• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Halo 5 Forge is bad, tho.
No, seriously, it's a bad port. No FOV options and mouse aiming feeling way off. They'd probably have to scrap it and start from scratch if they wanted anything even approaching the standards Microsoft now seems to have for their PC games.
Indeed. It was so bad I could only bare to play for 15 minutes and had to uninstall after.

But it was just a build to test waters on PC like Forza Apex. Who knows maybe 343 did more work on Halo 5 PC and halted it after it was clear that MCC PC was going to happen.

60,144 In-Game for MCC. NIce!
People with 50Mbit connections getting online now. My download's almost finished.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i saw on Twitter AAA dev went indie to make riskier projects talking how VR fans are tragic and how they remind him on football fans who support bottom league teams nobody watches. And i don;t know what to say except that some of VR games are sold or will sell more copies than that devs new project. Also same dev saud that HL Alyx is something that everyon wanted but now nobody will play.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
We cannot go this low.
4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731a.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Today i saw on Twitter AAA dev went indie to make riskier projects talking how VR fans are tragic and how they remind him on football fans who support bottom league teams nobody watches. And i don;t know what to say except that some of VR games are sold or will sell more copies than that devs new project.
it's probably better to be making a (good) VR game atm since it's easier to stand out from the crowd.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Today i saw on Twitter AAA dev went indie to make riskier projects talking how VR fans are tragic and how they remind him on football fans who support bottom league teams nobody watches. And i don;t know what to say except that some of VR games are sold or will sell more copies than that devs new project.

So VR owners are supposedly more interested in smaller scale games, and this person is complaining about the big budget stuff not getting "enough" attention? I'm not sure I get the analogy here, but that seems like an odd take -- especially if they went indie themselves.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished OUTER WORLDS and....
I really wish I loved it more then I did . I dont know why even, its fine! it is an aggresivly fine game that does everything a modern fallout-like should . But something just ,missing, some secret sauce to make it feel special, I just cant identify exactly what .

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So VR owners are supposedly more interested in smaller scale games, and this person is complaining about the big budget stuff not getting "enough" attention? That's... an odd take.

That person is basically saying that VR is dead and that people who support it and cheer for it are sad.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not the posting restrictions again, oh wow.
On another hand, I have never played any Halo.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That person is basically saying that VR is dead and that people who support it and cheer for it are sad.

Boo. Let people have their fun. It's cool technology. Meta: I try to stay off gaming twitter as much as I can or only check on the folks that I follow. It's not great out there.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Today i saw on Twitter AAA dev went indie to make riskier projects talking how VR fans are tragic and how they remind him on football fans who support bottom league teams nobody watches. And i don;t know what to say except that some of VR games are sold or will sell more copies than that devs new project. Also same dev saud that HL Alyx is something that everyon wanted but now nobody will play.

Ultimately this happens with any niche. Think about how many random mobile games or PC freeware garbo titles make millions and have scores of users that most "hardcore gamerz" don't care about at all. I mean look at how many MMOs have virtually no cultural impact on the mainstream gaming sphere but still have thousands of hardcore users.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished OUTER WORLDS and....
I really wish I loved it more then I did . I dont know why even, its fine! it is an aggresivly fine game that does everything a modern fallout-like should . But something just ,missing, some secret sauce to make it feel special, I just cant identify exactly what .

I'll be honest. It's one of those games where I can play it for hours once i get started but for some reason I'm just never in the mood.

Still love Parvati though.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Boo. Let people have their fun. It's cool technology. Meta: I try to stay off gaming twitter as much as I can or only check on the folks that I follow. It's not great out there.

Hehe i like to see what devs think about various things, and Twitter is nice place for that.

Ultimately this happens with any niche. Think about how many random mobile games or PC freeware garbo titles make millions and have scores of users that most "hardcore gamerz" don't care about at all. I mean look at how many MMOs have virtually no cultural impact on the mainstream gaming sphere but still have thousands of hardcore users.

I just think that it is kinda ironic to see that take from someone who got sick of making AAA games and wants to make something different.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Looking forward to Halo time.

Wonder when H1 will be released

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was by random chance that the index and the quest (and I think the rift as well but the index sold out and the quest did at a lot of locations) did massive numbers for black friday but it's most likely tied to HL Alyx. I think it has good odds to be the first VR game to sell a million within a year of release priced over $30. (unless I'm missing a game, as far as I know Beat Saber and Super Hot are the most expensive million sellers)
Not the posting restrictions again, oh wow.
On another hand, I have never played any Halo.
heh I clicked to enter that and then was like.... right.... new thread.... oh well :P
I can always sign up for the $1 game pass deal if I want to play halo or redeem one of the 3 codes I just got from building 2 computers >.>
it's still cool microsoft is giving them away on here though :)

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played about 20 minutes of Obra Dinn, but the extremely specific palettes are enough to make me love it already

Status
Not open for further replies.