• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks MS!

"You need to participate more in this thread before you can enter this giveaway!" As if I never posted in any of the PC threads before. Haha.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
One thing Battle.Net misses is ability to not download multiplayer for COD's. Yesterday I started the 150GB download. Finally I have hour or so time to play. "Download this 20GB multiplayer patch first".

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Nine new pages? what on earth

zR3jYaE.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
One thing Battle.Net misses is ability to not download multiplayer for COD's. Yesterday I started the 150GB download. Finally I have hour or so time to play. "Download this 20GB multiplayer patch first".

Maybe that modular downloads thing Sony's pushing with PS5 will finally set developers on the right track and this will become standardized.

Maybe.

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Mortal Kombat used it, it was shit.
The Valve implementation is quite shitty too, so it would need to be heavily improved.
It was MKX that attempted to use it and yes, it was a complete shit-show.
Mind you, MKX was a complete shit-show even if we ignored the issues with downloading it, so I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about the viability of modular downloads from that experience.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you have some elements from a pack, steam makes it cheaper, but I think you dont't get the full discount compared to buying everything using the bundle.
Is this true though? For example, DS3 bundle with dlcs costs the same even if you have the main game or one of the dlcs. I've noticed the same with a few other publishers, but can't remember them now.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
A Mortal Kombat used it, it was shit.
The Valve implementation is quite shitty too, so it would need to be heavily improved.

Didn't MK used it for play while you are downloading it? I am talking about option to pick what to download. Few games on Steam are using it for various localization files for example.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Steam does the integrated downloads tbh, let me download SP stuff right away and MP stuff as I play it

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, I was against The Bureau: XCOM Declassified when it was first announced, but honestly? It's an OK cover-shooter with a really interesting story. After its torturous development, it's kinda amazing that it ended up as good as it is.

My initial hatred of its existence was reactive and embarassing. It is a good reminder (to me, at least) of the dangers of fandom.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't MK used it for play while you are downloading it? I am talking about option to pick what to download. Few games on Steam are using it for various localization files for example.
Yeah, language options are there in the settings for games.
I hope Steam does the integrated downloads tbh, let me download SP stuff right away and MP stuff as I play it
COD has it already (you have a different app for SP and for MP). You just need to remember to allow Steam to download while you are playing (off by default).

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Shame the thread will be the usual regulars when the giveaway ends
'Tis the nature of the beast, I'm afraid.

I'm wondering, how many people here took advantage of BF deals to stack up on Gamepass time?
I managed to grab a $37 XB Gold sub that I converted into 15 months of GP Ultimate.
After looking at the recent Autumn seals and how much I would be spending otherwise I've concluded that this was probably the best deal I've found in ages.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
That bundle discount does not work with every bundle, I guess that's why he's asking.
Is this true though? For example, DS3 bundle with dlcs costs the same even if you have the main game or one of the dlcs. I've noticed the same with a few other publishers, but can't remember them now.
Oh, in the cases I've encountered got a discount (a Dishonored 2 bundle and a Danganronpa bundle are the ones I remember getting lately).
Guess there's the option of refunding the individual game and getting the bundle if you change your mind before starting to play then.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Bureau would be a legit good / great game if managing your allies didn't feel so useless a lot of the time. Half the challenge was in babysitting them. Well, and it probably needed a bit more variety toward the end of the game.

I feel like we've seen so many attempts at the "party members in real time" stuff that just fizzles out. Really want someone to nail it someday. They go too far into dumb weaklings or invincible NPC territories.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, in the cases I've encountered got a discount (a Dishonored 2 bundle and a Danganronpa bundle are the ones I remember getting lately).
Guess there's the option of refunding the individual game and getting the bundle if you change your mind before starting to play then.
Right now, the MCC package is not a bundle that gets cheaper once you get a game that is part of it(those bundles work by having a discount over the combined value of the items in the package and there is no discount over the total value of the games right now). But that might change once all the other games get a price, as currently only Reach has it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I was against The Bureau: XCOM Declassified when it was first announced, but honestly? It's an OK cover-shooter with a really interesting story. After its torturous development, it's kinda amazing that it ended up as good as it is.

My initial hatred of its existence was reactive and embarassing. It is a good reminder (to me, at least) of the dangers of fandom.

I thought it was ok too. Not great, not terrible.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Bureau would be a legit good / great game if managing your allies didn't feel so useless a lot of the time. Half the challenge was in babysitting them. Well, and it probably needed a bit more variety toward the end of the game.

I feel like we've seen so many attempts at the "party members in real time" stuff that just fizzles out. Really want someone to nail it someday. They go too far into dumb weaklings or invincible NPC territories.
Yeah, for sure. The squaddies need to be autonomous but also tactically significant, so that you aren't managing them every second, but when you do it makes a difference. A lot of The Bureau (and other cover-based shooters with squads) boils down to either micromanaging them so they survive, or using them as meat shields to cover you. You never feel like a team the way you should.

The only game I can think of that did it well (and it wasn't even a shooter) is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It sorta pokemonified them, by making training a big factor of their effectiveness. Really smart game.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I'm happy to report that Reach MP feels way better than in the Beta flights. Playing on European servers makes a huge difference in responsiveness.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, language options are there in the settings for games.

COD has it already (you have a different app for SP and for MP). You just need to remember to allow Steam to download while you are playing (off by default).

Infinite & Black Ops 3 are single app and decission on done by DLC (like MKX, but everything is on by default).

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
'Tis the nature of the beast, I'm afraid.

I'm wondering, how many people here took advantage of BF deals to stack up on Gamepass time?
I managed to grab a $37 XB Gold sub that I converted into 15 months of GP Ultimate.
After looking at the recent Autumn seals and how much I would be spending otherwise I've concluded that this was probably the best deal I've found in ages.
Exploiting the Alienware PC Gamepass giveaway is still the best. You could get 3 years of PC gamepass for free. Then use $1 if you need GPU to convert it to that.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

This is version 1.0.0 which signals two things: the game is now pretty much feature complete (in regards to the features I had planned to be in the full game) AND it also means today (as this version goes live on Steam Early Access) the game launches on iOS!

The plan is to keep the Steam version in Early Access until 2nd or 3rd week of January, this should also be after the various Steam sales and holidays are done.

Wok you might like this!

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
Right now, the MCC package is not a bundle that gets cheaper once you get a game that is part of it(those bundles work by having a discount over the combined value of the items in the package and there is no discount over the total value of the games right now). But that might change once all the other games get a price, as currently only Reach has it.
Thanks for the info, makes sense since the other games don't have a price tag. If all of them will have the same price the pack is a good deal though (as if getting all thos Halo isn't good enough :P).

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, for sure. The squaddies need to be autonomous but also tactically significant, so that you aren't managing them every second, but when you do it makes a difference. A lot of The Bureau (and other cover-based shooters with squads) boils down to either micromanaging them so they survive, or using them as meat shields to cover you. You never feel like a team the way you should.

The only game I can think of that did it well (and it wasn't even a shooter) is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It sorta pokemonified them, by making training a big factor of their effectiveness. Really smart game.
I really want one of these games to actually nail that balance, but it does seem like a really difficult task. Designing a good user interface is probably a big part of it. Maybe with good voice commands (or possibly something like hand signals in VR, though I think that's still a ways off), you could have a better system that doesn't require you to navigate menus to issue orders.

The Bureau seemed okay, but I lost interest after a while and never finished it. It definitely wasn't terrible as terrible as it's reputation would make you believe, but it just isn't good enough to be worth a strong recommendation.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info, makes sense since the other games don't have a price tag. If all of them will have the same price the pack is a good deal though (as if getting all thos Halo isn't good enough :P).
Price is gonna be 10$ for each game (and 5 for ODST). MCC is gonna stay the same price (so basically you get a "free" game by buying it all at once).

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'm scared to go in.

qSiBUGC.png

It's the picture from Chloe's house. Oh my god.

MdSZTWL.png

That's David.

0Ej2Acn.png

And that's David, Joyce and CHLOE FUCKING PRICE.

I can't go in! I can only 'look' at the trailer. oh fuck

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Game would probably be better if they went with original idea (FPS) or with going with TPS without tactical gameplay. Game had interesting lore and story but gameplay wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.