• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
4v4 sniper only is so much fun. So arcadey and clean, brings me back to the UT days. Too bad some maps are totally crap for the mode.

Kifimbo

Oct 28, 2017
I know this is a very old feature, but the live player counts is a great tool to have.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's bullet magnetism for controllers meaning you can shoot way off and it still registers as headshots while mouse players need pinpoint accuracy. Reason why console is better for Gears 5 since people can just rush up and one shot you with the Gnasher if they just fire remotely close to you.
Is Bullet magnetism there for PC version too or only Console?

Oct 25, 2017
Monopolies are usually determined by market shares. I dunno, seems like steam has that cornered, but maybe less now than a couple years ago. Not here to argue epic/steam/whatever though.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
My gamepass download for MCC is taking ages.

I just think saying "according to Era" is a bit disingenuous. It's not like even most PC gamers here are on that ride.
Well, when any PC thread or EGS thread on here gets shitted up with concern trolls and defenders, I think it's fair

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Damn, I was really low with my estimate of 90K on Steam for MCC. I knew it would be a big launch, but damn, PC gamers are thirsty for some Halo!

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
past 130k now
CDSepdn.png

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Monopolies are usually determined by market shares. I dunno, seems like steam has that cornered, but maybe less now than a couple years ago. Not here to argue epic/steam/whatever though.
The problem is that that definition is not what makes a monopoly bad nor illegal (nor does Steam have even 50% of the total PC gaming revenue, as people severely underestimate how much f2p games make outside of Steam). The main problem of monopolies is when big economies of scale or anticompetitive behaviours are left unchecked, which causes estagnation of the service and increase cost for the customer. For gaming services, setting up your own launcher and download is quite cheap, and both GOG and Steam have pushed the envelope on functionality (and now MS and EA in subscription althought their service is subpar).

This is the press, ladies and gentlemen lmao

In the current gaming landscape, we have so much offering that people can decide to skip in games if they so want, because there are many more offerings (including free games such as Destiny 2) there to play, so the most important part is being easily accessible to everyone. Heck, Halo and Star Wars clearly prove that people would pay more for your game if you provide it in a service they want, so you might as well take advantage of that.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Totally makes sense to compare a subscription service in a literal beta version with a digital game service, where you still "own" the games in 3 years.

"Why buy game ABC on PS4, when it is a free Stadia game?"

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime there's a new Destiny 2 trailer and people get all hyped over the lore and I think, as someone that played it and spent a good 70 hours with the game probably, that I never have any clue what the big deal is.

Guess this is how people who are only passing fans of Dark Souls feel when they have trailers for their DLC maybe.

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally makes sense to compare a subscription service in a literal beta version with a digital game service, where you still "own" the games in 3 years.

Yeah, this makes no sense to me.
I personally want to own MCC, insomuch that you own games on any digital platform, I don't want to rent it on a service that I'd have to pay money to in perpetuity.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

A lot of people from my region that i know went for Xbox Game Pass and Origin Access for games for example. Especially for Gears 5 and Jedi Fallen Order. It was better deal for them.

Everytime there's a new Destiny 2 trailer and people get all hyped over the lore and I think, as someone that played it and spent a good 70 hours with the game probably, that I never have any clue what the big deal is.

Guess this is how people who are only passing fans of Dark Souls feel when they have trailers for their DLC maybe.

I will never forgive Bungie for making me so excited about Destiny franchise when they announced it and then releasing what they released. I was so excited for amazing world and stories they were talking about when they announced their new project after Halo.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You should be like me and only post anime as reaction gifs instead of watching it, so when you post one that you find on Imgur and people go "wtf you watch that disgusting show?" you get the nervous sweats.

Status
Not open for further replies.