• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
With the sale I didn't realize that Imperator has a free week going on. I have been wanting to try it for some time and see what those negative reviews where all about.
The game was pretty underwhelming at launch. They also released a major update and free Content Pack today, figure that should be included in the free weekend as well. Definitely a good time to give it a go.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The game was pretty underwhelming at launch. They also released a major update and free Content Pack today, figure that should be included in the free weekend as well. Definitely a good time to give it a go.
I think its good. 1.3 starts adding more flavour, a more interesting mission system (when compared to HoI4 / EU4), and improves on the military side, with attrition actually having even more effect.

The reviews have also been turning around since 1.2

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that's true this seems like a big missed opportunity for e.g. Hollow Knight. I'm sure they already make bank on their merchandise but still
Yeah. I wonder if they just used a custom field to display that, since HK just shows awards in that spot.
It would be nice to have a standard place for developers to advertising merchandise.
I've seen other developers make news posts about it, but those fall off the store-page if they post any more news items.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Only got 3 games from the Steam sale:
Iconoclasts
Into the Breach
Street Fighter V

Plus another couple from Fanatical:
Gris
Puyo Puyo Tetris

Not going to install any of them yet, in case any of them magically show up in the Humble Monthly 3 days from now.

New Recommendation
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Here's a better recommendation for it:

And thank you for that! Added to the OP.

Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency
- Devin

Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency is a stealth-action VR title, and followup to an early and popular full VR game. The teleportation in the game feels great, but it also allows you to preview an area before moving there, so you can avoid nasty surprises. Throwing knives in the first game felt great, and the sequel looks like it will add quite a few interesting new tools. Designed to be playable without playing the original, this is a great game for people just getting into VR.

Last edited:

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I never won anything here so fingers crossed :D

also is there a chance Halo 5 will come to steam/ pc?
I think it really comes down to if they manage to release the rest of MCC in a faster pace. Assuming Halo Infinite will come next fall, Halo 5 needs to be done a few months prior to its release.

There's already a playable version of Halo 5 Forge on PC so it shouldn't be too much work.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a better recommendation for it:

Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency is a stealth-action VR title, and followup to an early and popular full VR game. The teleportation in the great feels great, but it also allows you to preview an area before moving there, so you can avoid nasty surprises. Throwing knives in the first game felt great, and the sequel looks like it will add quite a few interesting new tools. Designed to be playable without playing the original, this is a great game for people just getting into VR.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got Stardew mods that they can recommend, I bought it on sale, only played the mobile version

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, up to 12 pages already in here? It's all that love for Halo :D

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I think it really comes down to if they manage to release the rest of MCC in a faster pace. Assuming Halo Infinite will come next fall, Halo 5 needs to be done a few months prior to its release.

There's already a playable version of Halo 5 Forge on PC so it shouldn't be too much work.

i hope they do it

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

Halo 5 Forge is bad, tho.
No, seriously, it's a bad port. No FOV options and mouse aiming feeling way off. They'd probably have to scrap it and start from scratch if they wanted anything even approaching the standards Microsoft now seems to have for their PC games.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
oh great the giveaway is in this thread. my usually intermittent, but now suddenly more active posting will look super suspicious

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
UANdFwg.jpg

b169961c907afd8f47f68bdfd11fcc1f_w200.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
oh great the giveaway is in this thread. my usually intermittent, but now suddenly more active posting will look super suspicious

We have low standards and will take any and all people mildly interested in PC games, accessories and miscellaneous paraphernalia.
Do make more return visits though! The more, the merrier :)

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
i dont care if we get more randomers posting, least the thread is active

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I think its good. 1.3 starts adding more flavour, a more interesting mission system (when compared to HoI4 / EU4), and improves on the military side, with attrition actually having even more effect.

The reviews have also been turning around since 1.2

That's good to hear, I'm a big fan of Paradox grand strategy games.

EDIT: Damn, Halo is already at 60,144.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
We have low standards and will take any and all people mildly interested in PC games, accessories and miscellaneous paraphernalia.

hah i was a regular in the steam thread back at gaf. i didn't stick around at the beginning of era because of the weirdness here. remember when this thread was raided by nintendo fans? that was p weird

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Thread used to be rapid 4-5 years ago.

Spent my days at work just refreshing every minute or two.

Good times.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just a grump over the new opportunistic randos.

See y'all in a couple days.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The low barrier to entry with a 9.99 price is gonna help Reach big time. Yeah, you can get Game Pass for cheap usually (or people still have it from before) but most of the affected games like Gears, the alternative was a 60 dollar purchase. Reach will do well, in addition to the whole "historic" return to PC being a bit of an event.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I only played through the first Halo a long time ago but I got a friend that wants to play all of MCC eventually
Kinda glad he can't play for a week or two I still need to finish RDR2 and then catch up on LiS2

Oct 30, 2017
Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency is a stealth-action VR title, and followup to an early and popular full VR game. The teleportation in the great feels great, but it also allows you to preview an area before moving there, so you can avoid nasty surprises. Throwing knives in the first game felt great, and the sequel looks like it will add quite a few interesting new tools. Designed to be playable without playing the original, this is a great game for people just getting into VR.
Typo here. Assume it is supposed to be 'The teleportation in the game feels great'.

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I wonder if they just used a custom field to display that, since HK just shows awards in that spot.
It would be nice to have a standard place for developers to advertising merchandise.
I've seen other developers make news posts about it, but those fall off the store-page if they post any more news items.
That makes a lot of sense if it's a custom field. I guess the arguments against Valve implementing that is they don't see any of the revenue/don't want to handle distribution if they did want to go that route? I would've said also maybe to minimize developers redirecting people to harmful pages, but that's probably already a moot point.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Also 34K people watching live stream on Steam

tso7WoM.png
Live streams on Steam are always surprisingly high, might be due to how they are plasted on the game page.

The low barrier to entry with a 9.99 price is gonna help Reach big time. Yeah, you can get Game Pass for cheap usually (or people still have it from before) but most of the affected games like Gears, the alternative was a 60 dollar purchase. Reach will do well, in addition to the whole "historic" return to PC being a bit of an event.
I would also say the impact is reduced with games you know you will play for years, as you wont want to be hooked to a subscription (like in AoE2:DE)

Can you buy just Reach for £6.99? Says you need MCC for it. How confusing.
You will be able to buy each game individually or all together for a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.