• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
hsczB6z.png

giphy.gif

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
VG247's kneejerk reaction article to Gears 5's relatively low numbers on Steam sure has aged well. ;) Obviously Game Pass is always going to eat into full-price sales to some extent, but Gears 5 was plagued with server and progress issues for around two weeks, so it's no surprise it wasn't putting up big numbers at launch.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost more shocked to see TF2 is still chugging along.
Was selling some of my last items this week with a tinge of regret in order to co-finance my purchases.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So there are SEVEN endings in Life is Strange 2. I guess they took the polarised response to the original to heart when making this one!

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like it was a huge success.

Who could have seen this coming? :D

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
How is the full MCC port so far? Last time I played it (in the last flight) mic was always on and I couldn't move and crouch at the same time.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some Arby 'n the Chief while the game's downloading, and that's still good for a few cheap laughs.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like it was a huge success.

Who could have seen this coming? :D

Jedi Fallen Order was available on Origin Access and it was still big success on Steam, Halo MCC is available on Xbox Game Pass and it still ended up huge success on Steam. It's like that people love to choose where to get their games.

Anduril

Oct 28, 2017
Why the heck does MCC not feature local co-op?! Those are one of the few games I played through with my girl on x360 and I always thought we could finally replay them on my PC. Nooooooo. :(

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order was available on Origin Access and it was still big success on Steam, Halo MCC is available on Xbox Game Pass and it still ended up huge success on Steam. It's like that people love to choose where to get their games.
You mean people like choosing Steam and weren't being forced into it due to a lack of competition?

Blasphemy

Oct 25, 2017
VG247's kneejerk reaction article to Gears 5's relatively low numbers on Steam sure has aged well. ;) Obviously Game Pass is always going to eat into full-price sales to some extent, but Gears 5 was plagued with server and progress issues for around two weeks, so it's no surprise it wasn't putting up big numbers at launch.
Gears 5 is a full price game and has bad regional pricing in Europe. Halo is a $40 game, has no Euro regional pricing issues (it's €40) and you'll still have to wait for the full collection. And the Microsoft launcher is super awful. Steam is very attractive for this one.

Gears is also a single player franchise to some. Makes sense that people used a month (or even a free trial) of game pass for Gears but not Halo.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost more shocked to see TF2 is still chugging along.
Was selling some of my last items this week with a tinge of regret in order to co-finance my purchases.

There's a lot of bots "playing" the game since you get free items just for idling (even though there's so many of them they're pratically worthless and it takes forever to get enough items to actually get something worth real money). Still there's still a large enough playerbase to find a match within seconds with the matchmaker despite Valve not bothering to put out updates anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Same number of people are watching Halo on Twitch and playing on Steam right now XD

Status
Not open for further replies.