• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
It's the second time Invisible Inc. gets bundled in a 30€ bundle but it has not been bundled in a "common" bundle yet.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Awesome, another Starship Troopers RTS. Does anybody else remember the other one from 2000?

I want to know more!

May 30, 2018
hey y'all- if this isn't the right place for this let me know. i bought that Skytech prebuilt 2080ti PC deal last week (it arrives in a few days!) and now i won't need my old machine, which is basically 5 years old. is it worth anything if i were to sell it locally?

PC Partpicker list

i'm not sure if the 960 listed there is the exact right one, but can't find the part number in my emails. this is what the order looked like:

kBbkhaU.png

i'm not banking on it being worth much at all, but if it would still be upgrade-able enough to salvage i'm trying to get my buddy into PC gaming and could maybe give it to him for not much at all.

New Recommendations
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Boneworks
- eonden

The next big VR game is coming to your closest simulation December 10. The only "I cant believe this is not Half Life VR" to feature a crowbar, unlike trailers shown by Alyx. Advanced physics and story to close another great year of VR games. Perform sweet moves and matrix like reloads in Boneworks!

TanNegativeFlamingo-size_restricted.gif

Due to high mobility in the game, it is not that recommended for newer VR players and should wait / train a bit in order to avoid possible nausea.

Dragon Quest Builders 2
- eonden

Mix Minecraft, RPG progressions, and Dragon Quest designs and you will get this amazing piece of art. Move around the open world helping the people and fighting the darkness, or just play with 3 other friends online to enjoy the cute world and deadly enemies.

Life is Strange 2 - Episode 5: Wolves
- Uzzy

Developed by DONTNOD Entertainment, the finale to Sean and Daniel Diaz's road trip is here. After tragic events, heartbreak and loss, the two brothers only have one barrier left standing between them and safety in Mexico. And it's a big one.

So I finally played all of the episodes up to now last month, and I found there's quite a lot to enjoy about Life is Strange 2. It's a road trip buddy movie, focusing on the relationship between two brothers, dealing with the aftermath of a tragic event, deeply embedded in the political environment of today's America. There's a lot of heart, some excellent performances from the two main actors, and it's full of those wonderful quieter moments, that really get to the heart of the all too human characters the game is about. I'm excited for the ending, and to see where the Life is Strange franchise goes from here. Mr Diaz, tear down this wall.

hENRCIO.png

Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York - Uzzy

From Draw Distance, Coteries of New York is a visual novel set in the World of Darkness, focusing on the bloodsucking fiends of New York City. You play as a newly embraced Kindred, a vampire, caught up in the power struggle that dominates the nights, the endless conflict between the traditional Camarilla and the rebellious Anarchs. Pick from one of three clans, and use your unique powers to gather allies, defeat enemies and maybe just survive.

Since Paradox Interactive bought the rights to the World of Darkness, it's been clear that there would be new video games made in it, and the setting's so varied you could fit in all manner of games in it. My dream of a Crusader Kings 2 style Vampire Grand Strategy game is yet to emerge, but in the meantime we have this fascinating visual novel that is hopefully going to be good. It's quality will say a lot about how Paradox are treating the setting.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Log onto my laptop to discover my entire SSD full of Steam games was deleted so that's fun. Really wish I knew what happened.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
can someone explain to me why the Oculus App (base software to use the Oculus) is 13gb

its ridiculous there are no standalone drivers, just this bloated thing.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So looks like that buying it directly on Steam is the best deal available for Surge 2 right now?

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Titanfall 2. At first I was frustrated at how much I had to sit through dialogue and scripted sequences compared to actually playing the game. But after the first couple levels it picked up and I really enjoyed the varied level design, with different gameplay mechanics in each level. Action part was cool but it annoyed me how quickly enemy troops died, but then I realized that all the weapons are busted including the shotgun which is more like a sniper that fires five shells at the same time. Platforming was real fun but unfortunately too simple and too little of it. Overall a great shooter that reminded me of Half---Life/Portal/Call of Duty/Mirror's Edge. Quite a feat to get all of those feels into a single mid-lengthy campaign.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to add GamePass games to Steam so that I can play them via the Big Picture mode?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm one of those weird ones that skip a lot of AAA until they are more affordable but have a weaker resolve for smaller games I'm interested in.

Honestly, same thing here. AAA companies can survive without me paying their games full price. Smaller/indie game companies, on the other, need it way more to survive. So I prioritize them, always.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It's primarily because the game is constantly streaming data and UE4 can't keep up, but there are a few things you can try to mitigate it:

#2 in particular made a quite a big difference for me.
Thanks, I'll try that. Not sure I understand #3, is that in Origin or Steam? I can't find the option in Origin >.>

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So December is here and what happened to this
Since Wastelanders was gonna release this fall I figured they would do a sort of "relaunch" with that and the Steam version. The update got delayed and since we have not seen a Steam launch I feel my hunch was correct. We'll most likely see it on Steam with Wastelanders in Q1 2020.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
:( maybe theyre waiting for the npc update to add 76
Since Wastelanders was gonna release this fall I figured they would do a sort of "relaunch" with that and the Steam version. The update got delayed and since we have not seen a Steam launch I feel my hunch was correct. We'll most likely see it on Steam with Wastelanders in Q1 2020.

They are missing big sale in that case. Not the wisest decision to be honest. Wastelands can't sell as much copies as good discount on major sale.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
They will start with the big title first, BF V, Apex, FIFA and The Sims are coming first and then i expect other games to slowly follow as well, but they won't make a big deal about them compared to BF V, FIFA and Apex.

they will start releasing games on Steam from 2020
Yeah, that makes sense. Although, I prefer their old games more, like CnC Complete Edition, than the newer ones.
it's on GOG, fwiw. no reason not to bring it back on Steam.
Huh, I didn't know it's available on GoG. Thanks!

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Kailh Brown or Blue?

edit: went with Brown. Supposed to be quieter, right? 🤞🏼

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Had to refund Quantum Break because I legitimately got it confused with Control. Shame that doesn't have any deals I can see, probably due to Epic Games exclusive which is poop. Ah well, got tons of games to play and added Red Dead onto that to maybe finish. Maybe.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Is Square Enix not AAA?

I actually thought about this as I typed my response. I probably should have specified what I meant with AAA but I felt it was easy enough to grasp so was a bit lazy with my reply. SE definitely has it in them to make some AAA games, multiple pipelines and all but I don't think DQ Builders 2 falls in this category. While DQ in general I consider a flagship product this is not a main line entry but a sequel to a spinoff genre. Even just looking at the marketing I don't think they are really comparable.

Typically the games I reject getting near launch I have this idea in my mind that it will be fun and I want to play them but I can probably get a GOTY edition type deal later with all DLCs, bug fixes etc. Dev budget isn't really that big of a factor into my own purchasing but as if I'm following a certain game that looks to be great or I want to show support I'll buy them early, especially for smaller studios for the same reasons Delphine explains in her post.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
if you price your game like a "triple A" game, I will judge you like a "triple A" game. It's that simple for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.