchase that one at all.

*It cares if you are paused or not when it comes to the other sub perks like Trove and store discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.