• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It's Christmas in Kylieland, so Merry Xmas JaseC and Puncher and all other Aussies (and Kiwis and Pacific Islanders too I suppose!)

9e76cd7e-haruhi.jpg

Still three hours to go here at the opposite end of the country, but I appreciate the gesture all the same. ;)

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the OOTP team was supposed to be working on an NFL Manager game but I haven't heard anything in a long time.

Shame too as I know the ins and outs of American football more than any other team sport. But OOTP baseball is a fine alternative in the meantime (I'm dumb as a rock on soccer).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Am i wrong or there was once Divinity Original Sin 2-pack option on Steam?

I am blind, i just saw that Collectors Edition includes 2 copies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Heh, I remember there was pre-E3 2016 speculation that the game would be demoed, and someone on GAF took issue with me being incredulous despite the fact the project had been rebooted just nine months earlier (IIRC, Croteam explicitly said that the original vision for the game was scrapped following the exceptionally positive reception to Talos' slightly more story-driven design). Fast-forward three-and-a-half years and we're still waiting for a proper gameplay demo.

This wasn't enough? XD

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Oof Phoenix Point. I just did a mission where I was fighting a kind of creature that up to now threw tiny alien slugs at you that would blow up if they got close to you. Apparently that was too inefficient and now they just lob explosives from across the map. Two creatures killed half my team in one turn. Ouch.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It really is Celeste once again. Go home epic, you're drunk.

Oof Phoenix Point. I just did a mission where I was fighting a kind of creature that up to now threw tiny alien slugs at you that would blow up if they got close to you. Apparently that was too inefficient and now they just lob explosives from across the map. Two creatures killed half my team in one turn. Ouch.

I'm kinda glad I put it on hold after two missions because it did not "click" for me. Will try it again next year.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These epic coupons require the game to be 14.99 minimum! Why didn't anyone force read me the fine print??

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just finished the opening part of Metro Exodus. It's basically everything I loved about the series.

However, I'm not...

...really feeling the twist that the world is not really destroyed and the war is still going on. It honestly kinda ruins what makes Metro series post apocalyptic setting standout compared to others....

Also why do we still have silent protagonist in FPS in 2019 ???

Re: the spoiler: you have to keep in mind that the first scenario of the game is loosely based on the LAST act of the 3rd book, "Metro 2035" . Except in the book Artyom had another Odysseus through the Zone before he got wind of what the Hanse has been doing, and (book ending spoiler)

he ends up an exile along with Ana in the very end. Miller buys into the lie even after the jamming stations are exposed and insists on putting them back up and keeping the Metro isolated, because the war is on again.

Naturally, this would no have made for a good game material, which is why 4A and Glukhovsky created the non-canon contrived scenario to send the Aurora and Artyom's merry band on their journey.

Exodus is an interesting game, because you get this mix of classic Metro levels with something that feels a lot more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So I picked up Dying Light: EE yesterday for $15. It's been on my Wishlist forever.

Fired it up and was disappointed to see that it was running around 40fps with settings maxed out. Seemed kinda strange for a game that's years old and I'm rolling with a 1080 GTX on my gaming laptop.

So I dialed back some settings but it still held at 40 fps. Boo.

Then I noticed that my laptop was unplugged and it was running off the battery.

Plugged it back and and everything shot to 120 fps locked. Maxed out all my vid settings again and it stayed at 120 fps locked.

LOL.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what's the best game 0.88 steam bucks can buy?

edit: i'm seeing a bunch of stuff i might be interested in. half-life 1, EDGE, the silent age, her story

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Spent almost 2 hours yesterday in the Arena on Endless mode in Darksiders Genesis.

Bailed out after 75 waves, once I got to 70K points and unlocked the bad-ass skin for War.
Nearly done with the game; unfortunately, of the story achievements on GOG appear to be busted- I beat every boss so far, but 2 of the main demons don't register as completed. A shame, since I basically have a completionist run aside from that- I even found and beat Wicked K.

Anyhow, gonna wrap up the story and then start backing up my C drive before re-building this rig.

My new plan is to play Resi2 before the end of the year to figure out whether I should take advantage of GMG's "save 25% on R3make pre-order" coupon before it expires at the end of the year.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
what's the best game 0.88 steam bucks can buy?

edit: i'm seeing a bunch of stuff i might be interested in. half-life 1, EDGE, the silent age, her story

I'm kind of in the same boat with some random money in my steam wallet. HALF-LIFE is a classic of course and Her Story is really cool too. Though, I own them both. What about Cthulhu Saves the World? I've heard good things.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
So I picked up Dying Light: EE yesterday for $15. It's been on my Wishlist forever.

Fired it up and was disappointed to see that it was running around 40fps with settings maxed out. Seemed kinda strange for a game that's years old and I'm rolling with a 1080 GTX on my gaming laptop.

So I dialed back some settings but it still held at 40 fps. Boo.

Then I noticed that my laptop was unplugged and it was running off the battery.

Plugged it back and and everything shot to 120 fps locked. Maxed out all my vid settings again and it stayed at 120 fps locked.

LOL.
Pretty impressive you were getting 40 frames, then! Battery putting in work.

10 gifts from Madjoki

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 10 gifts from Madjoki Madjoki!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Madjoki said:
Choose w1sely

The redemption deadline is December 31, 2019, 12:00:00 AM PST

Keys don't work in:

• CU
  • LY
  • KP
  • SY
  • IR
  • MM
  • SD
  • BY
  • ER
  • VE
  • CN
  • BU

These are our awesome prizes:

• Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by Lone_Prodigy Lone_Prodigy (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by Csr Csr (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by C4rter C4rter (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by CGriffiths86 CGriffiths86 (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by MakotoYuki MakotoYuki (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by fokkusu fokkusu (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by Cels Cels (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by dom dom (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by Teggy Teggy (1 entry)
  • Battle.net Battle.net: Overwatch - Won by BorntoPlay BorntoPlay (1 entry)

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
House Flipper is awesome if you're looking for some Zen gameplay. Man I dumped so many hours into that game. No regrets.

Also consider Viscera Cleanup Detail if you're looking for the same vibe but a little more spicy.
Oh good call, I have Viscera and played a bit of it but that was before the game was complete. I should get back to it.
Although all that gore would make me feel not so chill lol.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been enjoying my index that recently came mainly trying out pavlov and boneworks.......will say though that I can understand krejlooc's thread about it now. Game does make me feel kinda sick but I guess prolong exposure should help with that.

Pavlov is hella fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.