• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
seriously though why isn't split screen in PC MCC? It's already a thing that exists, they'd have to do more work to take it out, no?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Halo Reach didn't play too well with a mouse in my opinion, but this might change with 1.0 coming along.

I can't wait either way though.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I mean play anywhere as in if you bought it on Xbox, you own it on windows 10. I bought it day 1 on Xbox :/
Ah well no, it's not the only case, even Gear of War Ultimate isn't Play Anywhere, you need to purchase the PC and console version separately to own both. This usually happens with later ports I think.

Yup.

Halo 1 has aged incredibly well in my opinion

I don't agree, I tried to replay it lately and I feel it was just too outdated, and I'm used to old fps like Blood, Half-Life etc.
The way the design works is not optimal, considering often to progress you need to clear each area totally and some enemies are hidden behind a rock or something and the game won't let you progress unless you kill them all, with no indication about being forced to do this.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Reach is probably my least favorite, but I still enjoy it quite a bit...so I'm thankful that it's the only one available on PC at release. It will give me time to go back through it and get all them cheevos.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
2naZKx3.jpg

honeytrap
Does anime police really help against Chloe waifu menace?

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Halo gets to the point where it's practically given away like the Xbone version (when it was totally broken).

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever is playing LiS2, be careful searching youtube lol. They've already got the ending on there

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Really the only thing I think that's aged poorly is movement when you're jumping? Very floaty.
The weapon feel is still great.
Yeah the jumping is floaty but bother than that, woof, Halo 1 is still a classic.

I still get chills when the music starts kicking in for the final Warthog run.

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018
Is there any chance that Resident Evil 3 will be Epic exclusive or late PC port (like Monster Hunter DLC)?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
$5 for a month (and no mods) or $10 to keep forever? Not a hard question really.

By the time the collection is finished you will have paid more for game pass than if you just bought the games.
There's more than just Halo on Game Pass, though. Obviously if you only want Halo, subbing to Game Pass would be dumb, but if you're interested in multiple games on Game Pass, that's a different story.

I still think the majority of players will be on Steam, though, I don't think PC Game Pass is massively popular

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Halo MCC going to have those two rendering modes (like the 360 version I played had [at least H1])? One is remade graphics and one is the original graphics just in HD.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
How can PC players be at a disadvantage in a shooter?

It's also like Modern Warfare where there is cross platform play between consoles and PC. Console players can keep up because there is a measure of aim assist and this can be in the form of the reticule locking onto the enemy, lower recoil, reticule slowing down when moving the joystick near an enemy, etc.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I never played any visual novel but Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York might be the first. I'm not quite sure yet because of the "little gameplay" but the setting is so intriguing and maybe it's a good start into this genre?

Also, because I'm new to this thread, what is it with the "no anime"? I've seen this in a couple of threads now I think, but don't know why. Is this an inside-ERA joke or something? Not that I'm a big anime fan, but what's wrong with it?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Is there any chance that Resident Evil 3 will be Epic exclusive or late PC port (like Monster Hunter DLC)?
I'd say it's highly unlikely for either of those things to happen. Capcom (and Japanese publishers as whole, really) doesn't seem interested in having their games on EGS, and RE2 came out day and date on PC as do most Capcom games

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Anyway I'm glad Game Pass exists. I bought a XBox One S for dirty cheap, and thanks to some offers in this thread I basically managed to get a Ultimate sub for 40€ until March 2021, and using Microsoft Reward is great considering each month you can easily extend your sub by 20 days with absolutely no big effort.
I'm not purchasing new games from literally months now, because I prefer to wait for them to be bundled into Monthly, which it's a very good service and it seems it's going to be even better with the option to pick up your games.
I could purchase RDR2 IF the price is good enough, if R* will go with a full price instead of a 25/33% off like other store did, I'll wait for a deep sale.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I never played any visual novel but Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York might be the first. I'm not quite sure yet because of the "little gameplay" but the setting is so intriguing and maybe it's a good start into this genre?

Also, because I'm new to this thread, what is it with the "no anime"? I've seen this in a couple of threads now I think, but don't know why. Is this an inside-ERA joke or something? Not that I'm a big anime fan, but what's wrong with it?
Its from the long lost times of early 2010s, when Steam was free from Anime trash, but everything changed when Japan attacked...

Oct 25, 2017
I still think the majority of players will be on Steam, though, I don't think PC Game Pass is massively popular
The big thing holding Game Pass back is Microsoft's dog shit launcher. They absolutely must get rid of that folder-locking scheme where you don't have permission to access your game folders. Nobody else is doing that.

We're now potentially running into a situation where mods are exclusive to the Steam version, so Microsoft is essentially an giving inferior version of the game from their own store.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

It's a joke.

Much like anime.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
SaGa Scarlet Grace is out:

store.steampowered.com

Save 70% on SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS™ on Steam

With the fate of the world uncertain, follow the journey of Urpina, Taria, Balmaint, and Leonard as they call on their might and set out to carve a new future. Take charge and shape your own adventure with ultimate freedom of choice.

I've read reports of SE forgetting to actually upload the game so if you buy it you can't do anything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.