• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1055

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I was against The Bureau: XCOM Declassified when it was first announced, but honestly? It's an OK cover-shooter with a really interesting story. After its torturous development, it's kinda amazing that it ended up as good as it is.

My initial hatred of its existence was reactive and embarassing. It is a good reminder (to me, at least) of the dangers of fandom.

The game-play was kinda lackluster, but the story had one of my favorite twists relating to the the identity of the protagonist in a long while. It it also not the worst XCOM spin-off game by far; my vote for that goes to Enforcer.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I really want one of these games to actually nail that balance, but it does seem like a really difficult task. Designing a good user interface is probably a big part of it. Maybe with good voice commands (or possibly something like hand signals in VR, though I think that's still a ways off), you could have a better system that doesn't require you to navigate menus to issue orders.

The Bureau seemed okay, but I lost interest after a while and never finished it. It definitely wasn't terrible as terrible as it's reputation would make you believe, but it just isn't good enough to be worth a strong recommendation.
I've played Hey, You! Pikachu. I dunno that voice commands are the solution...

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
How does Dishonored 2 run on PCs? I remember it being kinda rough on consoles day 1 and am not so sure how it was on PC. Seems to be okay after some patches?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
There are separate entries in library on Steam but as far as I remember it is still one game and you can't download separate parts.

You can

7SOsHJi.png

Want just Campaign? Sure
Just multiplayer? Can do that.
Just zombies? Yup.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've played Hey, You! Pikachu. I dunno that voice commands are the solution...
Most voice commands are garbage, though I think it will improve pretty rapidly soon. They do seem to work pretty well in Star Trek: Bridge Crew from my experience, though that uses IBM's Watson servers for the speech-to-text engine.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
How does Dishonored 2 run on PCs? I remember it being kinda rough on consoles day 1 and am not so sure how it was on PC. Seems to be okay after some patches?

Coincidentally, I have been playing this for the past month. In terms of actual game performance, I have had no issues (running a Ryzen 3700x and RTX 2070). However, for whatever reason, this game pushes my GPU harder than any other game I've played thus far. I definitely hear the fan kicking in more audibly and notice it runs hotter than it normally does with other games. It's a bit irritating, so I'd give it a try on Steam and refund if it doesn't quite work out for you.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
What are your specs?
i5/GTX970/16gb ram/SSD and I want to play in 1080p and 60fps. I don't even mind playing with some settings on medium or even low.

Coincidentally, I have been playing this for the past month. In terms of actual game performance, I have had no issues (running a Ryzen 3700x and RTX 2070). However, for whatever reason, this game pushes my GPU harder than any other game I've played thus far. I definitely hear the fan kicking in more audibly and notice it runs hotter than it normally does with other games. It's a bit irritating, so I'd give it a try on Steam and refund if it doesn't quite work out for you.
Have you been playing with unlocked framerate?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
So Phoenix Point released today and while it is going to be on Game Pass it is not yet. Developer didn't get the release copy into Microsoft's hands soon enough so it is going to have to go through the certification process that can take 1-7 days. Woe.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
i5/GTX970/16gb ram/SSD and I want to play in 1080p and 60fps. I don't even mind playing with some settings on medium or even low.

Have you been playing with unlocked framerate?

I originally did, but in an effort to see if I could "fix" this issue, I tried limiting the framerate to 60 FPS in the in-game options. No dice, GPU was still being pushed pretty hard--not quite sure what the cause is since the game seems to be running pretty effortlessly otherwise. I can give it another spin tonight because I actually reorganized my fan cooling setup in my case this past weekend and can report back.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So Phoenix Point released today and while it is going to be on Game Pass it is not yet. Developer didn't get the release copy into Microsoft's hands soon enough so it is going to have to go through the certification process that can take 1-7 days. Woe.

Wow, I completely forgot that Phoenix Point is included in Gamepass. Pretty good that I saved up to other coupons for 1 month each. That will be a highly enjoyable December vacation then.

BigBoss

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas

Texan365

Oct 27, 2017
Most voice commands are garbage, though I think it will improve pretty rapidly soon. They do seem to work pretty well in Star Trek: Bridge Crew from my experience, though that uses IBM's Watson servers for the speech-to-text engine.

I've always dreamed of playing an RTS with both regular controls and voice commands. I wanna macro with my voice while I micro with my hands!

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
nJ9SQsp.png
IffP416.png

OH YEAH SURE DONTNOD JUST GIVE ME A CONVERSATION WITH DAVID MADSEN ABOUT RAISING KIDS

He said he made his peace with Chloe?!!?!? What does that mean?!!? GIVE ME DETAILS YOU BASTARDS

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I was against The Bureau: XCOM Declassified when it was first announced, but honestly? It's an OK cover-shooter with a really interesting story. After its torturous development, it's kinda amazing that it ended up as good as it is.

My initial hatred of its existence was reactive and embarassing. It is a good reminder (to me, at least) of the dangers of fandom.

It's funny, I was totally down for The Bureau in concept, even picking to preorder it over Saints Row IV. But then I played it, and I hated it. But then again, I don't play much in the way of tactical shooters.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Started RDR2 tonight and i'm suprised that it runs decently enough on my 980.

How is the game performing in the later areas (like saint denis)?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I have an intel i5 6600 but I'm starting to notice games recommend an i7. How behind is my processor at this point? It's the only thing I'm considering upgrading but don't know if I'd get much benefit without upgrading my board too.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I completely forgot that Phoenix Point is included in Gamepass. Pretty good that I saved up to other coupons for 1 month each. That will be a highly enjoyable December vacation then.
Just FYI it hasn't hit GPPC yet. It'll be up a bit late due to cert issues, maybe in a week.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I originally did, but in an effort to see if I could "fix" this issue, I tried limiting the framerate to 60 FPS in the in-game options. No dice, GPU was still being pushed pretty hard--not quite sure what the cause is since the game seems to be running pretty effortlessly otherwise. I can give it another spin tonight because I actually reorganized my fan cooling setup in my case this past weekend and can report back.
If you're doing it for me/to report back to me, you don't have to do it. I will just buy and try it but thanks anyway!

You shouldn't have much of an issue, I played at 1080p and 60fps on a GTX1060. You'll need to lower the texture setting down to medium with your GPU, sadly Dishonored 2 is a VRAM hog.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/dishonored_2_pc_performance_review/9
Yeah, well, that's something I am used to with my card. I don't mind this much though. Thank you.

Game is around 5€ on cdkeys I see. I will just buy it. Can't go wrong with that price.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
So I have an intel i5 6600 but I'm starting to notice games recommend an i7. How behind is my processor at this point? It's the only thing I'm considering upgrading but don't know if I'd get much benefit without upgrading my board too.

Intel hasn't made any serious advancements since the 6th gen. Your IPC is barely lower than the i5 9600 and the main reason the 9600 outperforms it is the higher base clock and increased cores. In any game that can't utilize the increased core count the difference is even smaller than the meager boost it theoretically has.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
downloaded Vambrace, Where the Water Tastes like Wine and Red Strings Club... xbox app continues to work flawlessly for me /shrug

works better than my actual xbox tbh lol >_<

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hella

97M0hsj.png

That's Max and Chloe Post Bae Ending. Holy shit.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Intel hasn't made any serious advancements since the 6th gen. Your IPC is barely lower than the i5 9600 and the main reason the 9600 outperforms it is the higher base clock and increased cores. In any game that can't utilize the increased core count the difference is even smaller than the meager boost it theoretically has.

Huh, good to know. Is there any indication of when it might be worth looking into upgrading? I know 7nm chips are apparently on the horizon. I'm considering moving all my third party game purchases to pc next gen and am wanting to make sure I'm good for a while once the overall floor is raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.