• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uzzy Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency should probably be in the OP. It comes out December 12th, and would probably be a much better introduction to VR for people just getting into it than Boneworks, since locomotion is based around teleportation.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
tenor.gif

He is coming!
"STARS!"
That sole word and the way Nemesis delivers it still gives chills to this day.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The big thing holding Game Pass back is Microsoft's dog shit launcher. They absolutely must get rid of that folder-locking scheme where you don't have permission to access your game folders. Nobody else is doing that. We're now potentially running into a situation where mods are exclusive to the Steam version, so Microsoft is essentially an giving inferior version of the game from their own store.
I don't think that's PC Game Pass' biggest issue. I think the bigger issue is catalog. The PC side gets table scraps. Console Game Pass gets stuff like DMCV and Remnant while PC gets almost nothing, and when PC does get a bigger(-ish) title like Rage 2 or Bloodstained, they don't even announce it.

099884.jpg

Rage 2 came out on PC Game Pass the same day as Console Game Pass, but they literally couldn't even fucking bother to put it on their slides. Same with Bloodstained too: announced only for Console and then it just magically shows up on the Xbox app.

I'm not saying the MS store is good or the mods thing isn't an issue, I just don't think those are GP's biggest problems in the eyes of the average consumer, the value just isn't there for a lot of people like it is on the console side, even at only $5/month

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone jumping on the MCC train and I'm over here shooting Battlemechs in Battletech.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I never won anything here so fingers crossed :D

also is there a chance Halo 5 will come to steam/ pc?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Uzzy Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency should probably be in the OP. It comes out December 12th, and would probably be a much better introduction to VR for people just getting into it than Boneworks, since locomotion is based around teleportation.

Just write a short recommendation about the game and he will put it there.

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018
I'd say it's highly unlikely for either of those things to happen. Capcom (and Japanese publishers as whole, really) doesn't seem interested in having their games on EGS, and RE2 came out day and date on PC as do most Capcom games
Good to know! I can't wait for this game.
I hope Capcom will remaster Code Veronica right after RE3!

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to trying Halo for the first time. I played the demo for the original on PC, but that's about all I've tried.

Heh, I'm about to retire my GTX 970 as well. It's been great, and lasted much longer than I had originally planned. My RTX 2070 Super should arrive today, which should be enough for my needs for a while at least.

My original plan was 2070 super as well, but Asus Strix 2080 got huge discount compared to 2070 super, there being 9.1€ difference (589,90€ vs 599€).
I guess it's due to 2080 being technically outdated model.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Life is Strange sucks btw

This action will have consequences.

That does look interesting! Lacking a VR headset myself I tend to miss these games.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The big thing holding Game Pass back is Microsoft's dog shit launcher. They absolutely must get rid of that folder-locking scheme where you don't have permission to access your game folders. Nobody else is doing that.

We're now potentially running into a situation where mods are exclusive to the Steam version, so Microsoft is essentially an giving inferior version of the game from their own store.
The issues with installing to another drive are also a pain.

Instead of something simple like STEAM's library system it's a convoluted mess to do it for a Microsoft Store title.

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018
tenor.gif

The best game I played this year. I should have listen to all these people who were praising this game all the time.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. While I would like to get MCC for free, I would also like to play it right now... Decisions, decisions.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
With the sale I didn't realize that Imperator has a free week going on. I have been wanting to try it for some time and see what those negative reviews where all about.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That does look interesting! Lacking a VR headset myself I tend to miss these games.
Here's a better recommendation for it:

Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency is a stealth-action VR title, and followup to an early and popular full VR game. The teleportation in the great feels great, but it also allows you to preview an area before moving there, so you can avoid nasty surprises. Throwing knives in the first game felt great, and the sequel looks like it will add quite a few interesting new tools. Designed to be playable without playing the original, this is a great game for people just getting into VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.